Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin needs to resign
(01-10-2016, 08:35 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: And the result is that his teams lost each time, making him the only HC in NFL history to go 0-7. 

I'm all for giving him credit for the regular accomplishments, but with that said, the record setting postseasons failures can't be ignored or dismissed. And, at some point, the inability to achieve the end result (given multiple opportunities) has to matter. 

I'd be fine with replacing Marvin if we had a proven upgrade.

When your team is losing it is fine to make a change and hope for the best, but when you are winning like the Bengals have I think you only replace the coach with a proven upgrade.

If we had gotten blown nout last night I would have been okay with replacing him with anyone, but that did not happen.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd be fine with replacing Marvin if we had a proven upgrade.

When your team is losing it is fine to make a change and hope for the best, but when you are winning like the Bengals have I think you only replace the coach with a proven upgrade.

If we had gotten blown nout last night I would have been okay with replacing him with anyone, but that did not happen.

You and I had almost this same exact discussion on the old board after the Chargers loss. Now, here we are two years later...still without a playoff win. Nervous
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:42 PM)MrRager Wrote: I don't think he should have necessarily benched or cut them before last night, but there has to be a way to discipline these guys. Maybe, Marvin himself should have been over there to make sure Pacman didn't get that last penalty and Burfict should never have been allowed to be near Brown when he was getting up, regardless of if he was saying sorry or not. It is pretty obvious that would cause an issue with others. 

I honestly don't know what to do, but if the report from ESPN is true I think that is extremely damning. That means the locker room is decently divided and some blame Marvin for letting these players run wild. Leaks like this are usually not very good. 

Is it like the parent in the store who can't control his/her kids because they let them run wild at home or was it because of the constant, relentless thuggery by the Steelers, left unchecked by the officials, that eventually took its desired toll?  The Bengals don't do this against other teams, do they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I'd be fine with replacing Marvin if we had a proven upgrade.

To me, the way we lost last night was worse than losing in a blowout. It's almost an apple/oranges analysis with the only common thread being choose your poison. Both scenarios feature spectacular failure. It's part of trying to understand 'The Bengals', something with which a lot of people are struggling. Me included .... 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
At this point I would be willing to just get rid of Marvin and take our chances. Otherwise it will just be another season of poor in game coaching and lack of control over the team.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 08:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This years playoff tickets sold out faster than they did in '13.

Bengals are getting more fan support, not less.

Well duh because 20K were stooler fans Einstein.
Reply/Quote
Oh, I thought the OP was saying re-sign Marvin to a new contract. lol
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote

Suppose that Marvin would step down, and we had the chance to interview a few coaches with proven records of success in the post season, but each one had a distinctly different "style" about them.  What style would you feel would be more appropriate for this organization;  Someone who is more of a rigid disciplinarian, a hands on type of guy, in terms of working directly with players and position coaches to implement his system.  Or a more laid back type that is more of a delegator, letting his coordinators and position coaches have the direct control over the player teachings, while keeping his mind on the master plan?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:21 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Suppose that Marvin would step down, and we had the chance to interview a few coaches with proven records of success in the post season, but each one had a distinctly different "style" about them.  What style would you feel would be more appropriate for this organization;  Someone who is more of a rigid disciplinarian, a hands on type of guy, in terms of working directly with players and position coaches to implement his system.  Or a more laid back type that is more of a delegator, letting his coordinators and position coaches have the direct control over the player teachings, while keeping his mind on the master plan?

Jackson or Gunther. Someone new. 

Or Tom Coughlin whom Brown wanted to hire in the first place
Reply/Quote
Is this a sentence fragment?

Marvin needs to resign...........for Mike Brown to ever hire a new HC.
Reply/Quote