Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin Lewis and Bengals agree on contract extension
[Image: dis3.gif]

Reply/Quote
[Image: tumblr_o3e03uHgnZ1tsbf8jo1_500.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 04:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know why most people think the Bengals have the most talented roster. In previous years I don't think we had the best roster in the NFL. I think that we had a good enough roster to win a playoff game, but we didn't have the best.

These are the same people who insist that the Bengals '02 roster was loaded with All-Pro talent when they went 4-12.

The fans whoi vote for the pro Bowl teams don't think the bengals have the most talent.

The media that votes for the All-Pro team does not think we have the most talent.

The NFL players who vote for the top 100 players in the league don't think we have the most talent.

The only people who claim we have the most talent ar the ones who want to insulty our coaches.
Reply/Quote
BTW I am opposed to the extension.

I think people here may have had a valid argument for Marvin to get fired after the '10 season.  And if we lay another egg like we did in the '13 playoffs I will be in favor of getting a new coach.  But while I don't think Marvin deserves to get fired for what happened in '15 I don't think he earned an extension either.
Reply/Quote
Honestly I think Marvin is getting tired of the job himself, but i think he has plans past coaching and is trying to set himself out for the next phase in his career. The Hue/Marvin succession plan would have been a good way to do that.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
In other news, the playoff drought has been extended through 2017 in Cincinnati

[Image: drought.jpg]
Reply/Quote
You gotta be ffffing kidding me
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 01:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown extended a HC who can't get a single playoff win out of one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and it's the media that looks like fools?  Come again?

MEDIA:  This just in, unnamed sources say Mike Brown might FINALLY have gotten the message everyone else has gotten years ago and might FINALLY be on to the notion that Marvin Lewis might be a reason the Bengals are setting new records for underachieving!

MIKE BROWN:  Oh yea?  I'll show you!  Marvin Lewis FOREVER!!! Ha, that'll show those idiots who be smart!

(04-10-2016, 04:06 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I don't know why most people think the Bengals have the most talented roster. In previous years I don't think we had the best roster in the NFL. I think that we had a good enough roster to win a playoff game, but we didn't have the best.

Looks to me like he said ONE of the most talented rosters, not the most. Seems like a very accurate statement to me and even most analysts have agreed with that. There is no reason Marvin shouldn't have been able to win a single playoff game, his teams continually come out of the gate flat in the playoffs. Maybe it has something to do with his game planning and hatred of emotion from him or his players.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 01:29 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: his teams continually come out of the gate flat in the playoffs. 

Not in '05 and '13.  We lead in the first half of both those games.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 01:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not in '05 and '13.  We lead in the first half of both those games.

Didn't score in the first 24 mins of the Chargers game and were down 7-0 until that point and only took the lead on a FG as the first half expired, so no.

'05 game was better out of the gate but that's the outlier 
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: These are the same people who insist that the Bengals '03 roster was loaded with All-Pro talent when they went 4-12.

The fans whoi vote for the pro Bowl teams don't think the bengals have the most talent.

The media that votes for the All-Pro team does not think we have the most talent.

The NFL players who vote for the top 100 players in the league don't think we have the most talent.

The only people who claim we have the most talent ar the ones who want to insulty our coaches.

It's anti small market Bengals bias. Why isn't Kenny and Riley in the HOF? I mean, haven't you started threads about this? Most casual fans and i would guess a lot of media only know the Bengals from PT and PO performance. They don't watch the other games and in regards to media that may actually watch my guess is they would pick a lesser player from a more popular team over a Bengals player. Again, bias, and the past Pitt debacle shined a big bright light on it. Where is the media outrage over those 4 bad calls? If that were reversed they would still be talking about how the Steelers got screwed and how the NFL needed to get its ***** act together. There would have been a thousand articles! We didn't get one breaking down the 4 bad calls from any major outlet and how it impacted the game. No, instead we got articles about how dirty our team and our fans are! And...that sentiment is still being played out to this day! "They lost because of Burfict and Jones, Burfict and Jones did it, dirty dirty Burfict and Jones, Burfict, Jones, Bad." Beating it into everyone's ***** skulls all the while forgetting all about Hills fumble and Burficts heroics before the hit. Yet on the side, the fine print if you will reads: "The Bryant catch wasn't a catch" Shazier should have been flagged" "Williams penalty shouldn't have been a penalty" "Porter should have been flagged". Whatever

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 01:47 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Mike Brown extended a HC who can't get a single playoff win out of one of the most talented rosters in the NFL and it's the media that looks like fools?  Come again?

MEDIA:  This just in, unnamed sources say Mike Brown might FINALLY have gotten the message everyone else has gotten years ago and might FINALLY be on to the notion that Marvin Lewis might be a reason the Bengals are setting new records for underachieving!

MIKE BROWN:  Oh yea?  I'll show you!  Marvin Lewis FOREVER!!! Ha, that'll show those idiots who be smart!

I thought it was funny. Mellow

I also think it's funny how dramatic some people are around the forums too. Mike can still fire him whenever he wants. Clearly the media pissed Mike off and rightfully so by pulling B.S. out of their ass on a slow news day to get clicks so Mike responded and made them look like fools.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 05:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I thought it was funny. Mellow

I also think it's funny how dramatic some people are around the forums too. Mike can still fire him whenever he wants. Clearly the media pissed Mike off and rightfully so by pulling B.S. out of their ass on a slow news day to get clicks so Mike responded and made them look like fools.

Wait, so according to this 'theory'...an NFL owner gave an extension to a HC who just established a stand alone, record setting level of playoff futility...purely as a spiteful reaction to a story that originated from Bleacher Report (of all places)...and he's the one who made them look like fools?  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 01:40 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Didn't score in the first 24 mins of the Chargers game and were down 7-0 until that point and only took the lead on a FG as the first half expired, so no.

'05 game was better out of the gate but that's the outlier 

We haven't exactly been stellar in the first half of playoff games, but we're actually far worse in 2nd halves, where we average something ridiculous like 1.7 points. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 06:31 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We haven't exactly been stellar in the first half of playoff games, but we're actually far worse in 2nd halves, where we average something ridiculous like 1.7 points. 

You know what that spells for Marvin Lewis buddy? 

E-X-T-E-N-S-I-O-N!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:11 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Dear god smh not surprising tho Mikey never liked a lame duck coach

Because making sure Marvin WASN'T a lame duck has really fixed his playoff problems. Ninja

Maybe it's what he needs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 07:03 PM)Gohards Wrote: Supposedly the contract will run through 2017.

So growing impatient= contract extension..,. Hmm

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000651626/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-agree-to-extension

#%#*@#@%^%&^%!!! Sick I was afraid of that.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 10:39 AM)fredtoast Wrote: BTW I am opposed tot he extension.

Have you been hitting the sauce, or shall I say it in your words... Havey ou bee hittingt he sauce?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 05:08 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: I thought it was funny. Mellow

You really, honestly believe Mike Brown is going to pay someone $3-5 million (not sure how much Marvin makes) to go away in the final year of the contract?  This is the guy who actually holds business lunches at Wendy's.  No, Marvin will be here at least through 2017.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 08:01 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Because making sure Marvin WASN'T a lame duck has really fixed his playoff problems. Ninja

Maybe it's what he needs.

Yep. Only time he played on a lame duck contract is 2010 I believe. 

You would think last four contracts (one year deals) would be the wakeup call he needs. It's like saying we like you, but not really. Kinda. A little. You do ok. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote