Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin opens up about his future
(12-16-2017, 07:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Zimmer is just total class !

How the hell he is not our HC is beyond me.

Because Mike brown is a stubborn jackass, and Mike Zimmer is a stubborn jackass with football smarts. 

Unfortunately, it would be a match made in hell.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 09:42 PM)Utts Wrote: He has nothing to be embarrassed about. 

Change "nothing" to "a lot" and i completely agree.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I for one will not be crying the day that Marvin finally departs.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:17 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Idk? Sounds to me like another attempt to get us talking only to have nothing change. Why would Zimmer want Someone who lacks discipline in his locker room? It would be too risky to have Marvin around and damage the foundation he has established in Minnesota!

Hmmf Whatever , like when Marvin had the best defense in the league with the Super Bowl Ravens AND he was in their locker room!!!!
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:25 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: Man this is just disrespectful the guy turns around this peace of shit franchise and yet fans like you say disrespectful shit like this. The dude has a Superbowl Ring, the dude took a team that hadn't made the playoffs in the previous 13 seasons he wasn't here to 7 playoff appearances while he was, and he is one of the most respected coaches in the NFL.  Is it time to move on yeah but the guy should not be treated as trash either. 

I 100% agree with you. We still have Mike Brown :paul: and whoever comes here will be a loser and I think the 90's will come back and we won't even smell the playoffs. 

Our free agency policy won't change, it might get worse.

Players will want to flee out of here.

Mike Brown is still a cheap arse and won't get what players want like an indoor practice facility.

No, there is trouble ahead, it's the owner that needs to go away. 

If Marvin had an owner that cared, that had his back, he would have a different story this 15 years. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:23 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hmmf Whatever , like when Marvin had the best defense in the league with the Super Bowl Ravens AND he was in their locker room!!!!

That guy no longer exists.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 10:17 PM)jj22 Wrote: At this point Marvin should be thinking about his legacy. Get out gracefully, while the city still has an ounce of respect for him. I'll feel bad he never got that playoff win, after all these years. But he's not getting it. Here at least, so that time has come.

One more year of this and the next generation may refuse to speak his name.

I say he's gone and fans will give him a proper send off. Nobody denies what he did for the franchise, and we thank him for it.

Well said.

Because of Mike Brown, the next HC will be a loser with a loser franchise. We won't be a winning organization until Mike Brown is gone.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 09:42 PM)Utts Wrote: He has nothing to be embarrassed about. 

Have you been asleep for the past two years?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2017, 07:37 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Zimmer is just total class !

How the hell he is not our HC is beyond me.

Why don't you say that about Dallas, he should have been Dallas HC when  he was with that organization.

It was outstanding that Marvin recognized him as a DC and not Dallas as a HC. 
Reply/Quote
In the interest of fairness, when did Zim's defense ever make a difference in a playoff loss? No pass rush, couldn't stop the run, no turnovers...

Reply/Quote
Anybody remember Denny from the old boards. One of the "Bengal insiders"? According to his Twitter, he's "not so sure that Marvin is gone" Nervous
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:37 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: I 100% agree with you. We still have Mike Brown :paul: and whoever comes here will be a loser and I think the 90's will come back and we won't even smell the playoffs. 

Our free agency policy won't change, it might get worse.

Players will want to flee out of here.

Mike Brown is still a cheap arse and won't get what players want like an indoor practice facility.

No, there is trouble ahead, it's the owner that needs to go away. 

If Marvin had an owner that cared, that had his back, he would have a different story this 15 years.

I doubt it would be much different. While I agree that he has been handcuffed by Mike brown to some extent, even when Marv had some very talented rosters his team's still wilted under the pressure. Marvs teams have been consistently good (sometimes great) at 1:00, but 8-33 in Primetime, 0-7 in the playoffs, and an abysmal record against his hometown steelers... That's on coaching. Not on ownership.

Marv has no business being head coach if he consistently wilts under the pressure of big games. That cannot be ignored.

Mike brown very well make a horrible hire to replace Marv and it could drag us back to the 90's. However, Marv is a big part of the problem and not any part of the solution. 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:00 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: I doubt it would be much different. While I agree that he has been handcuffed by Mike brown to some extent, even when Marv had some very talented rosters his team's still wilted under the pressure. Marvs teams have been consistently good (sometimes great) at 1:00, but 8-33 in Primetime, 0-7 in the playoffs, and an abysmal record against his hometown steelers... That's on coaching. Not on ownership.

Marv has no business being head coach if he consistently wilts under the pressure of big games. That cannot be ignored.

Mike brown very well make a horrible hire to replace Marv and it could drag us back to the 90's. However, Marv is a big part of the problem and not any part of the solution. 

Couldn't agree more.  What Marvin has done is added his bad thinking to the FO's bad thinking and made a mess of the whole thing.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:55 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Anybody remember Denny from the old boards. One of the "Bengal insiders"? According to his Twitter, he's "not so sure that Marvin is gone" Nervous

He's just trying to piss people off, a thing which he greatly enjoyed.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:55 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Anybody remember Denny from the old boards. One of the "Bengal insiders"? According to his Twitter, he's "not so sure that Marvin is gone" Nervous

Dear God, what if that ass-kisser is right?  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:12 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: Dear God, what if that ass-kisser is right?  

Well, as they say, there is a first time for everything.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 11:12 AM)McC Wrote: He's just trying to piss people off, a thing which he greatly enjoyed.

Well I don't know if it necessarily pissed me off but it has made me a bit nervous...

But true. What else would Denny say? He was the biggest Marvin/Bratkowski/Bresnahan homer on that board (besides Fred). Always stuck up for those guys and was always right there to fill us with lies and false hope  Whatever

Talk about a grand delusion... If he's right, that'll be the end. They won't (and shouldn't) sell any tickets next year. Hopefully Mike brown realized that... His precious $$$ is in jeopardy 
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:50 AM)McC Wrote: In the interest of fairness, when did Zim's defense ever make a difference in a playoff loss?  No pass rush, couldn't stop the run, no turnovers...

You are correct. It was all on the offense and its incompetence to put points on the board.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Dirk Koetter will be available.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 10:23 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Hmmf Whatever , like when Marvin had the best defense in the league with the Super Bowl Ravens AND he was in their locker room!!!!

(12-17-2017, 10:40 AM)McC Wrote: That guy no longer exists.

DingDing

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote