Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Andy
So listening to Marvin today he seemed Cagey on Dalton. Obviously playing it close to the vest and will be interesting to see how Andy does this week. He stressed early in the week... When he referring to AJM as prepping as the starter.
Reply/Quote
Agree if Andy was 100% we all know he wouldn't say a peep, my gut says it's all on AJs shoulders..
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:26 PM)corpjet Wrote: Agree if Andy was 100% we all know he wouldn't say a peep, my gut says it's all on AJs shoulders..

Not all, the team will have AJM's back as they have since he has started.

They are not putting it all on McCarron's back to lead us to a Playoff win. That would be stupid.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:26 PM)corpjet Wrote: Agree if Andy was 100% we all know he wouldn't say a peep, my gut says it's all on AJs shoulders..

My read was that he DIDN'T say a peep.  

He basically refused to answer any questions.

My conclusion, the cast is off and Andy is cleared to resume practice.   What remains is testing the hand's strength.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:16 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So listening to Marvin today he seemed Cagey on Dalton.  Obviously playing it close to the vest and will be interesting to see how Andy does this week.  He stressed early in the week... When he referring to AJM as prepping as the starter.

But if he knew for sure that Andy wasn't playing he would say so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 06:44 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: But if he knew for sure that Andy wasn't playing he would say so.

It's a playoff game. It would benefit the Bengals to make the Steelers prep for 2 QBs.

Of course, if Dalton is somehow healed up, he will play. I just don't think he'll be 100% in time.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Aj starts the game  Andy finishes the game that's my prediction!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yep, they're not going to say anything until they have to - keep the Steelers guessing.

I'll be shocked if Dalton plays though.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's a playoff game. It would benefit the Bengals to make the Steelers prep for 2 QBs.

Of course, if Dalton is somehow healed up, he will play. I just don't think he'll be 100% in time.

I think their games are so similar that this really doesn't matter. I don't think the Steelers prepare differently either way.

Now if someone like Colin Kaepernick was our backup; it would matter
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I read this as Andy will test it and go if he can.  But AJM will prep as a backstop.

Marvin doesn't want anyone to know about Andy until they absolutely have to know.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:15 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think their games are so similar that this really doesn't matter. I don't think the Steelers prepare differently either way.

Now if someone like Colin Kaepernick was our backup; it would matter

There's always going to be some differences. AJ will like certain routes better. He'll probably check down more. He holds the ball longer. He may be more confused by disguised coverages.

If McCarron plays, he really likes the TEs and doesn't throw to AJ Green nearly as much (Green has 10 catches for 128 yards in Mac's 3 starts). The Broncos single covered AJ. Maybe the Steelers would do the same if Mac starts. 

I don't think the Steelers will play it the same regardless of who plays.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Put Andy on the field, if he can't put AJM ...

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
Andy will come off the bench in a close game to spark the Bengals O and get the win! Just like manning did for the broncos yesterday.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:59 PM)Beaker Wrote: Andy will come off the bench in a close game to spark the Bengals O and get the win! Just like manning did for the broncos yesterday.

You'd better hope we face a 4-12 team in the playoffs "just like they did."
Reply/Quote
So did he get his cast off? Or does he just have an unusually late doctors appointment  Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:26 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: So did he get his cast off? Or does he just have an unusually late doctors appointment  Mellow

Haha it's off and you know he is at home griping a ball while playing with his kid.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:53 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: There's always going to be some differences. AJ will like certain routes better. He'll probably check down more. He holds the ball longer. He may be more confused by disguised coverages.

If McCarron plays, he really likes the TEs and doesn't throw to AJ Green nearly as much (Green has 10 catches for 128 yards in Mac's 3 starts). The Broncos single covered AJ. Maybe the Steelers would do the same if Mac starts. 

I don't think the Steelers will play it the same regardless of who plays.

Exactly. No way they play the same.  Having to deal with a QB that can read defenses and has the entire playbook he can audible to at his disposal is huge. Andy can do that, AJ can't. It changes the whole dynamic and certainly would change how a team prepares. 

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 07:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's a playoff game. It would benefit the Bengals to make the Steelers prep for 2 QBs.

Nailed it
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 08:37 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Exactly. No way they play the same.  Having to deal with a QB that can read defenses and has the entire playbook he can audible to at his disposal is huge. Andy can do that, AJ can't. It changes the whole dynamic and certainly would change how a team prepares. 

AJ's best attribute is reading defenses.

How many INts has this kid thrown as a starter.

Folks just quit making things up. The 2 QBs have very similar games. AJ has actually upped his propensity to pull it down and run to make their games even more similar.

Is Aj currently a better QB than Andy? No

Do they have a similar game? Yes  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2016, 09:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: AJ's best attribute is reading defenses.

How many INts has this kid thrown as a starter.

Folks just quit making things up. The 2 QBs have very similar games. AJ has actually upped his propensity to pull it down and run to make their games even more similar.

Is Aj currently a better QB than Andy? No

Do they have a similar game? Yes  

Is it? Is that why he doesn't  really know what to do with zone defenses? Is that why he struggles getting the ball out fast enough when teams blitz? Why does he take way more sacks than Andy did with the same oline? In my opinion it's because he's just not quite sure. All things considered he's played well,  but please PLEASE don't argue that reading defenses and knowing exactly where to go with the ball is a strong suit. He needs serious work in that department. 

Reply/Quote