Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin's Presser: “I want to coach football”
Ol Merv wants to coach football?  I guess it's never too late to start!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 09:19 PM)McC Wrote: With all due respect, what team is gonna see Marvin as their solution?  Yes, the FO suxx but Marvin failed in his own right too.

The NY Giants
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:24 PM)Gohards Wrote: The NY Giants

The NY spotlight?  Primetime Marv?  He'll melt, just be a puddle right there on MNF.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:06 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ol Merv wants to coach football?  I guess it's never too late to start!

You do know ol'Merv was voted loudest clapper in 1st grade!
When I read this, I had the same thought. Why start now?? Then I thought maybe Merv didn't have as much control as we thought?
Reply/Quote
You want to coach football? What's stopping you?

I know, I know. But all the good ones were taken.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
the whole team has quit on Lewis.........Marvin has done all he can do........he doesn't have the acumen to get them over the hump

Next !
Reply/Quote
Proof there’s not a lot of reading, prior to posting.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
Then coach somewhere else, dumbass!
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 07:16 PM)Gohards Wrote: When I sold cars, Elise Jesse put in an internet inquiry for a Murano :o

I could never get her in the store, though. Nervous

went to high school with her, she's very nice
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 10:24 PM)Gohards Wrote: The NY Giants

Bigger the market (typically) the bigger the pressure.

Marvin was mediocre in a small market with a ton of support from fans and management for several years. He took a slow and steady approach and nobody really got too upset about it until the last few years.

Big markets, it's like dog years. Whoever goes to NY will be expected to have them competing for a SB within two years. Marvin hasn't accomplished that in his entire career.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 01:01 AM)Utts Wrote: Proof there’s not a lot of reading, prior to posting.

I normally read and don’t post because everything had been said beforehand. I just went to a few threads and replied to the name of it quickly w/ out reading anything. Actually felt good. Don’t hate Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 02:25 AM)Cure4CF Wrote: I normally read and don’t post because everything had been said beforehand. I just went to a few threads and replied to the name of it quickly w/ out reading anything. Actually felt good.  Don’t hate Ninja

I dunno what he's talking about. I read the article....got so pissed off at Merv's smug arrogance, I wanted to post a sarcastic funny to take my, and others', mind off this dumbass.  

Now that he's out of the picture, we're on to Son of Paul.

Reply/Quote
(12-19-2017, 02:18 AM)Benton Wrote: Bigger the market (typically) the bigger the pressure.

Marvin was mediocre in a small market with a ton of support from fans and management for several years. He took a slow and steady approach and nobody really got too upset about it until the last few years.

Big markets, it's like dog years. Whoever goes to NY will be expected to have them competing for a SB within two years. Marvin hasn't accomplished that in his entire career.

Yeah.....he'd LITERALLY shit down his leg and into his shoes in NYC.  I don't think even their management team is that stupid.

Ya never know though ......

Reply/Quote
Sounds to me like he obviously wants to coach. What coach would willingly step away while making millions of dollars doing something only 32 people in the world gets to do? He's not under contract so it's not like he's stepping down. Sounds like he knows he isn't going to be offered an extension to be HC of the Bengals...maybe front office position. I dont think he's lying....but I dont think he wants to say hey MB isnt offering me a contract so **** him and hada yada. Its been a long relationship....why make things end badly.
Reply/Quote
Ask your buddy Hue if you can be his DC lol

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fresh from Marvin's presser:

This should be labeled the "Sure" press conference. From what a lot of the reporters said, all he was replying with was, "Sure."
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 08:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin's Presser:

I did NOT bet on baseball.

Merv's Presser:

I did not hit her, it's not true! It's bullshit! I did not hit her! I did naaawt! Oh, hai, Mike.

Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 05:46 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Fresh from Marvin's presser:

Okay, let's not gloss over this little or maybe not so little tidbit--

"If there things that were..."

If there were things that were different?  If there were things that were changed?  If there were things that were better?

Is this the 2010 thing all over again, where Marv has concessions he wants?

Reply/Quote