Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/allbengals-insiders-plus/marvin-lewis-shares-thoughts-joe-burrow-insight-mike-brown-desire-to-win

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Cool to hear from Marvin, thanks for sharing. In his own subtle ways, he still left a critical footprint on the franchise that I believe allowed Zac Taylor to inherit a healthier culture than Marvin himself did in 2003.
Reply/Quote
I know people love to hate on Marvin Lewis but he really brought the Bengals out of the Darkages into the 21st century. Especially after 2010 when I believe he took over as GM as well as Head Coach (no proof but it seemed like it). He started an analytics department he stole from his buddy Bill Belicheat. Got Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Paul Brown to invest in a world class weight training and rehab facility.

Have to say Thank you Marvin .
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I know people love to hate on Marvin Lewis but he really brought the Bengals out of the Darkages into the 21st century. Especially after 2010 when I believe he took over as GM as well as Head Coach (no proof but it seemed like it). He started an analytics department he stole from his buddy Bill Belicheat. Got Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Paul Brown to invest in a world class weight training and rehab facility.

The last few years, I was as hard on Marvin as anyone, but we do owe him gratitude for bringing us out of the abyss. The light at the end of that tunnel looked miles away for fifteen years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Good Article. Thanks for sharing.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2022, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I know people love to hate on Marvin Lewis but he really brought the Bengals out of the Darkages into the 21st century. Especially after 2010 when I believe he took over as GM as well as Head Coach (no proof but it seemed like it). He started an analytics department he stole from his buddy Bill Belicheat. Got Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Paul Brown to invest in a world class weight training and rehab facility.

The fact that he went to the Playoffs 6 out 7 seasons between 09-15  with Mike Brown as an owner is pretty impressive.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yes Marvin helped take those first steps to last Saturdays win. It was (past) time for him to go when he did but he accomplished a lot of great things when he was the Bengals coach.

You have to crawl before you walk and Marvin got this franchise to crawl so that now they can walk.
Reply/Quote
Marvin with Burrow and 7 shots in the playoffs would have gotten a ring here. Maybe 3.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I thought the part about Burrow hanging out with the Whitworth’s while he was rehabbing in LA was cool. Also Marvin is a classy guy and did a lot for the Bengals. He just could not get over the hump unfortunately.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Good article.
Reply/Quote
16 yrs.. wow, that went fast...
Reply/Quote
What Marvin really thinks: Where was all this spending in FA and luck with drafting QBs when I was there?!!
Reply/Quote
Thanks for sharing Wyche, gives us a sliver of insight.

Marvin stayed many years longer than he should have and that part has hurt him as well. It's sad that the stars never would line up for him for a myriad of reasons. But I wish him well for all he did do here.
Reply/Quote