Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin has to go
What do we got to do to get him out of here,at this point id take anyone over him even hue jackson. I know people will say no way to that, but atleast hue knows offense and would change things up. I really think hed be an upgrade over marvin. The cleveland situation was a total mess. Im not saying hue jackson is the guy we need to hire but id be happy trying someone new.

Marvin just pissed me off today how he talked about Auden Tate. He said Auden Tate just came off the practice squad and you cant win with practice squad guys. He says Auden Tate dropped a pass last week and ran a route short this week. And there was 31 other teams that didnt want Auden Tate. This is his response on giving Tate one snap last game.

Im just done after that quote i cant stand him. He did the same thing with Ross last year,one mistake and you're benched for the game. Instead of coaching him up and letting him get experienced. And they even just put ross on the IR when they could of gotten him game experience.

We will never win with this stupid coaching. On that last play it was designed to go to that spot,they started to put Auden tate out there,took a time out , and put core in that spot. Dalton looked off the corner for a second then threw to core right away there was no scanning it was designed to go to that spot fast. Just stupidity and Dalton is marvins robot.

Oh this happens with other spots and happens every year. Hes good friends with hardy nickerson so hardy jr gets serious playing time,when fans said he even sucked in college,and hes out there with the headset. Holding out jefferson who looks to have speed and a good tackler. This whole thing starts at the top down to the bottom just like terrell owens said and why carson wanted out bad. We need to get him out. I hope fans really quit going. We need to force him out.

I forgot to edit this in- watch mike tomlin or bill belicheck mic'd up and look at marvin ,i havnt seen a micd up marvin but i can hear him saying lets go clap clap. Mike tomlin will go nuts over referee calls or things he thinks should be flagged and he gets the calls that way. He brings energy to his team and fights the refs. Bill belicheck sounds like he knows the game ,hes diagnosing every play every key moment,and he argues the refs also. Marvin does not fight for calls on our team. Thats another reason refs are always bad to us.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  He did the same thing with Ross last year,one mistake and you're benched for the game. Instead of coaching him up and letting him get experienced. And they even just put ross on the IR when they could of gotten him game experience. 

You need to catch up.  Ross has admitted that he wasn't properly prepared last year and he was also hiding an injury from the coaches.

As for Marvin being gone I said the same thing at the end of last year.  But saying you would take "anyone" over him is pretty stupid.  Marvin has won more than he has lost against other NFL coaches while having the handicap of working with the worst owner in the league.  Marvin could not get this franchise over the hump but he is better than many NFL coaches.  We are in the top half of the league in wins since he arrived and only 8 teams have made the playoffs more often than us.  
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You need to catch up.  Ross has admitted that he wasn't properly prepared last year and he was also hiding an injury from the coaches.

As for Marvin being gone I said the same thing at the end of last year.  But saying you would take "anyone" over him is pretty stupid.  Marvin has won more than he has lost against other NFL coaches while having the handicap of working with the worst owner in the league.  Marvin could not get this franchise over the hump but he is better than many NFL coaches.  We are in the top half of the league in wins since he arrived and only 8 teams have made the playoffs more often than us.  
I think ross was just being a good little robot or hed get in more trouble,yeah he wasnt up to speed but he wanted to play and compete,and marvin kept him on thed bench. Just think that experience and playing with dalton might of benefited them more this year. The point is marvin plays favorites. Some guys can get a million chances and some guys get one snap to prove theirself. Hes a bad coach and is a joke.

Ill take about anybody else except maybe fisher. Someone that we dont know what he can do compared to marvin where we know is just not a smart head coach. 
Reply/Quote
Hue is the worst coach in NFL history. He will not be an upgrade over Marvin. That is your frustration speaking.

It is time for Marvin to go, but that doesn't mean Marvin is a terrible coach. Marvin is a good coach in a very precarious situation. He is limited in what he can do because of Mike Brown. The team is understaffed (IIRC, they are dead last in total team staff.) While I agree that Marvin needs to go, Mike Brown needs to go ASAP. Many top coaches would struggle here given what they have available to them. The whole culture needs to change.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:44 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote:  The point is marvin plays favorites. 

The point is that you make up stuff in your head and insist on believing it even when all the evidence says you are wrong.

You are flat out admitting that no matter what the players or coaches or anyone who actually knows what happed says you are not going to believe them because it conflicts with what you made up in your head.

It is called cognitive dissonance.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:44 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: I think ross was just being a good little robot or hed get in more trouble,yeah he wasnt up to speed but he wanted to play and compete,and marvin kept him on thed bench. Just think that experience and playing with dalton might of benefited them more this year. The point is marvin plays favorites. Some guys can get a million chances and some guys get one snap to prove theirself. Hes a bad coach and is a joke.

Ill take about anybody else except maybe fisher. Someone that we dont know what he can do compared to marvin where we know is just not a smart head coach. 

Here's the problem with bringing in someone completely new.  There's not enough time left in Mike Brown's lifetime for him to get comfortable enough with a new HC, in order to let that coach do his thing, the way he wants to do it.

Essentially what I'm saying here is;  Nothing will really be able to "change", until the day that Mike Brown retires, and an actual General Manager is hired and allowed to run the team like a modern day franchise.

I know, it sucks to think about...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:26 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: What do we got to do to get him out of here,at this point id take anyone over him even hue jackson. I know people will say no way to that, but atleast hue knows offense and would change things up. I really think hed be an upgrade over marvin. The cleveland situation was a total mess. Im not saying hue jackson is the guy we need to hire but id be happy trying someone new.

Marvin just pissed me off today how he talked about Auden Tate. He said Auden Tate just came off the practice squad and you cant win with practice squad guys. He says Auden Tate dropped a pass last week and ran a route short this week. And there was 31 other teams that didnt want Auden Tate. This is his response on giving Tate one snap last game.

Im just done after that quote i cant stand him. He did the same thing with Ross last year,one mistake and you're benched for the game. Instead of coaching him up and letting him get experienced. And they even just put ross on the IR when they could of gotten him game experience.

We will never win with this stupid coaching. On that last play it was designed to go to that spot,they started to put Auden tate out there,took a time out , and put core in that spot. Dalton looked off the corner for a second then threw to core right away there was no scanning it was designed to go to that spot fast. Just stupidity and Dalton is marvins robot.

Oh this happens with other spots and happens every year. Hes good friends with hardy nickerson so hardy jr gets serious playing time,when fans said he even sucked in college,and hes out there with the headset. Holding out jefferson who looks to have speed and a good tackler. This whole thing starts at the top down to the bottom just like terrell owens said and why carson wanted out bad. We need to get him out. I hope fans really quit going. We need to force him out.

I forgot to edit this in- watch mike tomlin or bill belicheck mic'd up and look at marvin ,i havnt seen a micd up marvin but i can hear him saying lets go clap clap. Mike tomlin will go nuts over referee calls or things he thinks should be flagged and he gets the calls that way. He brings energy to his team and fights the refs. Bill belicheck sounds like he knows the game ,hes diagnosing every play every key moment,and he argues the refs also. Marvin does not fight for calls on our team. Thats another reason refs are always bad to us.

Man I’m right there with ya. His comments regarding Auden Tate were very brash. What I can’t believe is they didn’t bring up Core and how all he does is drop the ball. Marvin should never have a 4th and 3 play designed to go to our guy with 5 catches and nearly as many drops. As the coach that is on him and he needs to do a better job in that way. (Eye roll)
Reply/Quote
He had to go in 2008, 2010, 2015 etc.

Barring a miracle, he should be gone after this season, but we're probably stuck with him through next year.

And this point, I think it's a safer bet that Marvin will coach until Mike Brown croaks.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:05 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Hue is the worst coach in NFL history. He will not be an upgrade over Marvin. That is your frustration speaking.

It is time for Marvin to go, but that doesn't mean Marvin is a terrible coach. Marvin is a good coach in a very precarious situation. He is limited in what he can do because of Mike Brown. The team is understaffed (IIRC, they are dead last in total team staff.) While I agree that Marvin needs to go, Mike Brown needs to go ASAP. Many top coaches would struggle here given what they have available to them. The whole culture needs to change.

It remains to be seen if ANY coach can come in here and consistently win the way the organization is structured.

We have a de facto GM who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:29 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It remains to be seen if ANY coach can come in here and consistently win the way the organization is structured.

We have a de facto GM who hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

Exactly.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's the problem with bringing in someone completely new.  There's not enough time left in Mike Brown's lifetime for him to get comfortable enough with a new HC, in order to let that coach do his thing, the way he wants to do it.

Essentially what I'm saying here is;  Nothing will really be able to "change", until the day that Mike Brown retires, and an actual General Manager is hired and allowed to run the team like a modern day franchise.

I know, it sucks to think about...

Yep. Plus with the coaches doing all of the scouting it puts us behind the 8 ball for the draft if we totally clean house.

IF they didn't let Marvin leave after his contract was up...they won't fire him after this season...especially if we win 7-8 games.
Reply/Quote
Winning those last two games last season was the worst thing that could have happened to this team. I truly believe Marvin was on his way out until that happened.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. Plus with the coaches doing all of the scouting it puts us behind the 8 ball for the draft if we totally clean house.

IF they didn't let Marvin leave after his contract was up...they won't fire him after this season...especially if we win 7-8 games.

Yep, I kick myself every time for buying into their latest version of "This time, it will be different".  

You make a great point about the team potentially being behind the 8 ball on draft day, should they actually clean house.  Most GM's have a philosophy, or a "Master Plan" that they envision when putting a franchise together, or so it would seem by watching the successful ones operate.  As for the team we follow?  I think that our GM's only plan is to keep just enough revenue flowing to prolong the existence of the team.  Otherwise, he would have bitten the bullet, and hired an actual GM, years ago.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think that our GM's only plan is to keep just enough revenue flowing to prolong the existence of the team.  Otherwise, he would have bitten the bullet, and hired an actual GM, years ago.

At this point all I think our GM worries about is having a solid #2.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:01 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: At this point all I think our GM worries about is having a solid #2.  

Exactly, I sincerely wish the stubborn old coot would just admit that it's time to pass the torch.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:43 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, I kick myself every time for buying into their latest version of "This time, it will be different".  

You make a great point about the team potentially being behind the 8 ball on draft day, should they actually clean house.  Most GM's have a philosophy, or a "Master Plan" that they envision when putting a franchise together, or so it would seem by watching the successful ones operate.  As for the team we follow?  I think that our GM's only plan is to keep just enough revenue flowing to prolong the existence of the team.  Otherwise, he would have bitten the bullet, and hired an actual GM, years ago.

You bring up several great points. As for the 'master plan' the Bengals seem to go 'best available player' a lot, but the problem lately is that some of those guys have been injured and we end up with a whole lot of guys that don't seem to fit our system. Whatever that system is.

As for the coaching changes of the position coaches and defensive coordinator? Who knew? Alexander was here so long that it was plausible that he was the major issue. With the Bengals you have to almost assume that a terrible coach could last since the 1990's somehow. Heck, we have a de facto GM that hasn't won a playoff game in 26+ years.

My frustration, I'm sure like yours is that this league is setup for parity. Since we last won a playoff game some 26 teams have won 5+ playoff games. Here we are looking for a meager 1! And when we do win that game, we'll celebrate like it's a Super Bowl.

The elephant in the room that we don't like to acknowledge is that this team is managed poorly and the team culture is horrible. Even when they are being successful, they find ways to lose games. Just toxic all around.

I don't know what coach will be able to turn this around.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 08:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The point is that you make up stuff in your head and insist on believing it even when all the evidence says you are wrong.

You are flat out admitting that no matter what the players or coaches or anyone who actually knows what happed says you are not going to believe them because it conflicts with what you made up in your head.

It is called cognitive dissonance.

Im not the only one whos said this ive seen other fans say it. Heres a couple examples of players giving a long leash. Nugent,cedric ohbugi, russel bodine, robeet geathers, michael johnson,cody core. Guys hes super hard on are usually rooks ross, tate, jeremy hill, westerman. Im sure i can give more examples if i looked at rosters. 
Reply/Quote
BengalsTurnip has to go. Ninja

[Image: 2xOvRJE.jpg]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: BengalsTurnip has to go.  Ninja  

I think you do for not being able to read 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 09:46 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: BengalsTurnip has to go.  Ninja  

Look at my ranking compared to yours im vip, you got 4 stars HA nobody likes you
Reply/Quote