Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin is rooting for us
. A subscriber article in the athletic says he really wants Bengals to win. Glad even though he left on rough patch he still want us to succeed. Apparently Mixon keeps in contact.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:11 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: . A subscriber article in the athletic says he really wants Bengals to win. Glad even though he left on rough patch he still want us to succeed. Apparently Mixon keeps in contact.

Still a few of his guys here.

Mixon, Boyd, Huber, the long snapper dude, a few of the coaches, an of course the same FO.

I'm sure he appreciates the city and his 16 years there.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Still a few of his guys here.

Mixon, Boyd, Huber, the long snapper dude, a few of the coaches, an of course the same FO.

And he should certainly appreciate Mike Brown after 16 years. I’d be surprised if he didn’t want us to win. Marv just isn’t that kind of guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I would imagine that he's very grateful for the opportunity the team and the city gave him.
Reply/Quote
Maybe Marvin couldn't get us over the hump, but he was always a class act.
Reply/Quote
Yeah I was always a Marvin fan and glad that he'll be rooting for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Lewis took the Bengals from a laughing stock to a frequent divisional contender. Not being able to get them over the hump was disappointing, but it was a lot better then what we went through the decade before.
Reply/Quote
Do you guys think he’ll be clapping in front of his TV?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 10:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Still a few of his guys here.

Hubbard, bates
Reply/Quote
It’s great and all but please don’t let him in the stadium until it’s over. 0-7
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 12:05 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Do you guys think he’ll be clapping in front of his TV?

Yes.  And giggling. 
Reply/Quote
Marvin can *** a ******.

And that I mean he can "buy" a "ticket".
Reply/Quote
When Marvin came here we could not sign free agents they would stop here to run up thier price for other teams. Marvin got us to a place where we could get decent free agents to come here.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 04:52 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: When Marvin came here we could not sign free agents they would stop here to run up thier price for other teams. Marvin got us to a place where we could get decent free agents to come here.

Now with the current makeup of this team, maybe rockstar free agents would want to play for us.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Of course he is. We can argue about his tenure till we're blue in the face, but you can't question his character as a person. Marvin DID bring us back from the abyss. That should never be forgotten.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
There's zero doubt he's rooting for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a classy guy and would not expect anything other than his support.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:28 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Now with the current makeup of this team, maybe rockstar free agents would want to play for us.

You can bet that just about every FA has playing on this team on their list right now. I would argue it is the hottest up and coming team in the league.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2022, 09:28 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Now with the current makeup of this team, maybe rockstar free agents would want to play for us.

Believe Bengals will indeed be one of the teams in that mix for a change

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Don't you think Stephen Tyler and Mick Jagger are a little to old to play football?
Reply/Quote