Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Palmer/Chad vs AD/AJ
(10-04-2016, 11:42 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Whoa now...I remember people comparing Sanu to Housh and that comparison looks silly in hindsight. Housh was probably one of the top 5 Bengals WRs ever, and I think it'll be a long time before we have a #2 as productive as he was.

I see Boyd more as a MLJ clone. Dude has amazing hands, deceptive speed and a similar build. He's playing more slot now, but I look for him to take over that outside role from LaFell in '17. He's looked good outside in limited snaps so far, and even flashed some deep ability.

I didn't mean to sound as though I feel Boyd is already where TJ was, but the way he finds the spot in zone coverage, his hands, and his size all make me think of TJ.  Both play slot, and I am not so sure I would move Boyd out of that spot just yet.  Core may have the vertical speed to be a better option at X.  I agree that Boyd can get vertical if needed, I mean, Antonio Brown ran something like a 4.59 at the combine and he seems to have no problem getting open deep.

I really like the idea of Boyd in the slot, however, with his bigger catch radius and sure hands.  

If Core can become the vertical threat at X, the offense could soar.

Before everyone says that they will never soar with this offensive line, I think one of the biggest problems with the running game is not having enough receivers in a pattern and bringing all but two or three defenders within 5 yards of the LOS isn't helping the run game at all.  They need to start spreading out and attacking through the air.  I think that would help the running game more than hoping for a new center...at least this year. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 01:28 PM)jason Wrote: Hell, I wish we had Dillon now.

When he said **** off by throwing everything in the stands after his last game he's dead to me.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:33 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like the Andy/AJ combo the best.

However, has anyone ever wondered just how prolific the Blake/Pickens/Dillon offense could have been, had they had a defense that could shut teams down?

Man Blake had a nice rainbow deep pass. And i think Darney Scott was underrated.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2016, 10:20 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Why choose?  We had both...actually, Marvn had both.  Bah, I feel like we should have won something by now!

Perfect!

Reply/Quote
I'll take Dalton and Green on that one.
Palmer > Dalton

Green > Chad
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2016, 01:18 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: I would have loved to see Dalton and Chad honestly. I wish we were able to switch receivers in those era's. I think Green would have been better suited for Palmer, and Chad for Dalton. Both were great receivers and could work for any QB, but their specialties synergies better with the other QB IMO. Palmers cannon arm for AJs speed and Daltons accuracy and anticipation for Chads shiftiness.
I would agree if A.J. was here for Palmer, it would had been a better fit. A.J. with T.J. and C.H. would had been a S.B. win in 2005/2006.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2016, 12:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Chad and Andy have more heart.

Carson and AJ have more skill.
I do see this point.

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote