Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. So why is he still coaching the Bengals?
(11-16-2017, 08:15 PM)Wyche Wrote: Personally....I think he fired Wyche because they butted heads over personnel.  He's the outlier.

The Wyche thing was a crazy situation for sure.

After their meeting following the end of the season, Sam said he was fired - "I was simply fired by Mike Brown at a meeting today."

Mike said that Sam quit, to which Sam responded -  "I have no idea why the Bengals have chosen to announce this as my decision to leave."

Sam was still owed around 1m on his contract, and him and Mike later came to a settlement.

Remember to, that during his final season, Sam said he had better things to do and there was "golf to be played and tennis to be served up" among other comments that didn't sit well with some, like Reggie Williams:

"I don't think there was any question that some Bengals felt Sam was becoming too sidetracked," Williams said. "His comments about winning startled me, because it was not the Sam Wyche I knew. Coaches demand that their players be focused and say that when your mind wanders you hurt your chances to win. I thought the comments about winning was a psychological ploy for his team, at first, and then I thought maybe he was losing some of his zest; he operates with such an emotional overload."

Mike was also critical of Sam's sideline conduct, following instances of a penalty for arguing with an official on the field and a heated argument with Jim Anderson during MNF.

It seemed like Mike wanted to move on and choose his own guy, and Sam was just burn out and needing a change.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 08:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Wyche thing was a crazy situation for sure.

After their meeting following the end of the season, Sam said he was fired - "I was simply fired by Mike Brown at a meeting today."

Mike said that Sam quit, to which Sam responded -  "I have no idea why the Bengals have chosen to announce this as my decision to leave."

Sam was still owed around 1m on his contract, and him and Mike later came to a settlement.

Remember to, that during his final season, Sam said he had better things to do and there was "golf to be played and tennis to be served up" among other comments that didn't sit well with some, like Reggie Williams:

"I don't think there was any question that some Bengals felt Sam was becoming too sidetracked," Williams said. "His comments about winning startled me, because it was not the Sam Wyche I knew. Coaches demand that their players be focused and say that when your mind wanders you hurt your chances to win. I thought the comments about winning was a psychological ploy for his team, at first, and then I thought maybe he was losing some of his zest ; he operates with such an emotional overload."

Mike was also critical of Sam's sideline conduct, following instances of a penalty for arguing with an official on the field and a heated argument with Jim Anderson during MNF.

It seemed like Mike wanted to move on and choose his own guy, and Sam was just burn out and needing a change.

Huh... Sounds a lot like Marv the past several years  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: With the appreciation of an NFL franchise over the years and profit sharing, it's really not that hard. 

They had enough money in the beginning to get their foot in the door and shrewdly gobbled up all the shares...and here we(they) sit in 2017, rolling in the dough because they made smart plays over the years.

To bad they don't care about making smart plays on the field. 

One thing you cannot knock MB for is finances/business acumen. Even if his desire to win is that of getting kicked in the testicles, the man knows how to run his business, and run it well. But yeah, the last sentence is a mic drop.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 09:34 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: One thing you cannot knock MB for is finances/business acumen. Even if his desire to win is that of getting kicked in the testicles, the man knows how to run his business, and run it well. But yeah, the last sentence is a mic drop.

Exhibit A  Nervous
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 02:43 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He most certainly is, i am not arguing that at all. Just saying that I think he could of done better than 0-7 and all those other awful stats. 

And you do remember back when he didn't want to sign unless he got a practice facility right? he's fought for it, but of course lost. Again, not saying he's a GOAT or HOFer just that MB has tied one hand behind his back. He hasn't gave his HC every opportunity to win, which he knows because he keeps re-upping him. Here's what you get to win, take it our leave it. 

Agreed. It starts and ends with ownership as they hire the coaches. Marvin has made millions here over the years.

Coughlin reportedly had concerns about coming here in regards to if he could win. It sounded like he wanted to hire a GM.
Reply/Quote