Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin has a plan (from the presser)
(11-12-2018, 05:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I don't know, his "choke someone out" comment holds some promise if he can just commit to it.

Seriously. It was at least nice to know he thinks about doing that on occasion.....because I sure as hell would be
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:07 PM)McC Wrote: WOO HOO!  Marvin's got a plan.  We're cooking with gas now.  Where was the plan after the first annihilation?  Or after the second 500 yard game?

Marv, you got your work cut out for you cuz your guys can't read, shed, cover, get to the QB or tackle.  Who the hell coached them down?
Never understood this saying food cooked with charcoal taste better.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:18 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Never understood this saying food cooked with charcoal taste better.

Charcoals a slow burn baby. It might taste better but you gotta be patient. Gas is light and go!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 07:38 PM)Benton Wrote: And that speaks volumes. We have to hope the head coach is too preoccupied to muck up the offense.

Whatever
Marv should let Lazor have control over the timeouts for Offense and decide weather they should go for it or not. Put some of that on him and then Marv  will have time to call plays for D and choke a guy out now and then that's not getting it.
Reply/Quote
Lol his plan is to hire Hue Jackson as D coordinator ><
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 05:46 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Guys! How do you expect Marvin to run the Defense AND smile and clap while yelling “Let’s Go!”? It just can’t be done!

How? Marvin will take over as DC and Hue Jackson will take over HC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:35 PM)nkydiesel88 Wrote: Lol his plan is to hire Hue Jackson as D coordinator ><

Nope. Hue as HC (as was plan before he left for CLE) and Marv transitions to DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:24 PM)motoarch Wrote: Charcoals a slow burn baby. It might taste better but you gotta be patient. Gas is light and go!

Then we are the Charcoal Bengals. Although, wet Charcoal.

Reply/Quote
Lazor to Assistant HC, Van Pelt to OC and Hue QBC then.

Nothing about Hue taking HC duties sounds promising. And the Offense doesn't really need him around either, but if he must return....

Plus Hue coming all but means he's the next HC. That to me is worse case scenario.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
All coaches move one to right
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Let's not over-react. Hue works well with Marvin so he might just be his eyes and ears for the offense when Marv is chewing out asses on the sidelines and Lazor gets to do his thing running the offense . We'll see, but it was clear that Austin was WAYYYY IN over his head and not making anyone accountable for anything at all .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 09:50 PM)jj22 Wrote: Plus Hue coming all but means he's the next HC. That to me is worse case scenario.

Yep.  
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:04 PM)grampahol Wrote: Let's not over-react. Hue works well with Marvin so he might just be his eyes and ears for the offense when Marv is chewing out asses on the sidelines and Lazor gets to do his thing running the offense . We'll see, but it was clear that Austin was WAYYYY IN over his head and not making anyone accountable for anything at all .

Can a requirement be M. Lewis, H. Jackson, and B. Lazor hold hands on the sidelines (or lock arms) for the full game (until the horn sounds or a fat woman sings), to form a sort of red-rover fence to communicate to the team that they are 1. All phases of the team should perform "as 1", as Maximus Decimus Meridius would put it. They are fathers to murdered sons, husbands to murdered wives - and they will have their vengeance. In this life, or the next.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can a requirement be M. Lewis, H. Jackson, and B. Lazor hold hands on the sidelines (or lock arms) for the full game (until the horn sounds or a fat woman sings), to form a sort of red-rover fence to communicate to the team that they are 1. All phases of the team should perform "as 1", as Maximus Decimus Meridius would put it. They are fathers to murdered sons, husbands to murdered wives - and they will have their vengeance. In this life, or the next.

[Image: raw]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 11:11 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Can a requirement be M. Lewis, H. Jackson, and B. Lazor hold hands on the sidelines (or lock arms) for the full game (until the horn sounds or a fat woman sings), to form a sort of red-rover fence to communicate to the team that they are 1. All phases of the team should perform "as 1", as Maximus Decimus Meridius would put it. They are fathers to murdered sons, husbands to murdered wives - and they will have their vengeance. In this life, or the next.
Wild lol
Reply/Quote
I went from being down and out and ready to quit being so into the bengals, to hearing these moves and being excited. I can envision some good stuff with these coaches ,and marvin on d coordinator. So im happy they atleast tried to do something,but most likely we will have it come crashing down the bengals way.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2018, 06:54 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: We all have for years now, but now Marvin's actually in a position that he knows how to do, so this could be a VERY good thing!

I don't see how people aren't more excited about this:  Marvin has a brilliant defensive mind (he did have a ton of talent in Baltimore, but don't forget how he adapted the scheme to fit it better with the hybrid 4-3/3-4), and this should keep him occupied enough to keep him away from the offense and let them do their thing.  I mean that even in the in-game coaching, too.

Hopefully, this gets the rest of the team excited, too!

I'm pumped because I think that this brings a spark to the team that has been missing for a long time!

I have a bridge I want to sell you!
In other words " I do NOT share your optimistic appraisal of the situation"!!!

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:38 AM)RASCAL Wrote: I have a bridge I want to sell you!

Which parts do you disagree with and why?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:25 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I went from being down and out and ready to quit being so into the bengals, to hearing these moves and being excited. I can envision some good stuff with these coaches ,and marvin on d coordinator. So im happy they atleast tried to do something,but most likely we will have it come crashing down the bengals way.

I'm with you. All the whining at things that make perfect sense. Austin is fired past the middle of the season with no good defensive coach to replace him as DC, so Marvin, who was a very good DC, is going to take it over himself. Makes perfect sense. Marvin brings in Hue, who is not a good HC, but is a very good assistant coach, and knows the duties of HC and is familiar with the organization,  to help Marvin out with things while he is preoccupied with the D... makes perfect sense. Not to mention, he was just the HC of a team we are about to face twice in the upcoming weeks....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2018, 01:38 AM)RASCAL Wrote: I have a bridge I want to sell you!

As opposed to staying stagnant, I got no issue with the change(s)........
Reply/Quote