Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis shows how much he hates to have fun
(05-24-2017, 12:14 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Marvin Lewis on Pacmans action during his recent arrest: "Other than his language, what did he do wrong?"

Marvin Lewis on Touchdown celebrations: "This sets a bad example for young people"

talking to a law enforcement officer, media person and teenager who rear-ended him like they're scum is not as bad as celebrating a touchdown. Does that really seem logical to you?

So basically, Pac Man could make Marvin Proud if he can intercept a pass, score a TD and then NOT celebrate but instead Cuss like a sailor into the Cameras, then give the ball to a kid in the stands while cussing out that kid.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
How is this news? A reporter reaches for a story and ties the Bengals to a young man's past transgression to celebrating after scoring a TD....
Actually I think the Bengals set a great example by drafting Mixon. "You're were young and everyone knows you made a very bad decision, you can turn your life around"....
Reply/Quote
Can one of you guys squealing about how Marvin has no problem with Adam's language please post a link to support that claim? Everything have read indicates that Marvin did not like his language and wants him to work on it.

Or is this another case of peoplewho want to hate ignoring the truth in order to build a strawmen to knock down
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Can one of you guys squealing about how Marvin has no problem with Adam's language please post a link to support that claim?  Everything have read indicates that Marvin did not like his language and wants him to work on it.

Or is this another case of peoplewho want to hate ignoring the truth in order to build a strawmen to knock down

It's the fact that he downplayed that situation, while making something as meaningless as celebrating a TD into something that will set a bad example for the kids. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/marvin-lewis-on-adam-jones-other-than-his-language-what-did-he-do/
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually I think the Bengals set a great example by drafting Mixon. "You're were young and everyone knows you made a very bad decision, you can turn your life around"....

That is not the way it works with some people.  They think forgiveness is for losers and anyone who takes a mistake as a teenager should be denied the right to have a job for the rest of his lives.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's the fact that he downplayed that situation, while making something as meaningless as celebrating a TD into something that will set a bad example for the kids. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/29/marvin-lewis-on-adam-jones-other-than-his-language-what-did-he-do/

So Marvin never said anything? We are judging by his action? The only person I heard in Adams corner was Mike Brown. Like in the Chris Henry case, where Marvin didn't want him back and Mike over ruled him and brought him back...
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:47 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's the fact that he downplayed that situation, while making something as meaningless as celebrating a TD into something that will set a bad example for the kids. 

He did not downplay anything.  He just agreed that Adam's language was bad and other than that he did nothing wrong. 

Marvin had to clear that up because therehad been so many lies told about Adam. Even among the members here there were people claiming that Adam assaulted someone, threatened to kill one police officer, and spit on another one.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He did not downplay anything.  He just agreed that Adam's language was bad and other than that he did nothing wrong. 

Marvin had to clear that up because therehad been so many lies told about Adam. Even among the members here there were people claiming that Adam assaulted someone, threatened to kill one police officer, and spit on another one.

That's the disconnect. Getting a "bogus" arrest charge is ridiculous. I get it. But just because someone did something wrong doesn't mean you take matters into your own hands and go off the deep end - and do it 3 more time after the fact. 

He wants to talk about setting bad examples for kids, but overlooks the fact that's actually what Pacman has been doing all this off-season but fails to hold that person to that same level of accountability to the kids. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:29 PM)depthchart Wrote: So basically, Pac Man could make Marvin Proud if he can intercept a pass, score a TD and then NOT celebrate but instead Cuss like a sailor into the Cameras, then give the ball to a kid in the stands while cussing out that kid.  Tongue

Pretty much.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: That's the disconnect. Getting a "bogus" arrest charge is ridiculous. I get it. But just because someone did something wrong doesn't mean you take matters into your own hands and go off the deep end - and do it 3 more time after the fact. 

He wants to talk about setting bad examples for kids, but overlooks the fact that's actually what Pacman has been doing all this off-season but fails to hold that person to that same level of accountability to the kids. 

It's really pretty easy to associate what you are saying....it baffles me that some cannot see it.  No one is saying Jones assaulted someone, or that Mixon hasn't turned a new leaf.  It's just kind of funny, and maybe hypocritical, that you have two guys on your team that have set (and one continues to set) HORRIBLE examples for kids, and yet you are worried about said kids and TD celebrations. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 11:09 AM)Trademark Wrote: There's nothing wrong with what Johnson did. It's called having fun and being entertaining.....This post is nonsense

And that's your opinion....
Reply/Quote
There may be a lot of reasons to knock Marvin Lewis, but this isn't one if them. I've heard this discussion three different times today. It's really nothing more than guys taking shots at the Bengals. They are insinuating that they are a team of criminals.

I'm a grown ass man, and prefer AJ Green's demeanor to Chad Johnson's. I also find it stupid for an individual to celebrate a TD unless he snapped the ball to himself before throwing to himself... All the while blocking for himself.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:15 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  but overlooks the fact that's actually what Pacman has been doing all this off-season

Link please?

I don't know how you can claim Marvin has "overlooked" anything when in fact he has made comments about how Pac has to work on the language and his public persona.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:20 PM)Wyche Wrote:   It's just kind of funny, and maybe hypocritical, that you have two guys on your team that have set (and one continues to set) HORRIBLE examples for kids, and yet you are worried about said kids and TD celebrations. Mellow

Every team in the league has a guy or two or three that has done someything that would be a bad example for kids.  So based on your logic that means it is okay for the entire team to do an organized twerk after every first down.  

