Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Jones refuses Cincinnati media call.
(12-22-2017, 11:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It is pretty amusing he has played for both franchises that players have left/retired from early while stating that they just know they aren't going to win there.

Yeah. I don't really consider him a #1 receiver in Detroit. I consider Tate and Jones both as like 2A guys.

Jokes on him!  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
To be fair I've lived in places people said were great, but I hated living there and others that get a bad rap, but I felt comfortable there.. Hell, I grew up in Dayton..Now I'm in South Carolina. They couldn't be any different if they tried. My ex is from Detroit and moved to Dayton ON PURPOSE!  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Some of you crack me up. You act like Marvin has to live in a crack house on Eight Mile or some damn thing. Greater Cincinnati has some pretty crappy parts you wouldn't want to live in either, just like greater Detroit has some high rent places few of us could afford to live in. Guessing that's where Marvin is.

Another thing: people on this board go to great lengths acknowledging and complaining about how dysfunctional and downright ****** up this organization is, right? Hell, that's 2/3 of the content of this board. Then why is it that when a player actually has the good sense to get the hell away from here, and get a nice pay day to boot, he gets endlessly berated for having done so? Is it some sort of "I'm too stupid to leave so everyone including the players should have to stay here and suffer with me" philosophy?

I'm a fan, and I'm not going anywhere, but it's easy for me because I don't have to play for this obtuse old fool of an owner. So, I won't begrudge anyone who doesn't want to waste precious years of their career playing for this Mickey Mouse organization. Note the many "I hope AJ gets traded to a good team" posts of late to see I'm not alone in that thought.

Right now, 8-6 with at least a chance of a playoff berth, looks a hell of a lot better than the 5-8 shit Mikey's serving us. If Marvin's happy up there then I'm happy for him.

Rant over.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote:

This does not seem to be the action of a guy who left the Bengals amicably. He must have been more malcontent with being here than he ever let on.

Did Palmer ever want to talk about why he wanted to leave?  Was Palmer a malcontent? Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 06:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: He must still be in his feelings about that opening contract offer of 5 years 15m they put on the table.

The old Mikey Boy 50 cents on the dollar value offer.

We lost MJ & MS and replaced them with super saver replacements on the cheap and surprise-surprise, the offense went south.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he ain't gonna win shit in Detroit either. He just jumped to the Bengals of the NFC. They break as many hearts there as our boys do here.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-23-2017, 08:27 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah, he ain't gonna win shit in Detroit either.  He just jumped to the Bengals of the NFC.  They break as many hearts there as our boys do here.

So very true !

Detroit = Cincinnati = Cincinnati = Detroit 

They're damn near perfect mirror images of each other. Add in the fact that Detroit started out life as the Portsmouth, Ohio Spartans and ......................
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just don’t get the sour grapes over MLJ turning down the interview. The guy left town to be a #1. Maybe what we really should have done is trade AJ, make MLJ our #1, and find a way to bag a solid #2 in the process?

I don’t remember how the time timing played out with MLJ and Sanu leaved unfolded, but I’m not convinced we wouldn’t have been better off overall, with those two as our 1/2.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 07:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Marvin Jones strikes me as an immature individual. He's always had something up his butt.

I met him once in passing... He seemed like an alright dude.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I don't have any bad feelings towards Jones for leaving to be a #1, even though Cincy offered him the same money to stay and be a 2..... but I do get a certain sense of satisfaction about his old team knocking him out of the playoffs...... Tongue
Reply/Quote