Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin-nothing wrong with the effort
I particularly like the play when Jackson ran away from the Tribuski in order NOT to have to tackle him That was some great effort.
Reply/Quote
Maybe next week all the players will show solidarity and all run every play in reverse to run the score up for the Vikings.. Intentionally fumble every snap, refuse to even pretend to stop their offense and see if they can make an unprecedented lopsided score like 100-0 and tell the Vikings ahead of time the plan to avoid any kind of injuries.. I'd almost pay to see that contempt for ownership and management.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No big deal gettting dat azz whooped.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: apparently, Marvin wasn't watching the same game we were.  He said there were no problems with effort just in completing the task...yeah right

He's absolutely correct.  There is nothing wrong with his effort as coach.  He is just incapable.  
Reply/Quote
This is clearly either a man who is too arrogant to admit that he has lost his team, or he is in denial about his team quitting on him. I vote the latter because he is socially inept and probably doesn't read body language correctly. Good Riddance you walking trash can, incompetent BUM.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 06:34 PM)pally Wrote: apparently, Marvin wasn't watching the same game we were.  He said there were no problems with effort just in completing the task...yeah right

we needed to lose this game... Winning doesn't help us this season now
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:19 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: we needed to lose this game... Winning doesn't help us this season now

Like putting down your dog when you have no other options. End the suffering and lose out. It sucks to see us lose, but it's for the best. Lose out and Marvin is sure to be gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 11:34 AM)Takedown Wrote: Like putting down your dog when you have no other options. End the suffering and lose out. It sucks to see us lose, but it's for the best. Lose out and Marvin is sure to be gone.

let the young guys play... Rest who you can. roll into the next season with the best draft pick you can get for the new head coach.  Plus some tape on the young guys to help him make the best decisions possible

Of course the players don't wanna lose losing sucks.   sucks for us the fans sucks for them  and their future contracts.   But strategy wise there is nothing left to gain from winning this season
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2017, 08:01 PM)Sweetness Wrote: There has been since 2015. 

Marvin should have been fired the day after the Pittsburgh loss and Hill should have been cut.

The last two years have been completely wasted compounded by two horrible drafts and incredibly bad decisions on which players to re-sign and which players who were allowed to walk.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 01:55 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Here's an idea for marv to keep making millions.  Write a tell all, no holds barred book about his time as coach here.  I would pay to read that book.

Lol no doubt. That'd make for an excellent read. Mikey's hair-brained ideas, the Carson trade demand, Chris Henry (RIP), Odell Thurman, Chad Johnson, The Steelers, John Ross, the playoff woes... If Marv were actually truthful about all these things in a book, I'd pay a good bit of money to read that.

(12-11-2017, 02:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: What really sux is that on the board we argue about everything.

Yet almost 100% us knew Zimmer was the guy and somehow MB let him leave.

Yep. 2013 was the time. Ugly inexcusable loss at home to an inferior Chargers team. Marv's playoff record extended to 0-5. Zimmer was an obvious candidate due to the elite play of the defense back then. Yet Mikey Boy wouldn't pull the trigger.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 02:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: What really sux is that on the board we argue about everything.

Yet almost 100% us knew Zimmer was the guy and somehow MB let him leave.

Yes- they should have hired Zimmer.

But even if Zimmer was HC, we would still have kept the completely awful Bodine as starting center, Paul Alexander as offensive line coach, re-signed the awful Dre K instead of Zeitler or Whit, refused to sign any quality free agents still in their prime, and had the last two or three awful drafts.

Three drafts in a row where the first round pick never plays.

Marv should have been fired no later than the 2015 playoff loss but the problems with the management of this team run so much deeper.

I have no hope that the Brown has any intention of fixing the real problems or that the Bengals will be in Cincinnati when the lease expires.

They may leave earlier because of a dispute with the county about fees allegedly due the Bengals which the county is not going to pay.

Any excuse to get out of dodge and go some where to make even more money for the Brown family will be a much higher priority on the strategic plan than trying to make this team legitimate.

50 years of taking money out of local governments and the fan base to make this family wealthy will count for little as soon as the Brown family has a chance to move to greener pastures for even more money.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2017, 12:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Lol no doubt. That'd make for an excellent read. Mikey's hair-brained ideas, the Carson trade demand, Chris Henry (RIP), Odell Thurman, Chad Johnson, The Steelers, John Ross, the playoff woes... If Marv were actually truthful about all these things in a book, I'd pay a good bit of money to read that.

Yep. 2013 was the time. Ugly inexcusable loss at home to an inferior Chargers team. Marv's playoff record extended to 0-5. Zimmer was an obvious candidate due to the elite play of the defense back then. Yet Mikey Boy wouldn't pull the trigger.

kinda complicated by the fact that elite defense got ran all over in the playoffs
Reply/Quote