Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin opens up about his future
(12-14-2017, 11:51 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: I think Marvin will be a good front office hire in the future.
People keep saying that, but what makes anyone believe that he'd be good in a front office?  What does being a head coach have to do with being in a front office?  You think he can find talent?  Then he might be a good scout, but does he know anything about the business side of things that would be required in a front office position?  Does he know about writing contracts or prices of tickets or media deals or anything?

I don't even think he'd be a good scout or anything with player personnel because the game has changed since he knew players and he has shown no indications that he has adapted.
(12-14-2017, 12:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I wonder how Marvin would do as a defensive coordinator or LB coach again. Or if he would even want to.
People ask that, but the game has changed, and how much of what he did as a coordinator in Baltimore can be credited to him and not to having a defense stacked with talent and a murderer?
(12-14-2017, 04:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I disagree. In many ways, you need someone aggressive in the FO too. Marvin doesnt fit the bill. We need fire in the FO. 
Exactly.  How would he even talk free agents or draft picks into wanting to come here?

Player:  "What's going on in Cincinnati that should make me want to play for the team?"

Marvin, after giggling:  "Well, we're doing a lot of good things here and it's a process."

Player:  "NEXT."
(12-14-2017, 06:22 PM)Derrick Wrote: How would we know that Marvin is competent on the defensive side of the ball? He had outstanding players on D in Baltimore. Not a shot at you, but I am taking aim at Marvy.

That's what I keep saying.  He lucked into a situation that was pretty much impossible to screw up.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree Utts, looks pretty obvious if you watch this season.

He is tired of talking to the media. Dude just looks tired and it has reflected on the entire team.

Cannot wait to bring in someone fresh. All of us need an energy boost.

I would promote Marvin to GM and put him in charge of the Head coach search. But if I were Marvin I would not return. I would be too embarrassed.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:50 PM)Antares Wrote: I would promote Marvin to GM and put him in charge of the Head coach search. But if I were Marvin I would not return. I would be too embarrassed.

That ship has sailed. I wanted us to make Marv GM and Zimmer coach before Zim went to the Vikes.

Marv just doesn't look enthused about football anymore. Lets just move on, maybe he will become a coach for the Steelers
and bring that boring, tired, giggle enthusiasm to his favorite team and they will slowly fall into the Marv sludge.
Reply/Quote
Fingers crossed that was an admission and he is moving on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That ship has sailed. I wanted us to make Marv GM and Zimmer coach before Zim went to the Vikes.

Marv just doesn't look enthused about football anymore. Lets just move on, maybe he will become a coach for the Steelers
and bring that boring, tired, giggle enthusiasm to his favorite team and they will slowly fall into the Marv sludge.

God that's be awesome...

But at the same time, watch him win multiple rings as the Pittsburgh DC or linebacker coach. That's just how our luck (well, mine at least) would roll  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:29 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: God that's be awesome...

But at the same time, watch him win multiple rings as the Pittsburgh DC or linebacker coach. That's just how our luck (well, mine at least) would roll  Whatever

Our luck has to change sometime Pat. ThumbsUp

It is mathematically impossible for it to always be this shitty lol
Reply/Quote

At this point, I'm pretty sure that the Steelahs are not interested in any coaching changes.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Our luck has to change sometime Pat. ThumbsUp

It is mathematically impossible for it to always be this shitty lol

I'm afraid Mike would just hear that as a challenge.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:50 PM)Antares Wrote: I would promote Marvin to GM and put him in charge of the Head coach search. But if I were Marvin I would not return. I would be too embarrassed.

He has nothing to be embarrassed about. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Exactly, Zim is a class act.

But he wouldn't hire Marv as his DC, Zim demands discipline from his players.

Man this is just disrespectful the guy turns around this peace of shit franchise and yet fans like you say disrespectful shit like this. The dude has a Superbowl Ring, the dude took a team that hadn't made the playoffs in the previous 13 seasons he wasn't here to 7 playoff appearances while he was, and he is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL.  Is it time to move on yeah but the guy should not be treated as trash either. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I disagree. In many ways, you need someone aggressive in the FO too. Marvin doesnt fit the bill. We need fire in the FO. 
*qualification on* - this is by no means a statement wishing anyone ill will

Unfortunately, the only person that can fire Mike Brown is God.

*qualification off*
Reply/Quote
its odd, as much as I want him gone (badly), I will be a little upset when hes gone.

I didn't start watching football until 2003ish, so ML Bengals are the only Bengals that I know. Not saying I'm going to want him back.

A little scared for the Bengals future. I am so used to mediocre bengals that it's going to be a little freighting to see where they head.

Oh well, I'm ready for it.

P.S. I don't think Marvin will be a DC, I think that he is qualified enough to be a HC, and don't think he will take a demotion. I think he would retire before that.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Man this is just disrespectful the guy turns around this peace of shit franchise and yet fans like you say disrespectful shit like this. The dude has a Superbowl Ring, the dude took a team that hadn't made the playoffs in the previous 13 seasons he wasn't here to 7 playoff appearances while he was, and he is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL.  Is it time to move on yeah but the guy should not be treated as trash either. 

Still trying to understand why you thought of all the disrespecful posts about Marvin Lewis, you pick this one out and nail me for it... Mellow

I didn't treat Marvin like trash.

All i said was Zim was a class act and that he demands discipline from his players.

Sorry the truth hurts, Zim would hire Guenther as his DC before Marvin.
Reply/Quote

He ain't going anywhere to be a position coach or coordinator, imo.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 08:43 PM)McC Wrote: He ain't going anywhere to be a position coach or coordinator, imo.  

Oh I agree. When he "retires" in the coming weeks, I think he'll legitimately retire from football
Reply/Quote
At this point Marvin should be thinking about his legacy. Get out gracefully, while the city still has an ounce of respect for him. I'll feel bad he never got that playoff win, after all these years. But he's not getting it. Here at least, so that time has come.

One more year of this and the next generation may refuse to speak his name.

I say he's gone and fans will give him a proper send off. Nobody denies what he did for the franchise, and we thank him for it.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: At this point Marvin should be thinking about his legacy. Get out gracefully, while the city still has an ounce of respect for him. I'll feel bad he never got that playoff win, after all these years. But he's not getting it. Here at least, so that time has come.

I say he's gone and fans will give him a proper send off. Nobody denies what he did for the franchise, and we thank him for it.

Well said, i feel the same. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: At this point Marvin should be thinking about his legacy. Get out gracefully, while the city still has an ounce of respect for him. I'll feel bad he never got that playoff win, after all these years. But he's not getting it. Here at least, so that time has come.

Agreed. You summed it up perfectly 
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is just total class !

How the hell he is not our HC is beyond me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Yep and really still would not mind if he became GM of Bengals 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote