Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin on Hue: "I miss the hell out of him"
I miss Hue too and to think Marvin was eventually going to let Hue take his place. I kind of hope the Browns fire Hue midseason
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Marvin: "I miss the hell out of Hue."
Hue: "I miss the hell out of Andy Dalton."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:06 PM)Trademark Wrote: I miss Hue too and to think Marvin was eventually going to let Hue take his place. I kind of hope the Browns fire Hue midseason

Not going to happen though.  It's been a revolving door up there for coaches (Schurmer, Chudzinski, Pettine) they are looking for stability for the first time under the Haslam ownership era, and believe it or not, the Browns have been somewhat competitive in all of their games outside of the NE match-up.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not cherry picking.  Just comparing Hue's first season as Bengals OC with Zampese's.

Do you think Hue should have been fired after the '14 season?

Nah - we were winning games then so a middle ground offense wasn't so glaring.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Marvin: "I miss you so much Baby Huey, hold me I don't want this moment to end"
Hue: "I miss you too Chewey Lewey. Now show me how good you are with Baby Huey's Goalpost"

*click* *click* *click*

Mike Brown sitting in corner of room with camera, "Marvin your looking like you've just earned yourself another year's extension"
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: thisis ridiculous.

Bengals have the #12 offense in the league despite missing Eifert and losing a WR to free agency that is leading the league in receiving yards.

In 2014 Bengals offense was #15 under Hue.

No, you're right.  A team that ranks 29th in points per game, has been held to 17 or less in 4 of 6 games, and whose season high is 22 points, is definitely fine offensively.  There's no problem there whatsoever.

And who cares if the fact that some teams have had byes and some teams haven't affects yardage totals, use them anyways.  And who cares if playing from behind usually leads to more yards (Garbage time/Soft coverage), let's focus on that.

Nope, this team has definitely seen little to drop-off offensively.  They're just fine.  The offense has nothing to do with us being 0-4 against playoff caliber teams.  Nothing to see here at all.

So since we got the offense out of the way, who do you blame for our lackluster results?  Be specific.  If Zampese's offense isn't a problem then I guess we move on to Gunther or Marvin, right.  Or what about Paul Alexander?  You tell me.  But I'm going to guess that you'll somehow sidestep that conversation all together.  And in fact, if we were to have a thread about those areas you'd supply the same twisted facts to support that no one is ever to blame.

Everything is ok, guys.  We're 12th in yards. (Can't wait to see that banner: 2016 Cincinnati Bengals, 12th in yards through week 6.)  It's fine.  Move along. Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: But Lafell is outproducing MLJ here I thought? Smirk

omfg. that's great.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: So since we got the offense out of the way, who do you blame for our lackluster results?  Be specific.  

*crickets*

*crickets*

*crickets*
Reply/Quote
Easy to be 12th in yards if you drive all the way down the field and stall at a high clip. And when behind a lot.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:51 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Well Marvin, you could have had him this year and, I believe, still have control of the team as well.  How?

By going to Brown, offering to step down and let Hue take the HC, being the future, and offering himself to the GM position.

I don't believe for a second that if Lewis had gone to Brown with that offer, Brown wouldn't have jumped on it.  We know how Brown feels about Lewis, and all indications I could uncover tells me he really liked Hue Jackson as well!!

Marvin has no front office experience, is terrible at public relations, and I don't believe is at all involved in contract negotiations or the business side of football.  Why do people think he would be a natural GM?

I disagree about Brown even accepting the idea.  I think he likes having the GM title and doubt his ego would let him relinquish it.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 02:31 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They are also 29th in scoring right now, finished 7th last year. And the Browns are 26th to put it in some perspective.

29th may be optimistic:

“The loss of Jackson might not be the only reason the Bengals are struggling this year, but it’s among them. They were seventh in the league in scoring last year and are 30th now, and Andy Dalton’s passer rating is off nearly 10 points (106.3 to 97.2).”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/18/marvin-lewis-on-hue-jackson-i-miss-the-hell-out-of-him/
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 01:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If you read between the lines, this is as close to a condemnation of Zampese as your going to get from Marv.