In fact it means that not one single team in the entire league can ever be critical of anything that would be a bad example to kids ever again.  As long as any team has any player who has ever been in trouble they can not speak about anything else without being called "hypocrits".

No team can have any rules about fan behavior at games because they would be "hypocrits".  Cursing and swearing and all types of behavior has to be allowed because if any team tries to speak out against it they are ":hypocrits".

Sorry, but I find that argument ridiculous and out of touch with reality.  Acting like the Bengals are the only team in the league that has a player who has ever been introuble is just absurd.  And acting like no team with any player who has ever been ion trouble is ever allowed to speak out against anything else that could be a bad example to kids without being labled "hypocrit" is just as crazy.
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 01:20 PM)Wyche Wrote: It's really pretty easy to associate what you are saying....it baffles me that some cannot see it.  No one is saying Jones assaulted someone, or that Mixon hasn't turned a new leaf.  It's just kind of funny, and maybe hypocritical, that you have two guys on your team that have set (and one continues to set) HORRIBLE examples for kids, and yet you are worried about said kids and TD celebrations. Mellow

It may be that Marvin thinks the TD celebrations AND Pac Man cussing like a Sailor are BOTH bad examples for kids.
Marvin brings up the kids over the TD celebrations but doesn't mention kids when it comes to Pac Man.

Why?

Likely because Marvin knows that he has to work with Pac Man over the coming months and does not want to call him out too aggressively so as not to cause a Rift between himself & Pac Man. He calls him out in a Nicer way by leaving out his influence on kids in order to keep his Locker Room relationship with Pac Man on a better level. Saying he needs to "work on" his language won't Honk Pac Man off but saying that he is setting a bad example for kids may Honk him off. At the end of the day, Marvin may just want a good relationship with Pac Man so that Pac Man will work better with the Coaching Staff and not have Pac Man upset over any kid related comments.
Reply/Quote
Video 
(05-24-2017, 09:45 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: Celebrate is fine, but if and when they start having musicals in the end zone time to put an end to it again.  
Too late.  Tom Brady and The Patriots, as usual, has beaten everyone to it:
https://youtu.be/u5o8J7r72WU
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 09:12 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Every team in the league has a guy or two or three that has done someything that would be a bad example for kids.  So based on your logic that means it is okay for the entire team to do an organized twerk after every first down.  

In fact it means that not one single team in the entire league can ever be critical of anything that would be a bad example to kids ever again.  As long as any team has any player who has ever been in trouble they can not speak about anything else without being called "hypocrits".

No team can have any rules about fan behavior at games because they would be "hypocrits".  Cursing and swearing and all types of behavior has to be allowed because if any team tries to speak out against it they are ":hypocrits".

Sorry, but I find that argument ridiculous and out of touch with reality.  Acting like the Bengals are the only team in the league that has a player who has ever been introuble is just absurd.  And acting like no team with any player who has ever been ion trouble is ever allowed to speak out against anything else that could be a bad example to kids without being labled "hypocrit" is just as crazy.

TLDR, was simply addressing the logic.  I mean, he could have worded it differently....if dancing in the end zone is a bad example, then so is keeping guys that get into trouble with the law, and drafting a guy that knocked the shit out of a woman.  Poor word choice, it's really that simple. I may have missed it, did any of the other 31 coaches call it a bad example for children?

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2017, 10:54 AM)depthchart Wrote: It may be that Marvin thinks the TD celebrations AND Pac Man cussing like a Sailor are BOTH bad examples for kids.
Marvin brings up the kids over the TD celebrations but doesn't mention kids when it comes to Pac Man.

Why?

Likely because Marvin knows that he has to work with Pac Man over the coming months and does not want to call him out too aggressively so as not to cause a Rift between himself & Pac Man. He calls him out in a Nicer way by leaving out his influence on kids in order to keep his Locker Room relationship with Pac Man on a better level. Saying he needs to "work on" his language won't Honk Pac Man off but saying that he is setting a bad example for kids may Honk him off. At the end of the day, Marvin may just want a good relationship with Pac Man so that Pac Man will work better with the Coaching Staff and not have Pac Man upset over any kid related comments.

Sure, see the above post.  I'm not "outraged", I just find it a poor word choice, and really quite comical.  My memory ain't what it used to be, but I don't recall him calling Ochocinco a bad influence on kids either.  Practice what you preach, or don't preach it. LOL

Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 12:34 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Actually I think the Bengals set a great example by drafting Mixon. "You're were young and everyone knows you made a very bad decision, you can turn your life around"....

..."unless he was on the Steelers, in which case, I don't mean one word I just wrote."

(There, I finished your sentence for you...no need to thank me)
Reply/Quote
(05-24-2017, 08:34 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm 100% with Marvin on this one. I remember the days of the whole offense lining up and celebrating in stupid ways in the end zone, and was fairly embarrassed when Johnson did his CPR on the ball, etc. Something wrong with spiking the ball and chest bumping on the way to the bench? Or how about just handing the ball to the ref like Gio or AJ. I can only imagine what Hill is spending him time planning on doing. The NFL may have changed the rules, but that is not going to keep players from looking like idiots prancing around in the end zone. And don't kid yourself and think this doesn't filter down into youth sports. 

Me too and not just TDs  pekos bellys dances were the worst thing ever  celebrate after the end of the game when you won..

1 good play during a football game is not cause for celebration

VICTORY is the only cause for celebration on a football field. 
Reply/Quote