• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin has a plan (from the presser)
Joe Danneman

Verified account

@FOX19Joe
19m19 minutes ago
More
Marvin Lewis asked how he'll do both jobs: "I have a plan. Watch and see."

Marvin Lewis then asked if Hue Jackson will be brought in to help: "(Smiles) Watch and see." #Bengals

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!!!!???
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
What the hell did he do as head coach anyways?!

I'm pumped for the new direction and I hope that this brings some enthusiasm from Marvin that we've all wanted for over a decade!
Reply/Quote
I watched the presser and he laughed half of the time. Make this nightmare end!
Reply/Quote
I don't know, his "choke someone out" comment holds some promise if he can just commit to it.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Guys! How do you expect Marvin to run the Defense AND smile and clap while yelling “Let’s Go!”? It just can’t be done!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:42 PM)Trademark Wrote: I watched the presser and he laughed half of the time. Make this nightmare end!

The nightmare ended this morning. Start dreaming again.
Reply/Quote
Marvin steps down as HC, goes to DC permanently and Hue takes over as HC.

IT'S THE UPSIDE DOWN, FOLKS!
Reply/Quote
Merv is always so vague, it's hard to get a read. I did get a feeling from him that he offered to help Austin out, and he wouldn't take, or listen to Merv.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
EFF this stupid ass coach.! I had enough of him AND elmer fudd the owner!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:02 PM)RASCAL Wrote: EFF this stupid ass coach.! I had enough of him AND elmer fudd the owner!

We all have for years now, but now Marvin's actually in a position that he knows how to do, so this could be a VERY good thing!

I don't see how people aren't more excited about this:  Marvin has a brilliant defensive mind (he did have a ton of talent in Baltimore, but don't forget how he adapted the scheme to fit it better with the hybrid 4-3/3-4), and this should keep him occupied enough to keep him away from the offense and let them do their thing.  I mean that even in the in-game coaching, too.

Hopefully, this gets the rest of the team excited, too!

I'm pumped because I think that this brings a spark to the team that has been missing for a long time!
Reply/Quote
Let me guess ? He's going to go into the locker room and tell all the guys "we need to play better"
Reply/Quote
WOO HOO! Marvin's got a plan. We're cooking with gas now. Where was the plan after the first annihilation? Or after the second 500 yard game?

Marv, you got your work cut out for you cuz your guys can't read, shed, cover, get to the QB or tackle. Who the hell coached them down?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:58 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Let me guess ? He's going to go into the locker room and tell all the guys "we need to play better"

Honestly they do there is enough talent on this team to win. However they make a ton of mistakes and seem to run themselves out of position a lot. Hopefully the defense wont be so soft going forward.
Reply/Quote
Personally, I've always thought the time to start bailing was when the water first start trickling in and not when the boat is on its side. This is a huge failure. Maybe it's not too late to fix it, but man, what a task.

Marvin might not be built to succeed in the league any more. He has never shaken his three yards and a cloud of dust roots. So much has changed in just the past couple years. Marv's comfort zone is a dinosaur.

The only way to deal with these crazy high powered offenses is with aggression. If you sit back and react, you're dead. You have to find a way to make them react to you. You might get beat either way, but if you're putting pressure on them, at least you might force a mistake.

And Marv, what the hell happened to the fundamentals. Did Austin coach them out of his players?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
His plan is to hire Hue Jackson to hold his defensive play sheet so he will be able to clap during the games.
Reply/Quote
So Mikey has a Master Plan and now Marvin has a plan...16 years later.....
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I smell "Be a F'n pro!!" part deux.

[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:07 PM)McC Wrote: WOO HOO!  Marvin's got a plan.  We're cooking with gas now.  Where was the plan after the first annihilation?  Or after the second 500 yard game?

Marv, you got your work cut out for you cuz your guys can't read, shed, cover, get to the QB or tackle.  Who the hell coached them down?

Or after the 440 or 480 yard games and so on. He has a plan, now ?

This is just like PA's presser after game 10 or 11 in Oggie's debut. PA says "we don't care how he feels, we're trying to win football games here". Talking about Ced of course. Really ? After the season is 2/3's over you figure out you're trying to win football games. And Ced ain't cutting it ?

I want ML gone so bad I can't stand it.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:22 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: So Mikey has a Master Plan and now Marvin has a plan...16 years later.....

They're still running the original one. It's called the success in the NFL in 25 years sure bet. Mike and Marvin googled it back in 03.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We all have for years now, but now Marvin's actually in a position that he knows how to do, so this could be a VERY good thing!

I don't see how people aren't more excited about this:  Marvin has a brilliant defensive mind (he did have a ton of talent in Baltimore, but don't forget how he adapted the scheme to fit it better with the hybrid 4-3/3-4), and this should keep him occupied enough to keep him away from the offense and let them do their thing.  I mean that even in the in-game coaching, too.

Hopefully, this gets the rest of the team excited, too!

I'm pumped because I think that this brings a spark to the team that has been missing for a long time!

And that speaks volumes. We have to hope the head coach is too preoccupied to muck up the offense.

Whatever
Reply/Quote