Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Lewis speaks out about the refs
Here's what he said:

Here's what he had to say about halftime adjustments:

I can't wait for a new HC. I'm grateful for taking us from being bad to average, Merv, but you need to go. Like, NOW. :angry:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
We witnessed Tomlin rallying his team, something we've never seen from Marvin.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's what he said:

I can't wait for a new HC. I'm grateful for taking us from being bad to average, Merv, but you need to go. Like, NOW. :angry:

You're giving him a lot of credit here, Philhos. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
Marvin Lewis has all the killer instinct of a vegan Buddhist monk.
Reply/Quote

As always, many truly great words of wisdom, from Coach Lewis..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Do you have the actual audio of what he said? It was so condescending to the reporter that asked the question. I dont know how the local media puts up with this guy, he treats them like dirt.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Marvin Lewis has a very old school approach to his job.
His approach is each player is responsible for doing the right thing because they are a professional and getting paid to do so. And in his mind, professionals don't need true training (coaching) to do their jobs better, just put forth more effort and execute because that is the expectation of a professional. No "pep talk" will or should make a difference in how a professional performs because he/she should always be performing at his/her highest level at all times and should not need motivation.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you have the actual audio of what he said? It was so condescending to the reporter that asked the question. I dont know how the local media puts up with this guy, he treats them like dirt.

Here's the audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Here's the audio:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

Here's the full audio :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4mHPeMGTJM
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest here..How many of you back when you were playing football or any other sport actually played better after a pep talk?
The only fond memories I have of anything remotely resembling a pep talk were pep rallies when my favorite cheerleaders showed off their cute little tight asses..  That might have seemed worth the effort, but some curmungeonly old bastard telling me no pain no gain didn't exactly inspire me a hell of a lot.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 01:00 PM)grampahol Wrote: Let's be honest here..How many of you back when you were playing football or any other sport actually played better after a pep talk?
The only fond memories I have of anything remotely resembling a pep talk were pep rallies when my favorite cheerleaders showed off their cute little tight asses..  That might have seemed worth the effort, but some curmungeonly old bastard telling me no pain no gain didn't exactly inspire me a hell of a lot.. 

I bet you a pep talk would make you a better fisherman. Ninja
Reply/Quote
I can't believe that he still has a job
Reply/Quote
Great work OP.

Brilliant.

:andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Marvin Lewis has all the killer instinct of a vegan Buddhist monk.

He has the killer instinct of a dead antelope.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:21 PM)PhilHos Wrote: LHere's what he said:

I am great full for nothing. With a competent head coach the Bengals could possibly be looking at one or two super bowl rings by now. I can't be greatful for squandering talent.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 1.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
[Image: HS8Kr8Y.gif]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Can testify that some fans were on Marvin as hard they could verbally assault him.

Couple full cans of 16oz or bigger (probably 20 or 24 oz) were heaved from stands on field. One almost hit a cheerleader.

Not a fan of what is going on with team, but these folks are no better at being fans than Marvin is at coaching 2nd halves with a lead.

Embarrassing at all levels.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:10 PM)Interceptor Wrote: [Image: HS8Kr8Y.gif]

Sometimes I wish this was a little bigger of a hitter than Dre who flattens Marv. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Do you have the actual audio of what he said? It was so condescending to the reporter that asked the question. I dont know how the local media puts up with this guy, he treats them like dirt.

they ask real stupid and pointed questions you would get tired of their BS after a few years too
Reply/Quote