Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin only coaching to allow his son Marcus to get another year in
I love it and hate it. Im so happy hes getting his son involved in coaching for the past 3 years but we dont need a 4th.

PFT article.. that dumb rumor from Chris Cooley ( chris cooley, needs rumors for more clicks, watches, and listens)

In the middle of the article it talks about MARCUS LEWIS, in caps so bengals board users know who im speaking of.

Does he know his dad needs to step out of the way? No he wants to stay on staff and earn that big money.....thousands.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/27/report-marvin-lewis-plans-to-return-next-year/

so basically the Lewis' are stealing money from the Bengals to make MARVIN and MARCUS more money.easy peezay.
he wont be back next year so what else is this? STEALING. Hook his son up. Brown should fire everyone
Reply/Quote
[Image: oj18R.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:19 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I love it and hate it. Im so happy hes getting his son involved in coaching for the past 3 years but we dont need a 4th.

PFT article.. that dumb rumor from Chris Cooley ( chris cooley, needs rumors for more clicks, watches, and listens)

In the middle of the article it talks about MARCUS LEWIS, in caps so bengals board users know who im speaking of.

Does he know his dad needs to step out of the way? No he wants to stay on staff and earn that big money.....thousands.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/27/report-marvin-lewis-plans-to-return-next-year/

so basically the Lewis' are stealing money from the Bengals to make MARVIN and MARCUS more money.easy peezay.
he wont be back next year so what else is this? STEALING. Hook his son up. Brown should fire everyone

[Image: raw]

You're saying someone is trying to use nepotism AGAINST the Brown family??

Bwahahahaha Hilarious :giggle: Hilarious   oh, this is ****ing awesome.  I really hope the irony is not lost on "The Family".

[Image: Hysterical-Laughing-Gif-13_zpsrlcfeopw.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I seriously despise Brown and this crappy organization. I'm about to root for a winning organization until Mike Brown is no longer in charge. Can't take much more of this cheapskate
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Yep, Marvin has become a chip off old Mikey's block over the years... Or maybe he's always been that way? No wonder Mike won't fire him.
Reply/Quote
So here's a conundrum to ponder. Say Marvin returns, the Bengals start the season healthy and stay healthy. Dalton now has a year with his recievers, and they come in and blow the place up. Not only do they make the playoffs, they win the Division, and get to the Conference playoffs, and lose. Does Bengaldom still call for his head, or does it then want NB to extend him once again????? 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 09:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So here's a conundrum to ponder. Say Marvin returns, the Bengals start the season healthy and stay healthy. Dalton now has a year with his recievers, and they come in and blow the place up. Not only do they make the playoffs, they win the Division, and get to the Conference playoffs, and lose. Does Bengaldom still call for his head, or does it then want NB to extend him once again????? 

Is this a serious question? He's been here over a decade without winning a single PO game. Dude is here until he wants to leave, winning a playoff game or not. but if he wins one, it will be name your price and time type thing vs these one year prove it deals, you know where he doesn't prove it.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 02:19 AM)Alleyviper13 Wrote: I love it and hate it. Im so happy hes getting his son involved in coaching for the past 3 years but we dont need a 4th.

Not stealing money from Bengals. They don't want to pay for another coach or allow new coach to fire staff.

Insanity on the part of Bengals and insanity on my part to give a dam about this ridiculous organization
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 10:40 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Is this a serious question? He's been here over a decade without winning a single PO game. Dude is here until he wants to leave, winning a playoff game or not. but if he wins one, it will be name your price and time type thing vs these one year prove it deals, you know where he doesn't prove it.

What if he wins a playoff game?

You would want him back then, correct?  Winning a playoff game seems to be all everyone here wants.  So if he wins one you guys will want him back, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 11:57 AM)fredtoast Wrote: What if he wins a playoff game?

You would want him back then, correct?  Winning a playoff game seems to be all everyone here wants.  So if he wins one you guys will want him back, right?

I wouldn't. It's Superbowl or bust for Marvin at this point. A playoff win would be nice, but we both know we'll just be stuck at 2 and done for the next decade. Marvin is stale here. His message falls on deaf ears. Marvin's had ample opportunity to win a playoff game in his time here. I doubt seriously he'll stumble into one next season.

Marvin is the new Jeff Fisher of the league. We need an innovative coach, with 21 century football savvy. Marvin's 20th century too kind to run the score up game management can't win in this era. And it certainly can't win a playoff game. All it's gotten him is blown out by more ruthless Head Coaches (whose Owners demand helmets on a platter) who go on to later win Superbowls.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

I have a feeling (but I had it last year  Sick) that if and when the Bengals win that first playoff game, they will go on a roll and win the whole thing.  

If Marv wins next year at least one playoff game, yes, I want him back.  I see the changes at OC really hurting this team and a new HC would have all of these players trying to adapt to a new system, unless the HC is Guenther....in which case there isn't enough change because Alexander and Zamp would also likely be retained.

Everyone is targeting Marv with their hate because he just seems to take it like it doesn't matter.  He still hasn't figured out in 14 years how to run a 2 minute offense, and the horrible officiating never gets a peep out of him.  Those are just a few reasons why people target Marv.

I am as frustrated as anyone, but I always try to believe that there is a reason for everything and maybe, just maybe this team will work harder this offseason and come back stronger and more determined.  
Reply/Quote
This next game with all of the injuries should have minimal impact on anyone's decision of Marvin.

Personally, I think he'll be just fine and will have the guys ready for next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:16 PM)jj22 Wrote:  Marvin's 20th century too kind to run the score up game management can't win in this era.

This just is not true at all.

How many games has Marvin lost because he sat on a big lead?
Reply/Quote
I don't know but the eye test tells me that Marvin is too respectful of coaches around the league and needs to keep his foot on the accelerator more. Those same coaches if given a chance wouldn't (and haven't) show him any mercy. We've been blown out by all the good veteran coaches. Made fools of.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote

No, I would not.  If they go all the way and finally bring a trophy to Cincinnati, then sure keep him.  But one playoff win isn't enough in my book.
Reply/Quote

No.

If the scenario is Marvin Lewis at 1-8 in the playoffs, I still want Marvin Lewis gone. I wanted him gone in 2008 when two games into the season it was obvious he didn't know how to adjust. (I think it was the second game, the one with the wind where Kerry "Career Backup" Collins made it look like we didn't have a defense). Teams had seen everything we had to offer, they knew who we were and what worked/didn't work against us. And Marvin just blinked and did the same ol' stuff. It got better the next year as — at least on defense — we got some new looks with Zimmer coming on.

But I'd already made up my mind: Marvin Lewis was a crappy coach because he doesn't know how to respond when something doesn't work out as planned.

Winning one or two playoff games doesn't make any difference. I wanted him gone in 2009 when we were 1st in the AFCN as much as I wanted him gone when we were 4-12 in 2010 or 4-11-1 in 2008. He's inept, incompetent and only still a head coach because the Bengals have an insane sense of (undeserved in Marvin's case) loyalty. Even if Marvin got out of his own way next year and the Bengals went to the Super Bowl... I'd still want the guy gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:46 PM)jj22 Wrote: I don't know but the eye test tells me that Marvin is too respectful of coaches around the league and needs to keep his foot on the accelerator more. Those same coaches if given a chance wouldn't (and haven't) show him any mercy. We've been blown out by all the good veteran coaches.  Made fools of.

Sure makes you miss the days when the head coach was such a spiteful bastard (in a good way) that he called for an onside kick with a 45-point lead... at the end of the game.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 01:06 PM)Benton Wrote: No.

If the scenario is Marvin Lewis at 1-8 in the playoffs, I still want Marvin Lewis gone. I wanted him gone in 2008 when two games into the season it was obvious he didn't know how to adjust. (I think it was the second game, the one with the wind where Kerry "Career Backup" Collins made it look like we didn't have a defense). Teams had seen everything we had to offer, they knew who we were and what worked/didn't work against us. And Marvin just blinked and did the same ol' stuff. It got better the next year as — at least on defense — we got some new looks with Zimmer coming on.

But I'd already made up my mind: Marvin Lewis was a crappy coach because he doesn't know how to respond when something doesn't work out as planned.

Winning one or two playoff games doesn't make any difference. I wanted him gone in 2009 when we were 1st in the AFCN as much as I wanted him gone when we were 4-12 in 2010 or 4-11-1 in 2008. He's inept, incompetent and only still a head coach because the Bengals have an insane sense of (undeserved in Marvin's case) loyalty. Even if Marvin got out of his own way next year and the Bengals went to the Super Bowl... I'd still want the guy gone.

2008 was my last year as a season ticket holder for much of what you posted here. That was when it became obvious to me that Marvin would never develop into the Forrest Gregg/Sam Wyche type of discipline/creative coach I'd like and support. Whether he possessed those qualities or not became moot, as he never seemed to get off the fence and inspire them in his team. Credit is certainly owed to him for getting the org back on its feet. 

He got the Lumina back on the road. Now we need a Ferrari to win the race.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Correct, if he wins one single playoff game I would have not be so upset. At least he would show that he can change and get better, or at the very lest trip into good luck. The worst part about the last 5 years is it's almost the same, exact thing year after year. Seriously. I honestly can't say what I've seen Marv get better at as a coach last 5 years.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2016, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This just is not true at all.

How many games has Marvin lost because he sat on a big lead?

A better question would probably be:

How many second half points has he scored?
Reply/Quote