Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him"
(10-18-2016, 03:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Marvin: "I miss you so much Baby Huey, hold me I don't want this moment to end"
Hue: "I miss you too Chewey Lewey. Now show me how good you are with Baby Huey's Goalpost"

*click* *click*  *click*

Mike Brown sitting in corner of room with camera, "Marvin your looking like you've just earned yourself another year's extension"

[Image: 18w6qhlz25nl0jpg.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: thisis ridiculous.

Bengals have the #12 offense in the league despite missing Eifert and losing a WR to free agency that is leading the league in receiving yards.

In 2014 Bengals offense was #15 under Hue.

Whoa... We had Julio Jones? Wait you might be talking about the person with the 2nd most receiving yards... Greg Olsen? Hmm that doesn't sound right either... what about 3rd? A.J. Green? no... we didn't lose him... 4th - Amari Cooper? that doesn't sound right.... 5th? Odell Beckham that's a no also...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:58 PM)J24 Wrote: I miss 2015 all together prince was still alive and the Bengals were good of course the cavs did win the championship so 2016 hasn't been that bad.

Except Cleveland gets to be the one to celebrate a championship, not Cincinnati. Ugh.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:47 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: 29th may be optimistic:

“The loss of Jackson might not be the only reason the Bengals are struggling this year, but it’s among them. They were seventh in the league in scoring last year and are 30th now, and Andy Dalton’s passer rating is off nearly 10 points (106.3 to 97.2).”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/18/marvin-lewis-on-hue-jackson-i-miss-the-hell-out-of-him/
[url=http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/18/marvin-lewis-on-hue-jackson-i-miss-the-hell-out-of-him/][/url]

Not that one spot matters, but they are actually 29th. Dont know where they got 30th from. 

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2016/#all_team_stats   (best free stat site out there)

Regardless they have been one of the worst scoring offenses in the league through six games.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Marvin and Hue this Sunday:

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Whoa... We had Julio Jones? Wait you might be talking about the person with the 2nd most receiving yards... Greg Olsen? Hmm that doesn't sound right either... what about 3rd? A.J. Green? no... we didn't lose him... 4th - Amari Cooper? that doesn't sound right.... 5th? Odell Beckham that's a no also...

LOL, yea the Marvin Jones references were getting annoying big time when he was atop the NFL leaders in rec. yards for all of a half-hour.  
Reply/Quote
We regret seeing Zimmer in Minny, and we're going to regret having let Hue go to Cleveland.

Jackson was the only prospective head coach that inspired some confidence for the future. I'm back to fearing who might replace Marvin if he finally gives up/gets the boot this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:15 PM)JumboTron Wrote: LOL, yea the Marvin Jones references were getting annoying big time when he was atop the NFL leaders in rec. yards for all of a half-hour.  

Marv Jones is fool's gold, IMO. He's getting a ton of targets in a high volume passing attack. Golden Tate has inexplicably fallen off (even got benched) and they really have no one else. Someone has to catch all those passes. I still view him as a low end 1 or solid #2 WR. Not a top tier guy though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marv Jones is fool's gold, IMO. He's getting a ton of targets in a high volume passing attack. Golden Tate has inexplicably fallen off (even got benched) and they really have no one else. Someone has to catch all those passes. I still view him as a low end 1 or solid #2 WR. Not a top tier guy though.

Agreed, the guy can stretch the field well and that type of WR works perfectly with a QB who loves just to sit back and heave the ball down the field (Stafford). I mean I don't think the Lions have ever implemented a passing strategy that isn't right out of the backyard pickup game tactic of: "Go long, but avoid the street".  

I still think he was a relatively significant loss for us, like you said he is a perfect complimentary wideout, but a number one?  I don't see it as of right now.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:15 PM)JumboTron Wrote: LOL, yea the Marvin Jones references were getting annoying big time when he was atop the NFL leaders in rec. yards for all of a half-hour.  

(10-18-2016, 05:23 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Marv Jones is fool's gold, IMO. He's getting a ton of targets in a high volume passing attack. Golden Tate has inexplicably fallen off (even got benched) and they really have no one else. Someone has to catch all those passes. I still view him as a low end 1 or solid #2 WR. Not a top tier guy though.

Yep. Jones had a great first 3 weeks but his last 3 weeks have been pretty bad. He's only had about 120 yards and 2 TDs combined his last 3 games. I hope he gets back on track, but it looks like defenses have already figured him out after his big 200 yard 2 TD game against Green Bay.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 05:06 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Marvin and Hue this Sunday:

Which one is which?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 06:37 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Which one is which?

Marvin is Champ, Hue is Ron.  Big Grin
Reply/Quote

Bengals have the #12 offense in the league despite missing Eifert and losing a WR to free agency that is leading the league in receiving yards.

I think you meant the #29 offense.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame

And we were the 7th ranked offense in 2015.
Reply/Quote
We don't score points and we give up mass points I'm not even confident that Cleveland is a sure win we are lost as a team and need a coaching overhaul you'd think 14 seasons and no playoff wins it'd be more obvious
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:18 PM)GodFather Wrote: Marvin: "I miss you so much Baby Huey, hold me I don't want this moment to end"
Hue: "I miss you too Chewey Lewey. Now show me how good you are with Baby Huey's Goalpost"

*click* *click*  *click*

Mike Brown sitting in corner of room with camera, "Marvin your looking like you've just earned yourself another year's extension"

Finally, Bengal fan fiction!

[Image: giphy.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote

Fred, I'll do a sig bet with you that Zampese doesn't lead this offense to 15th or better in points per game. Hue did it with Eifert and Jones missing the whole year, and Green injured a lot of the year. If Zampese is anywhere close to as good as you act like he is he will turn it around and get 15th or better. We don't have just Sanu and Little with Green helping out when he's healthy. We have a healthy Green, LaFell, Boyd, and Eifert when he gets back. I know you won't take the bet though, and even if you did you would probably back out of it.
Reply/Quote

*click* *click*  *click*

(10-18-2016, 07:43 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Finally, Bengal fan fiction!

[Image: giphy.gif]

Clearly a piece of Fantasy work.

No giggling from Marvin and Mike Brown being able to use a camera was a nice touch.

Do I smell screen play?

[Image: th?id=OIP.M5f3447489d7266475bbd42a05de67...=272&h=154]
[Image: th?id=OIP.M7dfa26a55ea3c7c3e3535e1e6ec30...=204&h=159]
[Image: th?id=OIP.Md669be95fc8f00bda1a95fc524c14...=196&h=166]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
That's Marvin screaming at the top of his lungs we need to can this clown ! But I'd bet he would have to get Mikeys ok and knows it ain't gonna happen.

Zampese is not an NFL caliber OC, he just doesn't have "it"
Reply/Quote

Would be interested in "strength of schedule " stats as well when making this rebuttal.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 04:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: [Image: 18w6qhlz25nl0jpg.jpg]

ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote