Marvin's Presser: “I want to coach football”
Fresh from Marvin's presser:

Reply/Quote
I’d love to play poker against Marv.
Reply/Quote
[Image: Surprised-animated-black-and-white.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fresh from Marvin's presser:

Merv, dude, if you want to avoid these questions: JUST F***ING LIE ALREADY! He's clearly trying to be honest, but in doing so, he's being 'political' with his answers. What this does, however, is basically tell us the things he's trying to avoid telling us. So, just f***ing lie, Merv. Say you still want to be here, say you want to coach for the Bengals past this year, say you're looking into where the report comes from. Who cares if none of that is true? Just SAY IT and watch as the narrative shifts away from you (so to speak).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
It is time for Marvin to move on.

He did a decent job under bad circumstances but his record against Steelers, in playoffs and in prime time is just not acceptable, has not been acceptable for more than several years, and would not have been accepted by any other pro team or college team.

The main problem with organization is Mike Brown.  Almost everyone on this board and in Cincinnati knows this.

Absent the reincarnation of Paul Brown or Mike completely giving things over to someone else ( should be a professional GM- not Katie) we are kidding ourselves if we think the organization ever has a chance of winning a Super bowl

Until or unless they move to a bigger market and make a whole lot more money so the family has extra bucks to do what is right, don't expect the team to become Steeler-like with management comparable to the Rooney family.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fresh from Marvin's presser:

What are the Vegas odds a reporter loses their shit and knee caps Marvin during the next press conference?
Reply/Quote
I appreciate the beauty of Elise Jesse and Aly Cohen.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Merv, dude, if you want to avoid these questions: JUST F***ING LIE ALREADY! He's clearly trying to be honest, but in doing so, he's being 'political' with his answers. What this does, however, is basically tell us the things he's trying to avoid telling us. So, just f***ing lie, Merv. Say you still want to be here, say you want to coach for the Bengals past this year, say you're looking into where the report comes from. Who cares if none of that is true? Just SAY IT and watch as the narrative shifts away from you (so to speak).

A lie by omission is still a lie and he is lying his ass off.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:55 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Merv, dude, if you want to avoid these questions: JUST F***ING LIE ALREADY! He's clearly trying to be honest, but in doing so, he's being 'political' with his answers. What this does, however, is basically tell us the things he's trying to avoid telling us. So, just f***ing lie, Merv. Say you still want to be here, say you want to coach for the Bengals past this year, say you're looking into where the report comes from. Who cares if none of that is true? Just SAY IT and watch as the narrative shifts away from you (so to speak).

Or...he's just being an ass and screwing with the media.

This is the same guy that said the players didn't see the news because, 'They aren't looking at anything to do with the NFL'.
Reply/Quote
He belongs in a Pittsburgh dumpster.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, this would all be wrong.  He isn't trying to be honest, he's avoiding the questions and being an asshat in the process.  YOU TELL THE TRUTH.  Be a man and a professional and just level with people.  Hell, if you'd done that days or weeks ago, then this team wouldn't be looking so hopelessly stupid and clueless at this point.  Well, maybe less so, this is the Bengals and Mike Brown, after all.

Level with the coaches who work for you, and who don't now if they'll have a new HC or have to go job hunting.  Level with the players who lay their asses on the line for you every week and deserve to be treated like professionals.  Level with the media who have never done anything but toss softballs at your sorry ass for fifteen years, acknowledging that if you worked in just about any other media market, they would not have put up with your stupid shit for so long.  Level with the community that built you the building you work in.  Level with th fans who are hungry for a winner and most decidedly deserve one.  

We have enough opportunistic politicians lying to us for their own gains.  FFS, tell the God damn truth.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:59 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I appreciate the beauty of Elise Jesse and Aly Cohen.

When I sold cars, Elise Jesse put in an internet inquiry for a Murano :o

I could never get her in the store, though. Nervous
Reply/Quote
Why didn"t he coach this year then? Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:16 PM)Gohards Wrote: When I sold cars, Elise Jesse put in an internet inquiry for a Murano :o

I could never get her in the store, though. Nervous

I'm guessing that selling cars didn't work out for you? 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Marvin, we'd love for you to coach football, too.

Shake it up and give it a try next week.
Reply/Quote
Marvin's Presser:

I did NOT bet on baseball.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Marvin, we'd love for you to coach football, too.

He's gonna go home and watch Remember the Titans, Any given Sunday, we are Marshall, and North Dallas Forty and come back and give it a try.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm guessing that selling cars didn't work out for you? 

I sold cars for 3 years and almost made 70k one year. Internet inquires have a closing ratio of under 5% nationwide. Cant get everyone in the store.

Btw, marvin lewis WILL be a HC next year. He took a team with one of the worst front offices to the playoffs 7/15 years. He is qualified to be a HC
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:42 PM)Benton Wrote: Marvin, we'd love for you to coach football, too.

Hilarious
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:13 PM)Gohards Wrote: I sold cars for 3 years and almost made 70k one year. Internet inquires have a closing ratio of under 5% nationwide. Cant get everyone in the store.

Btw, marvin lewis WILL be a HC next year. He took a team with one of the worst front offices to the playoffs 7/15 years. He is qualified to be a HC

With all due respect, what team is gonna see Marvin as their solution?  Yes, the FO suxx but Marvin failed in his own right too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote