Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones foot injury...
I heard Marvin Jones was limited in practice Wednesday with a "foot injury."
Anyone else know anything about this. And since he missed all last season with a "foot injury," I'm more than a little concerned when I heard that.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
I read about it just a few minutes ago. It is worrisome, but I don't think there's any more info out there right now. Maybe tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
Well at least he is LP and not DNP. I just hope its nothing serious...
Reply/Quote
Well, at least we got 5 games before our receivers started dropping.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hope it is just a minor tweak and nothing serious... Mellow
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 02:47 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: I read about it just a few minutes ago.  It is worrisome, but I don't think there's any more info out there right now.  Maybe tomorrow.

One I plan on keeping my eyes open this week about.  
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:17 AM)Brandon00151 Wrote: Well at least he is LP and not DNP. I just hope its nothing serious...

You and me both, brother!
Jones has meant a lot to this offense so far.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:25 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well, at least we got 5 games before our receivers started dropping.

I'm really hoping this is a minor tweak, and not a re aggravation of last year's injury!
Reply/Quote
Regardless of what it is, best to take precautions and rest him. Sanu and Burkhead would step up. We need Marvin for the playoffs 100%. With the bye week ahead, he could have a full three weeks of rest. Don't push it.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Regardless of what it is, best to take precautions and rest him.  Sanu and Burkhead would step up.  We need Marvin for the playoffs 100%.  With the bye week ahead, he could have a full three weeks of rest.  Don't push it.

Admittedly, I don't know what this injury is - just nervous about it being his foot after last year.  
I'll be interested to see his status in practice today and speculate from there.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 03:25 AM)Joelist Wrote: Well, at least we got 5 games before our receivers started dropping.

[Image: Knee_Jerk_large.png?886]
Reply/Quote
During my last physical, when the doctor hit my knee, my leg moved like that.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 08:26 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: Admittedly, I don't know what this injury is - just nervous about it being his foot after last year.  
I'll be interested to see his status in practice today and speculate from there.

True, but if it is a foot injury and it was enough to limit his participation, let's not try to be the tough guy and tell him to play with the pain (I don't think that is really Marvin's thing, but...).  There is depth at the WR position that we can use without altering the game day roster very much. 

Not to derail this thread, but I wonder if they would give Little the shot or Alford? 

I don't think it would matter too much, as Burkhead could play slot and Sanu could go back outside which he did when he went on his (very short) run last year. 
Reply/Quote
Is Little still on the roster? =X
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 01:47 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: I heard Marvin Jones was limited in practice Wednesday with a "foot injury."
Anyone else know anything about this. And since he missed all last season with a "foot injury," I'm more than a little concerned when I heard that.

just trying to give Rex a positive though hes afraid of Jones
Reply/Quote
He played the whole game Sunday right? If he played then I wouldn't worry.
Reply/Quote
Limited is the key to that sentence. Can't be too bad. With his history if it was he wouldn't be practicing. Far more concerned about the health (or lack thereof) of our secondary.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:37 AM)jj22 Wrote: Limited is the key to that sentence. Can't be too bad. With his history if it was he wouldn't be practicing. Far more concerned about the health (or lack thereof) of our secondary.

Jones has been nursing his groin injury... Iloka should be back
Reply/Quote
I thought I saw this happen. It came in the 4th qtr on a pass interference call I think. You could see him kind of grab his foot when he went down. The camera switched and that's all I saw. I didn't hear anything about it so I figured it was something minor. It does bring up the question about durability. If we can only keep Jones or Sanu after next year, who would it be. I doubt we can resign both. As much a Jones stretches the field, Mo has been relatively healthy and runs hard. With Alford waiting at the helm, I think I would place my money on Sanu.
Reply/Quote
(10-15-2015, 10:47 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Jones has been nursing his groin injury...  Iloka should be back

Hall and Dre are in bad shape too.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote