Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown (/Thread-Marvin-shares-thoughts-on-Burrow-Mike-Brown)

Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-18-2022

https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/.amp/allbengals-insiders-plus/marvin-lewis-shares-thoughts-joe-burrow-insight-mike-brown-desire-to-win

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - JaggedJimmyJay - 01-18-2022

Cool to hear from Marvin, thanks for sharing. In his own subtle ways, he still left a critical footprint on the franchise that I believe allowed Zac Taylor to inherit a healthier culture than Marvin himself did in 2003.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Synric - 01-18-2022

I know people love to hate on Marvin Lewis but he really brought the Bengals out of the Darkages into the 21st century. Especially after 2010 when I believe he took over as GM as well as Head Coach (no proof but it seemed like it). He started an analytics department he stole from his buddy Bill Belicheat. Got Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Paul Brown to invest in a world class weight training and rehab facility.

Have to say Thank you Marvin .

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Wyche'sWarrior - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I know people love to hate on Marvin Lewis but he really brought the Bengals out of the Darkages into the 21st century. Especially after 2010 when I believe he took over as GM as well as Head Coach (no proof but it seemed like it). He started an analytics department he stole from his buddy Bill Belicheat. Got Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Paul Brown to invest in a world class weight training and rehab facility.

The last few years, I was as hard on Marvin as anyone, but we do owe him gratitude for bringing us out of the abyss. The light at the end of that tunnel looked miles away for fifteen years.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Stewy - 01-18-2022

Good Article. Thanks for sharing.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - J24 - 01-18-2022

(01-18-2022, 02:34 PM)Synric Wrote: I know people love to hate on Marvin Lewis but he really brought the Bengals out of the Darkages into the 21st century. Especially after 2010 when I believe he took over as GM as well as Head Coach (no proof but it seemed like it). He started an analytics department he stole from his buddy Bill Belicheat. Got Mike Brown, Katie Blackburn, and Paul Brown to invest in a world class weight training and rehab facility.

The fact that he went to the Playoffs 6 out 7 seasons between 09-15  with Mike Brown as an owner is pretty impressive.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Clark W Griswold - 01-18-2022

Yes Marvin helped take those first steps to last Saturdays win. It was (past) time for him to go when he did but he accomplished a lot of great things when he was the Bengals coach.

You have to crawl before you walk and Marvin got this franchise to crawl so that now they can walk.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - jj22 - 01-18-2022

Marvin with Burrow and 7 shots in the playoffs would have gotten a ring here. Maybe 3.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - George Cantstandya - 01-18-2022

I thought the part about Burrow hanging out with the Whitworth’s while he was rehabbing in LA was cool. Also Marvin is a classy guy and did a lot for the Bengals. He just could not get over the hump unfortunately.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - masonbengals fan - 01-18-2022

Good article.

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - Bengalitis - 01-18-2022

16 yrs.. wow, that went fast...

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - NotBigzo - 01-18-2022

What Marvin really thinks: Where was all this spending in FA and luck with drafting QBs when I was there?!!

RE: Marvin shares thoughts on Burrow, Mike Brown - bengalfan74 - 01-18-2022

Thanks for sharing Wyche, gives us a sliver of insight.

Marvin stayed many years longer than he should have and that part has hurt him as well. It's sad that the stars never would line up for him for a myriad of reasons. But I wish him well for all he did do here.