Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Sticking With Nugent
People keep bringing up how bad the kicker market is...

1. That's not the point. The point is you hold guys accountable for sucking at their job.
2. If Nuge ranks 30th and 26th in percentages, what are we risking exactly?

Nuge should be one of those "bad kickers" on the market.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Brown does not want to pay for another kicker as someone else has said.

He also wont agree to let a dynamic new coach replace Marvin and clean out coaching staff because they are on contracts.

Fear of being fired is a great motivator. Knowing you wont be fired suppresses motivation.

I am really concerned that we are heading towards another 10 years of futility.

I hope AJ and Dalton get to move to another franchise before they are done with their careers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as much as I want nugent gone...

Who is better and available.

The team liked Zach Hocker before an injury.
Randy Bullock. He has an 81% FG percentage. His biggest struggle was early on he tore his groin and that's why he struggled a bit, or his numbers would be better. Last year, he had 2 game winning FGs and a game tying FG late in the 4th against the Patriots. But. Again. Dealt with injuries all his career.
Jordan Gay is a young guy who never kicked, but was a backup to Carpenter and has done kickoffs.
Travis Coons is also pretty good. Had 3 games last year where he had 4 field goals. He also kicked the 4th most field goals in a season for the Browns with 28.

There are players out there who deserve a chance to at least prove they are better than Nugent. I'd like Coons in all honesty
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: To be fair, we can't expect Marvin to hold his workers accountable when his bosses don't hold him accountable. Starts at the top

My bosses don't hold me accountable and you bet the people who work under me do, though. If I acted like my bosses do, I'd be unemployed, lol. 
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 10:20 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: To be fair, we can't expect Marvin to hold his workers accountable when his bosses don't hold him accountable. Starts at the top

(11-22-2016, 02:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People keep bringing up how bad the kicker market is...

1. That's not the point. The point is you hold guys accountable for sucking at their job.

Suusssssssssssshhh, You can't say accountable around here. 

Stand up if you think Nugent will be our kicker next year. What are we going to lose trying somebody else ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This isn't the first time Marvin has stuck with someone or something I didn't approve of. Can his ass already.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 08:30 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I said that before the game was over.  Lewis is not hard to figure out.

Lewis riding with his guys till the end.. which is about a 6 weeks away.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 02:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People keep bringing up how bad the kicker market is...

getting a guy that cant even do kick offs... I guess.    What happened to that kid we had in camp a year or 2 ago that had won all American honors in punting and kicking.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:13 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Lewis riding with his guys till the end.. which is about a 6 weeks away.
You promise ?
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 05:41 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Per Jay Morrison's twitter, he says "Marvin says gave it a lot of thought and team is moving forward with Nugent"

Also, here's some fun stats about Nugent and why this is a stupid idea.

Nugent ranks 30th in extra point percentage with 86.4%
Nugent ranks 26th in field goal percentage with 76.2%
0-3 from 50+ yards

Sad, i was for keeping Nuge before this cause i didn't think there was any Kicker out there better.

But missing extra points is beyond terrible and costs games. Nugent is a liability.

You get rid of these guys even if you like them. Nuge is a good guy but is not a good kicker anymore.

Get someone off the street to make the extra points. I am sure we could find one. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad, i was for keeping Nuge before this cause i didn't think there was any Kicker out there better.

But missing extra points is beyond terrible and costs games. Nugent is a liability.

You get rid of these guys even if you like them. Nuge is a good guy but is not a good kicker anymore.

Get someone off the street to make the extra points. I am sure we could find one. Mellow

I'm about to start doing leg day every day. Seems like the NFL needs some fresh legs Ninja
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 10:29 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I'm about to start doing leg day every day. Seems like the NFL needs some fresh legs Ninja

Do it Wolf, for the team man.
Reply/Quote
No one has mentioned Chad "ocho cinco" Johnson yet? Hes willing, and at this point, why not?
[Image: forumpic2.jpg]
When I die, I will get to shake Mr. Paul Browns hand and hear him say "Damn, you never stopped believing, did you?"
Reply/Quote
If Nugent would have done his job this year, the Bengals would have won the Redskins and the Bills games, and we would be tied for first place at 5 and 5.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2016, 06:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: as much as I want nugent gone...

Who is better and available.
Hang in there buddy. We can't let the team we follow convince us that we can't improve on garbage.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2016, 04:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sad, i was for keeping Nuge before this cause i didn't think there was any Kicker out there better.

I am right there with ya.  I want for all the world to support the dude.  He's a great guy, and a local legend up here in Centerville (or at least was, not so sure about the status of that at the moment LOL)   But c'mon....  at this level, you've GOT to do your job.  There's just no way around it.  There was a thread earlier this year about how Nugent would lose at least one game this year, and how sadly true that ended up being.  Likely two already lost at this point, though in both cases there are numerous arguments that could be made that many other individuals blew coverages, missed tackles, SUCK AT BLOCKING, putting us in the situation to lose.  But both times could have still resulted in a W had Nuge made kicks.  And not like 60+ yard miracle kicks, just fairly normal distance kicks.  Unless he literally wins us every single game this season, time to move on...
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2016, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not only this, but suppose Nuge works his way out of this down the stretch.  I mean, what is it going to harm during the season?  Nothing.  Because they all suck. 

As disgusted as I am with Nuge's unreliable kicking, I am okay with leaving his sorry ass on the roster for the rest of this pitiful season. This team is going nowhere but down so Nuge is in good company. Now, if Nuge is still here at the start of next season I will be up in arms. Cry
Reply/Quote

News flash. The Bengals should take Durbin the OSU Buckeye placekicker. He has only missed 2 FGs today against Mich. Sick
Reply/Quote