Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks Bengals have the ability to win Super Bowl
“I don’t listen to them when they say we’ll win 11 games, so why would I now?” Lewis says. “Did they say last year the Philadelphia Eagles would win the Super Bowl? I don’t remember it. I don’t remember them saying Jacksonville would win the AFC South, either. You have to go to work, put your head down and get it done. They didn’t have Buffalo going to the playoffs, either. Buffalo jettisoned how many of their guys? ‘Oh, what are they doing?’ They did a great job. That’s what this is. Get ready each week. Rest up. Play the next one.”

“You coach in the National Football League to become world champions and with this team we have the ability to do that.”

“I want to coach and to me the best opportunity for me to have an opportunity to take a team to the world championship is right here right now.”

“We were fortunate that a lot of things broke late this year,” Lewis said. “The way it broke with teams in the playoffs and the way the rules are, guys had to make some calls … They came here because of the players and the organization and I think that speaks volumes.”

“We had areas of need to get addressed in the offseason and I thought the people did a great job addressing those areas I felt were the biggest and that was big,” said Lewis, pointing mainly to the offensive line. “We have to right the ship. If we won the games we had the lead in the fourth quarter, Green Bay, Tennessee, Pittsburgh, we’re having a different conversation. But you have to play.”

“My goal is not to win one play-off game. I never thought in my life about winning one play-off game,” Lewis said. “The only thing that validates is being world champions. That’s what this is about.”

Full Article
Reply/Quote
For once it's hard to really argue with anything he had to say.
Reply/Quote
They do, if everything falls exactly right.

Especially with the OL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
LOVE IT!

Finally some emotion and ambition out of him! Let's just hope he keeps it going all offseason and into the regular season! These players want to be led and they want someone with emotion captaining the ship and leading them with enthusiasm!

This WILL be the year!
Reply/Quote
I like him better this year. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Big talk from a guy who cant win a single playoff game.
Reply/Quote
In Marvin we trust, we have too. Lets just hope he turns time management over to someone else. Might help out. I am excited to see what the new coaches will do. If nothing else that is something to look forward to. Who dey it all starts us Thursday. Lets get ready to roar in the jungle. At least we will have one bengals super bowl team will be on the field this year. looking forward to that.
Reply/Quote
I'll believe it when I see it.
Reply/Quote
It is true - we live in a world of potentialities.  Who saw "chicken legs" Tom Brady coming after he waddled his dorky ass around at the combine?  The potentialities are out there for the realizing.  This is the sort of mentality that a head coach NEEDS to exude.  
Reply/Quote
Like it or not, Merv is our head coach. If he backs up those words with his actions, that will surely trickle down the line to the whole team. Maybe he's looking at things differently this year? I hope so.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
One line that pops out of that article is when Marv says “the people did a great job addressing those areas I felt were the biggest and that was big.” That tells me he has a lot of control he didn’t have in the past. Believe many of us have had this thought. Give me a lot of reasons to believe in them this year. Also explains the un-bengalike things they have already done this year.

Reply/Quote
They have to come out fast and keep the pedal down..... if they do that, they can go all the way....
Reply/Quote
Lulz...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Shame Marvin dosent
Reply/Quote
I'm a little excited about the upcoming season, things appear to have changed. But I'm still proceeding with caution until I see some results.
Reply/Quote
I think they can too IF:
- other WRs besides Green can get open
- OL gels and does well
- run defense vastly improves
- another LB besides Burfict can step up
- defense can get some turnovers

That’s a lot to depend on, but it’s possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Mike Brown yesterday at the media luncheon: “This is all I know. I’m back in the kitchen being a cook. I like cooking.”

Get out of the kitchen, mike. Your food sucks. Until Mike stops “cooking football” I will forever be skeptical this team can ever reach their full potential.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/7/24/17607732/best-moments-from-bengals-pre-training-camp-media-luncheon-marvin-lewis-mike-brown-lazor-austin

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 10:06 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Mike Brown yesterday at the media luncheon: “This is all I know. I’m back in the kitchen being a cook. I like cooking.”

Get out of the kitchen, mike. Your food sucks. Until Mike stops “cooking football” I will forever be skeptical this team can ever reach their full potential.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/7/24/17607732/best-moments-from-bengals-pre-training-camp-media-luncheon-marvin-lewis-mike-brown-lazor-austin

He needs to stay in the kitchen and out of football. Things will be better if he does this.

Reply/Quote
Well, he's not wrong. He made some good points. However... He's still Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2018, 09:17 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm a little excited about the upcoming season, things appear to have changed. But I'm still proceeding with caution until I see some results.

Last year at this time I had a feeling of dread — and I wasn’t wrong.

This year, as Marvin said, the Bengals have addressed every weakness from 2017, especially the offensive line. Would you have ever imagined Paul Alexander would be shown the door? I sure couldn’t. It means Marvin finally has the decision making power he’s always needed.
Reply/Quote