Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis has cookouts at his house because he is nice
Marvin Lewis is coming to my cookout this summer! Because he is nice and I am nice.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You think Marvin serves hotdogs at his cookouts?

Only the best.

[Image: carson-palmer-hot-dogs_original_crop_nor...h=363&q=75]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Only the best.

Rep.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 03:13 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: What? WHATTT???? The suspense is killing me!

For those playing at home that didn't answer "A playoff win!" then you just have not been paying attention. :)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:05 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Only the best.

Carson Palmer does not have cookouts at his house. He is not nice and that is the reason he deep throats hot dogs. 

And on a serious note, what was he thinking with this? I didn't understand then and I don't understand now.

Reply/Quote
If Marvin burns food, he actually puts it inside a grocery bag to take to the homeless shelter later on that day. He doesn't burn food often though (think once in a lifetime), nice people have enough cookouts for others that they are experts at grilling.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:20 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If Marvin burns food, he actually puts it inside a grocery bag to take to the homeless shelter later on that day. He doesn't burn food often though (think once in a lifetime), nice people have enough cookouts for others that they are experts at grilling.

Marvin took his niceness to a new level I heard he invited the homeless shelter to the cookout!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Carson Palmer does not have cookouts at his house. He is not nice and that is the reason he deep throats hot dogs. 

And on a serious note, what was he thinking with this? I didn't understand then and I don't understand now.

Palmer used to have the team Christmas party at his house since Mike Brown didn't toss one for the players.  Then again, I guess when you're making millions you don't need your zillionaire boss to throw a party for you, eh?

On a lighter note, I heard Marvin's cookouts start off great but show a decided lack of adjustments after the entrees are served and it comes time to follow-up. But hey, if you criticize Marvin's cookouts you're free to go to Bruce Costet's, right? Remember how bad those were?
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Palmer used to have the team Christmas party at his house since Mike Brown didn't toss one for the players.  Then again, I guess when you're making millions you don't need your zillionaire boss to throw a party for you, eh?

He was probably putting pieces of poop in everyone's stockings too.

Reply/Quote
well done to everyone posting on this thread.  I've been busting out laughing reading some of these witty responses.  And God no....no Coslet cookouts. Or Shula cookouts.  Bastards. :)
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 12:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You think Marvin serves hotdogs at his cookouts?

If he does I wonder how many times Carl Pickens has crashed the cookouts?

CP: Hey coach! I'm here!
ML: Carl Pickens? You were long gone before I was coach here, why are you here?
CP: Two words...Hot Dogs
ML: ...fine, just don't talk to my current WR group too much, they're not cynical yet. 

Context: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d82ac7627/Films-Encore-Carl-Pickens-pre-game-meal
Reply/Quote
Little known fact, he gets all of his cookout meat from ickey Woods

[Image: ickey-geico-commercials.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 06:59 PM)BengalintheCbus Wrote: well done to everyone posting on this thread.  I've been busting out laughing reading some of these witty responses.  And God no....no Coslet cookouts. Or Shula cookouts.  Bastards. :)

Nah, a Shula cookout would be cool. He'd bring a lot of overpriced steaks from his restaurant. Cripes, at least he'd get that right. Just make sure you thank him and twist his cap while doing so.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Corey surely would have taken on the grilling of those nice Marvin dogs with a smile on his face.

J-Joe even brought his own Gatorade when he was invited. It was so nice.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:21 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Corey surely would have taken on the grilling of those nice Marvin dogs with a smile on his face.

J-Joe even brought his own Gatorade when he was invited.  It was so nice.

Nah, Dillon wouldn't of messed with hot dogs, he'd 100% be FLIPPIN' BURGERS!
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 05:16 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Carson Palmer does not have cookouts at his house. He is not nice and that is the reason he deep throats hot dogs. 

What do you mean what was he thinking?  It's not like he came up with the ad campaign and organized the photo shoot. 

He was thinking "Hey, this company me offered me a bunch of money and I'm going to show up and do whatever they ask."  Just like every other one of the thousands of celebrity endorsement deals.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 08:12 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Nah, a Shula cookout would be cool.  He'd bring a lot of overpriced steaks from his restaurant.  Cripes, at least he'd get that right.  Just make sure you thank him and twist his cap while doing so.

Dave Shula actually seems like a really good dude.  He was thrown into a position that he had no business being in, with no help whatsoever. 

You give a young ST coordinator a terrible roster, with zero control and the world's worst GM, bottom of the barrel resources and you don't even him allow to assemble his own staff, bad things are going to happen.

Maybe it's just time that's soften my stance but I feel like this guy gets way too much blame and is unfairly the butt of too many jokes.  Bruce Coslet, who was proven and terrific offensive mind, and Dick Lebeau, who is one of the greatest defensive minds the game has ever seen, faired no better.  And at least they were gifted a few guys like Cory Dillon and Carl Pickens.  Dave Shula had even less to work with.

Leave Davey and his steakhouses alone!!!!

[Image: leave-britney-alone.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Marvin is nice.......Marvin drives a comfortable car.........the car he drives is comfortable

Marvin has nice cookouts...........Marvin wears nice shoes to the cookouts.........Paul Alexander eats Marvins nice food
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:20 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What do you mean what was he thinking?  It's not like he came up with the ad campaign and organized the photo shoot. 

He was thinking "Hey, this company me offered me a bunch of money and I'm going to show up and do whatever they ask."  Just like every other one of the thousands of celebrity endorsement deals.
Usually companies try to incorporate the celebrity's personality and sense of humor into the ad. Peyton Manning,marshawn lynch, carson Palmer......Just saying......

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2016, 11:50 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Usually companies try to incorporate the celebrity's personality and sense of humor into the ad. Peyton Manning,marshawn lynch, carson Palmer......Just saying......

Hard to do that in a print ad. 

Carson thew the deep ball well.  John Morrel made bun length hot dogs.  So, like a lot of other cooperate advertising, someone came up with a pretty vanilla, campaign.  Long ball QB endorsed longer hot dogs.  Then they were even so witty that they made the mustard on the hot dog look like laces.

It's all pretty simple, lower scale advertising.  Morrell and Carson can't really be all that concerned with the heathens that make up message boards immediately make it in to a dick joke. 

The guys is just eating a hot dog.  It's not like they put him in a gimp outfit and a juggs machine fire weiners into his mouth. Nervous
Reply/Quote