Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis Explains Post Season Losses
Marvin Lewis Explains Post Season Losses

“The other team ended up with more points,” Lewis said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/16/marvin-lewis-doesnt-miss-the-nfl-may-not-watch-games/

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/media/audio-channel/615-zach-gelb-show-marvin-lewis-former-bengals-head-coach
Reply/Quote
"Lewis, who will work with former NFL coach Herm Edwards at Arizona State this year after giving TV a test drive, sounds like he won’t be paying much/any attention to pro football in 2019.

“I don’t know,” Lewis said. “I watched games because it had an affect on things I was doing and so forth and strategically and so forth if I had an opportunity to watch another game. But I’d probably spend more time watching golf on TV than football, and with my responsibilities here at ASU, I’ll probably be a little busy on Sundays.”"

Merv, we don't miss you either and so forth.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
“I got outcoached”
Reply/Quote
r/technicallythetruth
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:25 AM)OBX Bengal Wrote: Marvin Lewis Explains Post Season Losses

“The other team ended up with more points,” Lewis said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/06/16/marvin-lewis-doesnt-miss-the-nfl-may-not-watch-games/

https://cbssportsradio.radio.com/media/audio-channel/615-zach-gelb-show-marvin-lewis-former-bengals-head-coach

Sounds exactly like the lame ass sarcastic horse shit that arrogant POS would say.  This season will shine a giant light on Marv's failures.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 10:40 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: "Lewis, who will work with former NFL coach Herm Edwards at Arizona State this year after giving TV a test drive, sounds like he won’t be paying much/any attention to pro football in 2019.

“I don’t know,” Lewis said. “I watched games because it had an affect on things I was doing and so forth and strategically and so forth if I had an opportunity to watch another game. But I’d probably spend more time watching golf on TV than football, and with my responsibilities here at ASU, I’ll probably be a little busy on Sundays.”"

Merv, we don't miss you either and so forth.

His buddy had to toss him a bone with a token job in college cuz nobody in the NFL wanted anything to do with him and that's the real reason he won't be watching on Sundays.  Marvin Lewis in college football is about as much of a fish out of water situation as you'll ever find.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Two negative things about Marvin that he never improved on through out his stay as HC with us.

1. Clock management. He was just bad, bad, bad.
2. Lack of control with the team. Players, the more "star" power they had, the more they did as they wanted or he was ineffective at controlling them.

Bonus: Got lazy & developed a beer belly.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:21 AM)McC Wrote: Sounds exactly like the lame ass sarcastic horse shit that arrogant POS  would say.  This season will shine a giant light on Marv's failures.

Geez, does that mean ZT is in a position to be our only good HC in almost 30 years?  No pressure, kid.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:26 AM)McC Wrote: His buddy had to toss him a bone with a token job in college cuz nobody in the NFL wanted anything to do with him and that's the real reason he won't be watching on Sundays.  Marvin Lewis in college football is about as much of a fish out of water situation as you'll ever find.

Marvin Lewis coached 8 years in college.

He did well there.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:08 PM)BNSF Wrote: Marvin Lewis coached 8 years in college.

He did well there.

I wasn't the biggest Marvin Lewis fan, but I can see why a fanbase that has had zero legit success in almost 3 decades would be bitter.  Right now hopes are high that Marvin was THE reason we failed so hard for the past 3 years and underachieved before that.  Personally, I think it's a bit shaky to just assume ZT is going to go from QB coach to being the best HC we've had in 30 years the second he puts on the headset, but that's the nature of fandom.

It's like watching a long and disappointing marriage end.  We've divorced Marvin and we are hooking up with ZT and saying "Things are going to be much better with you, because everything that went wrong before was 100% the fault of my ex!"  

What a sexy simile that is!
Reply/Quote
Really, it just seems like Marvin wants (and probably needs) a break from the NFL for awhile. 
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wasn't the biggest Marvin Lewis fan, but I can see why a fanbase that has had zero legit success in almost 3 decades would be bitter.  Right now hopes are high that Marvin was THE reason we failed so hard for the past 3 years and underachieved before that.  Personally, I think it's a bit shaky to just assume ZT is going to go from QB coach to being the best HC we've had in 30 years the second he puts on the headset, but that's the nature of fandom.

It's like watching a long and disappointing marriage end.  We've divorced Marvin and we are hooking up with ZT and saying "Things are going to be much better with you, because everything that went wrong before was 100% the fault of my ex!"  

On the flip.....Sam Wyche was a QB coach that failed in college coaching at IU.....that turned out ok. :andy:

When I think of Zac Taylor, this is my hope.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Just glad he's gone. It was hard to find hope year after year towards the long drug out ending which should have ended in 2015. It got so tough even listening to his postgame was like drinking cyanide and dying a slow painful death.

Reply/Quote
Marvin went through the motions last year.
he had zero desire to improve as a coach or evolve.
his answers on Monday and Thursday were paint by numbers
and his typical stock responses.
his lack of ethusiam as the HC indirectly affected the players.
if a,guy like Cody Core dropped a,pass....well it didnt bother Core
cause he knew he had no fear of his snap count
decreasing.cause Marvin really did not have the mindset
to hold players accountable.
Lewis ultimately created a acceptance of losing
in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:21 AM)McC Wrote: Sounds exactly like the lame ass sarcastic horse shit that arrogant POS  would say.  This season will shine a giant light on Marv's failures.

Don't you criticize people for being negative?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:24 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Really, it just seems like Marvin wants (and probably needs) a break from the NFL for awhile. 

Honestly, I'm skeptical that MB fired him. I think Marvin really didn't want to come back too.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 11:37 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: 2. Lack of control with the team.  Players, the more "star" power they had, the more they did as they wanted or he was ineffective at controlling them.

Who do you mean?

Whit?  Green?  Andy? Carson?  Housh? Justin Smith?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I'm skeptical that MB fired him. I think Marvin really didn't want to come back too.

That's questionable in a lot of our minds I believe. Last few years Marvin's heart wasn't in it and it showed. Hell, it was like he was coaching to get fired and couldn't. 

Reply/Quote
When it didnt bother ML to lose to Pittsburgh
it was time to part ways

2 14 at home lifetime vs the Steelers.
unacceptable
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2019, 12:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I wasn't the biggest Marvin Lewis fan, but I can see why a fanbase that has had zero legit success in almost 3 decades would be bitter.  Right now hopes are high that Marvin was THE reason we failed so hard for the past 3 years and underachieved before that.  Personally, I think it's a bit shaky to just assume ZT is going to go from QB coach to being the best HC we've had in 30 years the second he puts on the headset, but that's the nature of fandom.

All the while trashing the ex every chance we get to anyone who will listen.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote