Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin needs to resign
I appreciate all he has done.

But at some point you need to really take responsibility.

7 playoff losses in a row. I cannot think of another profession where that does not get you fired.

i think the Brown family has done an amazing job in the last five years building this team.

But I think they are about ready to lose their fan base which in turn will result in bengals leaving Cincinnati

People can only take so much of this emotional trauma.

Can you imagine making the playoffs next year and losing first game again?we cannot take any more.

Marvin step up and be a man and let someone else have a chance. It is the right thing to do for the players and the fans.

Only way there is any healing from this latest debacle.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Marvin isn't going to step down. He seems out of touch with reality.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Marvin can't quit now, right or wrong. He can't walk away with that zero staring the rest of his life in the face. He will not leave voluntarily.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
He's empty. The soul has been sucked out of him.
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.M561b40526594e2dbdc986b8e4a032...=279&h=158]
"Then the guy said "Let someone else have a chance." *giggle giggle* I haven't laughed so much since Sam Adams tried to run!"
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:46 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: He's empty. The soul has been sucked out of him.

No doubt.  Sometimes, the windmill wins.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Are you kidding?! Marvin has the best job in AMERICA let alone the NFL. There is literally nothing he could do short of running a child sex trafficking ring to get fired.....nothing. He could go 0-16 next year and Mike Brown would be like, "Well...he is trying really hard and we've been together so long. I really love the way he giggles. Soooooo here is a 5 year contract extension." Who would step down from that gig?
Reply/Quote
I would like to see Marvin to do the dignified thing, and simply step down. However, I would like to see him remain as a part of the organization. He and Duke Tobin have done a great job at assembling arguably the most talented roster in the league.

Oh, and promote Hue Jackson to HC, and let him pick his own successor at OC.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:29 PM)bengals67 Wrote: 7 playoff losses in a row. I cannot think of another profession where that does not get you fired.

He is on a five year streak where he has been more successful than an overwhelming majority of his competitors.

I can not think of another profession where that gets you fired.

No way he leaves without winning a playoff game.  He has a young talented team to work with.  No one in his position would resign.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Oh, and promote Hue Jackson to HC, 

Why?

If we are going to get rid of Marvin I want a proven replacement.  Hue has done nothing as a head coach.
Reply/Quote
Marvin isn't going anywhere.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14542549/cincinnati-bengals-not-planning-fire-marvin-lewis?ex_cid=espntw

8 games with 1/10th the stadium crowd and 16 games with 1/10th the Bengals TV audience, he were come!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:47 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: [Image: th?id=OIP.M561b40526594e2dbdc986b8e4a032...=279&h=158]
"Then the guy said "Let someone else have a chance." *giggle giggle*  I haven't laughed so much since Sam Adams tried to run!"

[Image: enhanced-buzz-896-1373320283-0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Marvin isn't going anywhere.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14542549/cincinnati-bengals-not-planning-fire-marvin-lewis?ex_cid=espntw

8 games with 1/10th the stadium crowd and 16 games with 1/10th the Bengals TV audience, he were come!

Nah.  Not gonna happen.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:57 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Marvin isn't going anywhere.

This years playoff tickets sold out faster than they did in '13.

Bengals are getting more fan support, not less.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:53 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I would like to see Marvin to do the dignified thing, and simply step down.  However, I would like to see him remain as a part of the organization.  He and Duke Tobin have done a great job at assembling arguably the most talented roster in the league.

Oh, and promote Hue Jackson to HC, and let him pick his own successor at OC.

7 playoff loses in a row. ? There is a reason why this is a record. No other team would accept this.  

The equivalent would get you fired in my profession and I think most others. 

In any case, I think highly of Marvin but he needs to man up and let someone else have a chance. 

Chances are very high that we won't make playoffs next year and if we do we will lose again. How much do you think this fan base can take? Does he need to lose 9 in a row or ten?

No other NFL team would  let this go on. 
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Why?

If we are going to get rid of Marvin I want a proven replacement.  Hue has done nothing as a head coach.

Yet he has as many playoff wins as Marvin.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 07:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is on a five year streak where he has been more successful than an overwhelming majority of his competitors.

I can not think of another profession where that gets you fired.

No way he leaves without winning a playoff game.  He has a young talented team to work with.  No one in his position would resign.

Yeah, but who brags they're the 12th best at what they do when being #1 is the ONLY thing that matters.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:07 PM)bengals67 Wrote: 7 playoff loses in a row. ? There is a reason why this is a record. No other team would accept this.  

The equivalent would get you fired in my profession and I think most others. 

Lots of other teams would love to make the playoffs 5 years in a row.

What profession do you work in where being one of the most successful in the world gets you fired?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:08 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Yet he has as many playoff wins as Marvin.

I've seen no evidence of Hue raising his game in these last two playoff games.  And both games needed him to and he couldn't.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:09 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Yeah, but who brags they're the 12th best at what they do when being #1 is the ONLY thing that matters.

How many playoff coaches get fired each year?  It is very rare that it happens.
Reply/Quote