Maybe Zamp is on the hotseat?
Reply/Quote
My prediction for Sundays game: Bengals - 396 yards Browns - 272 yards.

What's that, the winner is determined by who scores the most points? Well, shucks. I always thought you judged a team by how many yards they had?

Are you telling me that a offense that marches 74 yards down the field, and kicks a field goal, isn't better than a team that goes 55 yards and scores TD? That's just crazy talk. 74 yards > 55 yards. Case closed. Only an idiot values a TD over a FG.

We have the 12th best offense in the NFL. Period.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:33 PM)TGISunday Wrote: Easy to be 12th in yards if you drive all the way down the field and stall at a high clip. And when behind a lot.

We all value yards over points.  Give me FG's over TD's as long as we're racking up the yardage.  Yardage puts asses in the seats, and puts rings on fingers.  Points are for suckers. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:49 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Maybe Zamp is on the hotseat?

The definition of hotseat in Cincinnati is only after Marvin eats a bowl of chili and lets em rip, only to have the person sit in the same place Marvin did be on the hotseat!
Reply/Quote
I miss 2015 all together prince was still alive and the Bengals were good of course the cavs did win the championship so 2016 hasn't been that bad.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:56 PM)GodFather Wrote: The definition of hotseat in Cincinnati is only after Marvin eats a bowl of chili and lets em rip, only to have the person sit in the same place Marvin did be on the hotseat!

Shocked
Reply/Quote
we have not lost games because of the OC- though I am sick of running on first down even 50% of the time and usually getting 2 yards at most.

( Let's make sure we run for no gain on first down and piut Andy in the worst possible position behind our below average O line)

we have lost these games because are two lines have been dominated and outplayed.

I think losing the kid from Baylor at DT to a pre-season injury really hurt this team. Peko needs to retire- as much as I love the guy and appreciate all he has done for the Bengals.

Geno not playing at the level we expected.

MJ has been below average.

We have all talked about o line. RT is a rookie and I will never ever understand why Paul Alexander has completely screwed our center position since 2005-06 seasons.

I also do not understand why Marvin has not gotten players like Burfict and Adam Jones under control. Huge failing that has nothing to do with Hugh Jackson being in Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we have not lost games because of the OC- though I am sick of running on first down even 50% of the time and usually getting 2 yards at most.

( Let's make sure we run for no gain on first down and piut Andy in the worst possible position behind our below average O line)

we have lost these games because are two lines have been dominated and outplayed.

I think losing the kid from Baylor at DT to a pre-season injury really hurt this team. Peko needs to retire- as much as I love the guy and appreciate all he has done for the Bengals.

Geno not playing at the level we expected.

MJ has been below average.

We have all talked about o line. RT is a rookie and I will never ever understand why Paul Alexander has completely screwed our center position since 2005-06 seasons.

I also do not understand why Marvin has not gotten players like Burfict and Adam Jones under control. Huge failing that has nothing to do with Hugh Jackson being in Cleveland.

Have to agree with pretty much all of this.

Need to pass more on 1st down.

Sims should definately be playing ahead of Peko and losing Billings hurt.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2016, 03:59 PM)bengals67 Wrote: we have not lost games because of the OC- though I am sick of running on first down even 50% of the time and usually getting 2 yards at most.

The OC is, at least somewhat, responsible for the play of his OL.  Anyone and anything that falls under the umbrella of offense falls under the command of the OC.  If he didn't share any responsibility in their performance then logic would hold true with every single position group.  Passing game does nothing?  Don't blame the OC, blame the QB coach and WR coach.

It's his responsibility to put all of his guys in the best position he can to succeed.  That may mean certain plays or schemes to take advantage of personnel.  It may mean a gameplan that minimizes certain weaknesses, or maximizes certain strengths.

At the end of the day, it's him job to use the players he's been given to produce the very best that he can.  Sometimes that might require some creativity and adjustment.  If something isn't working you either fix it or you find another way to do it.  I don't think that's happening as much as it should be.

We have no offensive identity.  The playcalling looks more reactionary than us dictating our will.  There doesn't seem to be a whole of consistency in what we do.  Simply put, just watching this offense tells me that he's not doing  a great job.  And the statistics back it up.
Reply/Quote