Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Marvin says report about him leaving is untrue.
Comon now Jim O, we know better than this!
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000893735/article/marvin-lewis-bengals-planning-to-mutually-part-ways
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:15 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Could you imagine the reactions if Mike came out tomorrow and announced that Marvin had been re-signed? LOL  Nervous Mellow

Hate to say it, but that's just what will likely happen except for the timing part of it..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:18 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: And there went my joy.

It’s like a lump of coal in my stocking.
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 07:23 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Honestly, I feel like this is just Marvin's way of saying FU to the fans and local media on his way out the door.  Whatever

That is exactly how it feels.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: True, the actions of the past 2 games speak louder than any words could.

LMAO  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I’m not upset with Marvin Lewis about the confusion with respect to his employment situation with the Bengals earlier today. The NFL, Pro Football Talk, and ESPN have much to answer for. They excel in spreading unconfirmed reports aka fake news.
Reply/Quote
Just yet another PR screw-up by Marvin and the franchise (screw-up that it wasleaked that he’s leaving) that they’re now trying to cover up by saying it’s false. They don’t want the players and fans just giving up on even trying to win the last games.

Even if it’s not true, he won’t come back because he has to be ashamed that people are celebrating this more than they celebrate their own weddings.
Reply/Quote
If this is true and he stays I don't think we'll ever get rid of him. I mean we could watch him get sandwiched between a bus and a semi and as they are about to bury him he'd pop out of the casket "Surprise bitches! I'll be here forever!" then he'd sign a contract extension with our salty tears.
Reply/Quote

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to realize if Marv will or will not be back next year.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 12:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: ..

You know you're my dude, but I love The Clash way too much to see them in any way used to describe Marvin.  And if there's a God in heaven, this won't even be Marvin's decision to make.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Sometimes in life,,, You just have to move on,,,, now can be Marvin's time
Reply/Quote
From Paul Dehner's article:

'Time to play the latest round of blame the media. This time Marvin Lewis throws ESPN’s Adam Schefter under the bus following his report that the Bengals head coach plans to walk away from the team following this season to pursue other opportunities.

It’s time to settle this. Don’t let this go on and leave everyone left to wonder.

Marvin and Mike Brown have their sitdown about these things the end of every season. Why wait? This season has ended and any headway is only momentum toward 2018 anyway. Like it or not, the cat is out of the bag. And he's relieving himself all over everyone's reputations. 

Have the sit down now, hash it all out, make the decision public and everybody move on.'

Have to agree with Paul here. Why drag this nonsense out? 
Reply/Quote
Video 

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Paul Dehner's article:

'Time to play the latest round of blame the media. This time Marvin Lewis throws ESPN’s Adam Schefter under the bus following his report that the Bengals head coach plans to walk away from the team following this season to pursue other opportunities.

It’s time to settle this. Don’t let this go on and leave everyone left to wonder.

Marvin and Mike Brown have their sitdown about these things the end of every season. Why wait? This season has ended and any headway is only momentum toward 2018 anyway. Like it or not, the cat is out of the bag. And he's relieving himself all over everyone's reputations. 

Have the sit down now, hash it all out, make the decision public and everybody move on.'

Because Bengals will Bengal.  Once a circus, always a circus.  Could it really happen any other way?

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2017, 02:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: From Paul Dehner's article:

Couldn't agree more with Dehner.
Reply/Quote
Marvin treats the media like trash. Of course the story about him is true. Hes leaving. Hes just trying to save face in front of his players and save embarrassment by lying about it.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Face it, we're NFL Bizarro World. Mike could write the ultimate handbook on how to run a franchise. Study every move he makes and do the opposite.

Goofy is really the only way this could ever go down. We are Fiasco, Inc.

Reply/Quote
(12-17-2017, 06:42 PM)McC Wrote: Of course he does.  This just gets more and more Bengal.

Wow. Can you imagine what an insult this would be to season ticket holders if they actually did bring Mavin back? If they think attendance was down this year, Wait till next year.
Reply/Quote