Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burfict's Suspension Likely to be Upheld
(02-12-2016, 01:58 AM)Utts Wrote: While shut up dude it's football is a compelling argument, you couldn't be more wrong. If Burfict were a Steeler, you'd think his punishment was probably too lenient. 

Burfict isn't nasty, he's an undisciplined thug. I hope the people in his inner circle aren't as clueless as you, or his career is going to end far too early.

You don't get it..

Vontaze isn't undisciplined. He's calculated if anything. He knows what he's doing out there. He does these things to try to get into the other teams heads, and some times it backfires. The Antonio Brown hit was a bang-bang unfortunate play, but everything else he does to try and get those after the play flags from the other teams. He's not the only player out there that does this.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 12:40 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: You don't get it..

Vontaze isn't undisciplined. He's calculated if anything. He knows what he's doing out there. He does these things to try to get into the other teams heads, and some times it backfires. The Antonio Brown hit was a bang-bang unfortunate play, but everything else he does to try and get those after the play flags from the other teams. He's not the only player out there that does this.

This....

The NFL is using burfict to make an example unfortantely... I bet talib doesnt even get a game.
Reply/Quote

Vontaze knows what he is doing, but he is not smart enough to get away with it.

He has been fined multiple times.  I am sure he had been warned about suspension if he did not clean up his act.  And finally I am sure the players were warned that this was not a normal game.  The NFL had been accused of letting a prior Bengal/Steeler game "get out of hand".  And then he got busted taking a stupid late hit on Brown.  Burfict clearly dipped his shoulder for the hit when he knew Brown was not going to make the catch.  Players just can't do that anymore.

if you want to hear me scream about injustice lets talk about what Shazier got away with.  But I think it was a hood call against Burfict, and his history justified a suspension.  Goodell is very inconsistent with his discipline, but in this case it does not seem way out of line.  I could agrue that the suspension should be shorter, but I could not really argfue against a suspension.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vontaze knows what he is doing, but he is not smart enough to get away with it.

He has been fined multiple times.  I am sure he had been warned about suspension if he did not clean up his act.  And finally I am sure the players were warned that this was not a normal game.  The NFL had been accused of letting a prior Bengal/Steeler game "get out of hand".  And then he got busted taking a stupid late hit on Brown.  Burfict clearly dipped his shoulder for the hit when he knew Brown was not going to make the catch.  Players just can't do that anymore.

if you want to hear me scream about injustice lets talk about what Shazier got away with.  But I think it was a hood call against Burfict, and his history justified a suspension.  Goodell is very inconsistent with his discipline, but in this case it does not seem way out of line.  I could agrue that the suspension should be shorter, but I could not really argfue against a suspension.

Agreed.  Vontaze dig his own hole.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 04:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Vontaze knows what he is doing, but he is not smart enough to get away with it.

The inconsistency of discipline is unfair.  It gives an advantage to certain teams.  The NFL has a history of letting the Steelers get away with dirty hits, but then they come down way too hard on a Bengal player.

If Shazier had been flagged and fined and Burflict had been suspended for one game, justice would have been fairly served.

Another example of the NFL’s unfair behavior is that they took a home game from Cincinnati’s publicly funded stadium and sent it overseas, while at the same time offering $300 million to help build a stadium in California.

The NFL clearly does not treat all teams fairly.
Reply/Quote
2015 Personal Fouls

UR=Unecessary Roughness, RP=Roughing the Passer

2015:
Olivier Vernon - Dolphins: 6 (5 RP, 1 UR)
William Gholston - Buccaneers: 5 (1 RP, 4 UR)
JJ Watt - Texans: 4 (4 RP)
Jerry Hughes - Bills: 4 (1 RP, 3 UR)
Von Miller - Broncos: 4 (3 RP, 1 UR)
Jaye Howard - Chiefs: 4 (3 RP, 1 UR)
Cody Wallace - Steelers: 3 (3 UR) <------------------ very interesting
JR Sweezy - Seahawks: 3 (3 UR)
Brandon Browner - Saints: 3 (3 UR)
Kyle Wilson - Saints: 3 (1 RP, 2 UR)
Vontaze Burfict - Bengals: 3 (3 UR)
Kevin Minter - Cardinals: 3 (1 RP, 2 UR)
Will Hill - Ravens: 3 (3 UR)

Even if you only count Unnecessary Roughness (not sure why roughing the passer is any less dirty), Burfict was tied with 5 others for 2nd place. That includes Cody Wallace of the Steelers.

Data found here: http://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties-player.html?yr=2015&sort=ur

Oddly enough, there were no straight up "personal foul" penalties in 2015. Everything seems to fall under Unnecessary Roughness or Roughing the Passer.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2016, 12:07 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: So who's your team, the Steelers?

Yes. It's the Steelers because you can't possibly be rational and a Bengals fan at the same time.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote

Vontaze isn't undisciplined. He's calculated if anything. He knows what he's doing out there. 

Not buying that, and if it were true I'd say go ahead and kick him out of the league right now.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2016, 03:36 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Seems rather...shitty

Burfict diving right into the players head and aqib pulling face mask ahem... one hurts instantly the other one looked more like his head was about to come off. 
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 03:04 AM)CrazyAnimal8 Wrote: Burfict diving right into the players head and aqib pulling face mask ahem... one hurts instantly the other one looked more like his head was about to come off. 

Both looked like they hurt instantly and their heads could come off lol
Reply/Quote
Someone who read this thread apparently also commented on PFT. Saw a post of mine in this thread get copied for a reply on that site. Kind of bizarre. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2016, 02:23 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Both looked like they hurt instantly and their heads could come off lol

personally, the Burfict hit on brown was a thing of beauty! this game has become a game of panty waste rules. Where is the outcry for " injuries are part of the game"?

Reply/Quote