Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones refuses Cincinnati media call.

This does not seem to be the action of a guy who left the Bengals amicably. He must have been more malcontent with being here than he ever let on.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
He must still be in his feelings about that opening contract offer of 5 years 15m they put on the table.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

This does not seem to be the action of a guy who left the Bengals amicably. He must have been more malcontent with being here than he ever let on.

Last I checked he played for the Lions and wasn't required to speak to the Cincinnati media.

anything past that is just pure speculation on your part.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
Probably because he had better stats than AJ Green but didn’t make the Pro Bowl
Season ticket holder since 2003. Lifetime Bengals fan, through thick and thin.
Reply/Quote
Wah wah wah. We have bigger problems to worry about than a #2 WR. What's that? He's #1 in Detroit? Oh... lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:56 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Last I checked he played for the Lions and wasn't required to speak to the Cincinnati media.

anything past that is just pure speculation on your part.

He lived here and interacted with fans/teammates/media here for four years. He's not required to, but you'd expect him to if he didn't have any hard feelings left here.

Reply/Quote
Marvin Jones strikes me as an immature individual. He's always had something up his butt.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Meh, big deal. Hope Iloka takes his head off. (not really, just a solid chest shot will do)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Yet another player many people blame the organization for not re-signing, but likely never had any real intentions of coming back anyway. I think he planned on leaving after his rookie deal. I believe it was reported Marvin wanted to be a #1 receiver elsewhere. 

Plus, after the team kept Marvin Lewis following the embarassing playoff game against Pittsburgh, I don't blame him or Sanu for bolting. 
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:15 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He lived here and interacted with fans/teammates/media here for four years. He's not required to, but you'd expect him to if he didn't have any hard feelings left here.

Exactly, even Carson Palmer spoke with the locals after leaving.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I’m against him in a fantasy championship and have no doubt he/the shitty Bengals are going to bend me over.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Marvin Jones strikes me as an immature individual. He's always had something up his butt
Not quite sure where this is coming from...
Marvin always was a mature individual to my knowledge....
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 09:15 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Not quite sure where this is coming from...
Marvin always was a mature individual to my knowledge....

I was at a team practice in PBS a few years ago, an invitation only event for STHs, and we were all sequestered near the tunnel as the players came of the field headed into the locker room.  Some stopped to chat with us, some didn't.  Both Andy and Marvin seemed to be talking to people the most.  Not knowing the circumstances, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
What the hell could the local media here have done to him?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 09:45 PM)McC Wrote: What the hell could the local media here have done to him?

Maybe he owes Lap money.

You could also ask what has the local media ever done to Merv, apart from lobbing him 15 years worth of softballs and suffering his condescension, to warrant his acting like a complete asshat?  Sometimes people are just jerks.  Season after season after season after....
Reply/Quote
Of course he didn't want to talk to the media about the Bengals.

"Did you like Marvin as a head coach?"
"Who should be the new head coach of the Bengals?"

Those variety of questions would be the only ones he's asked. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Maybe he needed to go Christmas shopping instead? How you conclude he was a malcontent when he was here, from his turning down the call, is truly mystifying and absurd. Geno Atkins shuts down the press constantly, is he a malcontent?
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Of course he didn't want to talk to the media about the Bengals.

Along with "Marvin, if you were on this team, would you slit your wrists or just hang yourself in your locker?"  

Maybe he has PTSD for participating in too many of Lap's golf-course-quiet-because-we-lost post-game interviews.  Or, perhaps he's avoiding another one of Dan Hoard's mind-numbing "2:00 on the hotseat" segments.  **** it, Dan, I have no idea what my favorite Halloween costume was.  It was 20 ***** years ago!

I get it.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 10:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Of course he didn't want to talk to the media about the Bengals.

Bingo!

He probably didn't want to answer any Marvin questions.

How hard is that to comprehend?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote