Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis shows how much he hates to have fun
The NFL is finally softening the celebration rule, Marvin Lewis isn't happy with it though, what a fun guy........(not)

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26900/marvin-lewis-on-new-celebration-rule-not-a-good-example-for-young-people
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Marvin may hate it, but he let Chad do them all the time. I doubt he complains to the players as long as they don't draw a penalty.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2017, 04:59 PM)Trademark Wrote: The NFL is finally softening the celebration rule, Marvin Lewis isn't happy with it though, what a fun guy........(not)

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26900/marvin-lewis-on-new-celebration-rule-not-a-good-example-for-young-people

Marvin is wearing thin on me.

I appreciate how he turned this franchise around, but fans hated the no celebration rule.

Also, I'm just getting tired of his lack of coaching ability.

I blame him for the Hill fumble because you either take a knee or bring in a back who doesn't fumble since Gio was hurt.

With the skill we have on this team, it's being wasted with Marvin.

It should be playoff win or gone this year.
Reply/Quote
Marv... Just shut the f*** up. You think celebrating a touchdown is bad for the youth of America yet you embrace players like Pacman and Mixon with open arms. How the hell are your priorities set up? Hypocritical moron.
Reply/Quote
Defends Adam Jones.

Drafts Joe Mixon.

Complains that TD celebrations will set a bad example for children.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
For as long as Marvin's been around. He seems to walk right in to awkward statements. Opening himself up for criticism or looking like he's on the wrong end of an issue (concussions).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Wow. I didn't think it was possible to hate having Marv coach my favorite anymore, but I stand corrected.
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis' career as a HC sets a bad example for children. Accountability matters, kids. Don't count on being a "lucky Marv."
Reply/Quote
If Marvin hates it that bad? Well, don't let the other team score so many F***ing points! Stop playing prevent and make keeping the opponent from scoring your #1 PRIORITY. Annnnnnndddddd, no more giggles. It pisses everybody off and is bad for the youth. Double Douchebag!

Reply/Quote
LOL

Somehow drafting Joe Mixon and his opinion on player celebrations go hand and hand.

I expected better from Bengals fans than to eat up the narrative sites like PFT have been pushing since we have drafted Mixon. In essence everything we do now somehow circles back around to Mixon and Mixon = bad.

No please continue on I'm sure you guys love watching Antonio Brown dry hump a pole and twerk.
Reply/Quote
It's just insane how out of control the media is anymore. It's not just MSM but NFL, ESPN etc. Mixon is the Trump of the NFL right now. You know he punched a girl? Yea I'm pretty sure I heard that in the news months ago, but the media refuses to let it go because they don't "report" the news anymore, they force feed everyone the same regurgitated BS over and over not so you know, but so you think like they want you too. It's the same with Trump. They hate him so they want everyone to hate him.

Not sure where the hell I was going with that but as far as the celebration reversal, I think it's kinda hypocritical for the NFL to have such a strong stance in something only to do a complete 360 when ratings are down. If they want to improve the "integrity" of the game, bring actual football back. Tired of waiting for a ref to signal a catch or a TD (even though we all know what we saw) and they still get it wrong. Wish hey would focus on better technology to keep players safe so the game could be played like we all remember. I don't give a shit what a player does once they score, it's what bogus calls are being made that lead up to the TD that is destroying this game.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2017, 11:12 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: LOL

Somehow drafting Joe Mixon and his opinion on player celebrations go hand and hand.

I expected better from Bengals fans than to eat up the narrative sites like PFT have been pushing since we have drafted Mixon. In essence everything we do now somehow circles back around to Mixon and Mixon = bad.

No please continue on I'm sure you guys love watching Antonio Brown dry hump a pole and twerk.

I've defended (tasteful) celebrating in the past. That said, I think the rules were fine as is. Tasteful celebrating was already legal, so I'm not sure why the need to make rules more lax.

The Steeler hater in me wants to say that it's one heck of a coincidence that Antonio Brown's celebrations were such a huge issue last year and now Goodell has had a sudden change of heart. The Rooneys have a lot of pull. Can't help but wonder if Goodell threw them a bone to help out their star WR.

...and yes...linking this to Mixon was predictable coming from PFT. I guess Marv isn't allowed to comment on any other issues from here on.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm 100% with Marvin on this one. I remember the days of the whole offense lining up and celebrating in stupid ways in the end zone, and was fairly embarrassed when Johnson did his CPR on the ball, etc. Something wrong with spiking the ball and chest bumping on the way to the bench? Or how about just handing the ball to the ref like Gio or AJ. I can only imagine what Hill is spending him time planning on doing. The NFL may have changed the rules, but that is not going to keep players from looking like idiots prancing around in the end zone. And don't kid yourself and think this doesn't filter down into youth sports. 
Reply/Quote
Celebrate is fine, but if and when they start having musicals in the end zone time to put an end to it again.
Reply/Quote
This coming from a guy who drafted a woman puncher and defends Adam Jones for telling an officer to kill himself.

But yeah, Marvin. Touchdown dances are setting a bad example for young people....
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2017, 11:12 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: LOL

They don't go hand in hand. His stance on player celebrations completely contradicts everything else about him. That's why this entire thing is so pathetically ironic.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm 100% with Marvin on this one. I remember the days of the whole offense lining up and celebrating in stupid ways in the end zone, and was fairly embarrassed when Johnson did his CPR on the ball, etc. Something wrong with spiking the ball and chest bumping on the way to the bench? Or how about just handing the ball to the ref like Gio or AJ. I can only imagine what Hill is spending him time planning on doing. The NFL may have changed the rules, but that is not going to keep players from looking like idiots prancing around in the end zone. And don't kid yourself and think this doesn't filter down into youth sports. 

There's nothing wrong with what Johnson did. It's called having fun and being entertaining.....This post is nonsense
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 09:58 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: They don't go hand in hand. His stance on player celebrations completely contradicts everything else about him. That's why this entire thing is so pathetically ironic.

Okay so how is it "pathetically ironic" then? The only reason why people are making an issue out of it because they are eating up the narrative sports media is pushing that somehow drafting Joe Mixon and Marvin's opinion on something totally unrelated go hand in hand.

So no more opinions for Marvin. Once the Bengal drafted Joe Mixon he lost that right. He also lost the right to change his opinion too. Everyone just wants him to stay the same while crying about it. Mellow

Anything to get a free whack at Marvin. He's a bad bad man. LOL
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:07 AM)TKUHL Wrote: It's just insane how out of control the media is anymore. It's not just MSM but NFL, ESPN etc. Mixon is the Trump of the NFL right now. You know he punched a girl? Yea I'm pretty sure I heard that in the news months ago, but the media refuses to let it go because they don't "report" the news anymore, they force feed everyone the same regurgitated BS over and over not so you know, but so you think like they want you too. It's the same with Trump. They hate him so they want everyone to hate him.

Not sure where the hell I was going with that but as far as the celebration reversal, I think it's kinda hypocritical for the NFL to have such a strong stance in something only to do a complete 360 when ratings are down. If they want to improve the "integrity" of the game, bring actual football back. Tired of waiting for a ref to signal a catch or a TD (even though we all know what we saw) and they still get it wrong. Wish hey would focus on better technology to keep players safe so the game could be played like we all remember. I don't give a shit what a player does once they score, it's what bogus calls are being made that lead up to the TD that is destroying this game.

Not going to get into it in Jungle Noise. But no not similar at all. Trump has his own words and actions to answer for and admits no wrong. Mixon has admitted wrong doing and has tried to improve his image/life ever since.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 11:20 AM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Okay so how is it "pathetically ironic" then? The only reason why people are making an issue out of it because they are eating up the narrative sports media is pushing that somehow drafting Joe Mixon and Marvin's opinion on something totally unrelated go hand in hand.

So no more opinions for Marvin. Once the Bengal drafted Joe Mixon he lost that right. He also lost the right to change his opinion too. Everyone just wants him to stay the same while crying about it. Mellow

Anything to get a free whack at Marvin. He's a bad bad man. LOL

Marvin Lewis on Pacmans action during his recent arrest: "Other than his language, what did he do wrong?"

Marvin Lewis on Touchdown celebrations: "This sets a bad example for young people"

talking to a law enforcement officer, media person and teenager who rear-ended him like they're scum is not as bad as celebrating a touchdown. Does that really seem logical to you?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote