Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin is relieved that we didn’t trade McCarron
Quote:The team's coach met with reporters Wednesday, expressing happiness over having AJ McCarron still sitting on the roster behind starting quarterback Andy Dalton.

"AJ is a very valuable member of this team and I told him that yesterday [after] everything," Lewis said. "Frankly, I was relieved, so I don't have to go through those gymnastics of the next step. He's a great kid. He's a true team player. He's a leader. He's a leader on this football team, and that's why we felt like he's such a valuable asset and the man upstairs was very clear about it, and so forth, of how we felt about him. So that's the key.”

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870753/article/marvin-lewis-relieved-aj-mccarron-trade-fell-through
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Was Marvin not involved at all in the trade request?
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
What else is he gonna say? He still has the guy on the roster
Reply/Quote
I
hate
Marvin
Lewis
Reply/Quote
If they valued the Oline, backup QB wouldn't be such high priority.

Remember when we had a good Oline. We survived years with a young QB (Dalton) being backed up by the likes of Josh Johnson. Back up qb wasn't a priority for the team then.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
The day Marvin Lewis is gone will be the happiest day I've experienced as a Bengal fan since... The day Marvin Lewis was hired  Shy  

Seriously, if somebody had told me 15 years ago that we'd NEVER win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis, I'd have called them bat s*** crazy. I absolutely loved the ML hire at the time.... Crazy what a buffoon Marvin turned out to be. 

I'm not sure if his true colors have shown or if he's just a shell of what he used to be. Definitely doesn't seem like the same guy we hired almost 16 years ago. I remember quite a few clutch victories against some good team under Marvin the first few years of his tenure. Now? A clutch victory against a solid opponent happens maybe, what, once in 20 games? Pathetic.

Weak, chicken s***, choke-artist football is now the norm in Cincy 
Reply/Quote
[Image: diplomacy-300x200.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What else is he gonna say?   He still has the guy on the roster

Pretty much.

It would have been incredibly rude to giggle and jabber "2018, restock and rollllll tide! AJ who? That guy on the bench sitting next to Ross? Never heard of him."
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 11:51 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: The day Marvin Lewis is gone will be the happiest day I've experienced as a Bengal fan since... The day Marvin Lewis was hired  Shy  

Seriously, if somebody had told me 15 years ago that we'd NEVER win a playoff game with Marvin Lewis, I'd have called them bat s*** crazy. I absolutely loved the ML hire at the time.... Crazy what a buffoon Marvin turned out to be. 

I'm not sure if his true colors have shown or if he's just a shell of what he used to be. Definitely doesn't seem like the same guy we hired almost 16 years ago. I remember quite a few clutch victories against some good team under Marvin the first few years of his tenure. Now? A clutch victory against a solid opponent happens maybe, what, once in 20 games? Pathetic.

Weak, chicken s***, choke-artist football is now the norm in Cincy 

Same here brother. I loved the Marvin hire and I think Marvin did one helluva job turning this franchise around. 

Having said that though, I also feel like never truly evolved as a coach and - similar to Mike - is stubborn when it comes to altering his approach and his time here should've ended after the Chargers loss. 

Sometimes it feels like he just going through the motions and is content to just still be a head coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:11 AM)Trademark Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870753/article/marvin-lewis-relieved-aj-mccarron-trade-fell-through

Quote:Frankly, I was relieved, so I don't have to go through those gymnastics of the next step.

Sounds like Merv's a little lazy.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Sure he is because the draft picks would just be for the next HC.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
He must cheat on his wife a lot. He's pretty good at lying when he must.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:11 AM)Trademark Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000870753/article/marvin-lewis-relieved-aj-mccarron-trade-fell-through

I think this is fake news, on a very reliable sports news site I believe the actual article was called "Marvin was relieving himself when he learned we didn't trade McCarron"
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:00 PM)Benton Wrote: Pretty much.

It would have been incredibly rude to giggle and jabber "2018, restock and rollllll tide! AJ who? That guy on the bench sitting next to Ross? Never heard of him."

I'm sure he thinks that about McCarron and several other guys including Ross lol
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 09:29 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What else is he gonna say?   He still has the guy on the roster

/thread.

Marv just saving face. Btw, I'll just leave this here:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/browns-ownership-reportedly-went-nuclear-after-aj-mccarron-trade-disaster-unfolded/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Probably because he knows Andy Dalton is in dire straits from this O-line.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 12:33 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Same here brother. I loved the Marvin hire and I think Marvin did one helluva job turning this franchise around. 

Having said that though, I also feel like never truly evolved as a coach and - similar to Mike - is stubborn when it comes to altering his approach and his time here should've ended after the Chargers loss. 

Sometimes it feels like he just going through the motions and is content to just still be a head coach.

His heart is not in it any more.  Going through the motions.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Of course he's relieved because, by Monday morning he could be the starter with Andy in a body cast.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 03:48 PM)GodFather Wrote: I think this is fake news, on a very reliable sports news site I believe the actual article was called "Marvin was relieving himself when he learned we didn't trade McCarron"
Probably dropped his phone in the toilet again.

[Image: th?id=OIP.8C6ks1v3nKcQSF7I-dwZMgEsCo&pid...=305&h=172]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2017, 07:29 PM)McC Wrote: His heart is not in it any more.  Going through the motions.

[Image: hW7sjKX.png?1]
Reply/Quote