Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones
A tweet, I think from Harvey, that Marvin Jones is not practicing again today.

That, in spite of Marvin Lewis showing obvious frustration with him yesterday. This situation needs to get turned around.

Otherwise, our decision to not draft a wide receiver just gets worse.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 07:14 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: A tweet, I think from Harvey, that Marvin Jones is not practicing again today.

That, in spite of Marvin Lewis showing obvious frustration with him yesterday.  This situation needs to get turned around.

Otherwise, our decision to not draft a wide receiver just gets worse.

We drafted a WR
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Why is Lewis berating Jones ?
Does ML think MJ wants to be on the sideline ?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 02:10 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: Why is Lewis berating Jones ?
Does ML think MJ wants to be on the sideline ?

You have got pretty thin skin if you call that berating. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 02:11 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: You have got pretty thin skin if you call that berating. Ninja

Yeah, I'm actually glad that Marvin is even showing a little something between his legs.

We've been waiting for him to be the coach of "toughen up and let's go get the job done!"
Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones needs to play through his injury he's been out long enough who knows if he'll even be the same 10 td player he was
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(08-07-2015, 09:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We drafted a WR

Yeah and i think Mario Alford will be a good one for us if not a great one. Just a pure speedy
playmaker all over the field. Plus Denarius Moore has started to show up for us and Burkhead
is looking great in the Slot position. Too early for people to be nervous.

As long as MLJ is ready for the opener this is no big deal. Marv should push his players to get
on the field though, as well.
Reply/Quote
It's one of the things I think the team misses the most from Zimmer. He has the fire & it's contagious.
Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Reply/Quote
According to Geoff Hobson, Marvin Jones is dressed but not practicing.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Guy that runs for a living, pulled hammy? Seems pretty routine, to me.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 02:15 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, I'm actually glad that Marvin is even showing a little something between his legs.

We've been waiting for him to be the coach of "toughen up and let's go get the job done!"

Marvin always calls out the players at the wrong times lol imo.

Here is a guy coming back from injury, trying to be patient like vontaze and the other guys and Lewis is basically calling him a *****.

IDK his injury timeframe, but you would think Lewis would be patient as he is with all the other players.

It seemed strange to me to be calling him out when hasn't pushed any other players with injuries.
Reply/Quote
Also Kumerow might be able to crack the roster with all his entangables. Size, speed, route running etc.

We might be getting nervous for no reason.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Also Kumerow might be able to crack the roster with all his entangables. Size, speed, route running etc.

We might be getting nervous for no reason.

I think we are all overvaluing Kumerow at this point Tongue 

I like the guy a lot but lets not lock him in as the next riley cooper quite yet lol
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:31 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think we are all overvaluing Kumerow at this point Tongue 

I like the guy a lot but lets not lock him in as the next riley cooper quite yet lol

Yeah, but the dude has it all. Could be a fine player for us.

Or atleast a talented backup...

and upgrade over Tate.
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:56 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, but the dude has it all. Could be a fine player for us.

Or atleast a talented backup...

and upgrade over Tate.

Ya, but if I step into Marvin Lewis's shoes, Tate knows the offense and knows the coaches and is a veteran and has special teams value  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I don't think it's anything unusual for a head coach to say a player needs to practice and I think Marvins comments were a direct answer to a direct question. True enough that if a player can't practice they obviously can't play. Pretty straight forward if you ask me.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 03:07 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Marvin always calls out the players at the wrong times lol imo.

It seemed strange to me to be calling him out when hasn't pushed any other players with injuries.

So there is no way possible that marvin knows more about these players and their injuries than you do?
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2015, 05:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So there is no way possible that marvin knows more about these players and their injuries than you do?

No, he surely does. Did I say I knew all? geez

If a guy is injured a guy is injured. Why not take the 'outlook sunny' approach like he does with every other injury report?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, Bfine, and I like the Alford draft. I just meant at No.1, although I admit I would have been torn between a wr and a front seven.
Reply/Quote