Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin Lewis Resigns from Arizona State - Linked to Bengals FO
Damn you Wes... you got me all excited and then dashed my hopes.

Kudos

Ass

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't have time to look at my calendar and figure things out like April Fools, but if it is a joke, I'm not losing any sleep over it. I think there could be value in a move like this if the Bengals actually did it, but I'm definitely in the camp of bringing in outside people when possible.
Reply/Quote
April Fool's Day is probably the most annoying day of the year.
Reply/Quote
Man, I wish
Reply/Quote
I fell for this sh$t.....never again. It’s all fake news from here on out
Reply/Quote
DAMN.... would have been the best move of the offseason.

Now im disappointed.
Reply/Quote
It's not an April Fools joke as far as I can tell. It was just confirmed by the Sun Devil's beat write, Mike Petemeyer. It's all over twitter, and there's numerous Blue Checkmark's supporting it.

Here's the latest update with some quotes from the AD and the financials: https://twitter.com/mikepetemeyer/status/13769426887931534565

PS It is totally an April Fool's post. I thought some people might get a kick out of it in between the 1,000,000 posts about Sewell and Chase. Sorry if anyone is annoyed too much by it, I did go out of my way to make it way too believable.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 03:51 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: April Fool's Day is probably the most annoying day of the year.

For me it's 14 days after April first...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I trust marvins talent evaluation way more than tobins. I’m all for it
Reply/Quote
Dang it
Reply/Quote
.... I hate you so much. So very very much
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The fact that this was a sound, savvy, wise, responsible, clear, concise plan coming from the FO should have let everyone know it was an April 1 joke.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If it was true.... I wouldn't be against it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I remember when I had half the board thinking we signed Mike Wallace to an offer sheet several years back.

The backlash was intense. Hilarious

Btw, you got me bro. That seemed like such a Bengals move. That said, I would've been happy about it this time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Very well done Wes. That was great and really well thought out!
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 02:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So this is story is unfolding on a few different places.  I'm been following it mainly on the Sun Devil's 247 message board.  There's quite a bit on Twitter and Reddit as well.

Marvin Lewis has resigned from Herm Edwards staff.  There's rumors this is because Marvin doesn't want to share coodinator duties.  But the big rumor is because he's looking at a huge pay increase by coming back here.  While the money hasn't been confimed, it looks like he will be returning.

As it stands right now, the news is that he'll be joining the front office in the role of Director of Personnel, spefically college scouting.  He'll be the "yin" to Tobin's "yang".  Tobin will oversee the pro side of scouting, Marvin will handle the college side of scouting, and they will both work together across both spectrums of the positions.  Essentially, between the two of them, they will take on the role of a GM.

I'll be pretty interested to hear what everyone thinks about this.  I know a lot of people have called for Marvin to work in the front office.  And obviously he's been looking to return to the NFL, but his interviews haven't resulted in a coaching gig.

I will say it's good to hear that we'll have another set of eyes on the draft.  And even know this isn't a traditional GM setup, I think between him and Tobin we can assume the family is stepping further and further away from play personnel.

Fwiw, if you have access to IHEARTRADIO online they're going to breaking down this news on Fox Sports 910 Phoenix at 3:00.  I'm assuming Mo Egger or Lance McAlister will pick it up as well on our side.

What do you guys think?  I'm kinda torn on this one.

I am torn, I like Marv, think he can build a good team but I don't want "the Linebacker whisperer" picking LB's...

Ahhh, got me with an April fools joke there Wes lol
Reply/Quote
I would've been happy had this been true.

Reply/Quote
It seems a little disrespectful to make a future Ring of Honor nominee the butt of a cheap April Fool’s joke.
Reply/Quote
(04-01-2021, 06:10 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: I would've been happy had this been true.

I think a lot of us would be. But reality is this is not a Bengals thing to do. I had zero doubt it was april fools lol. Been a fan too long I guess...
Reply/Quote