Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks there's a RB in this draft close to Zeke Elliot in talent
They must be eyeing Joe Mixon then. Unless they trade up, the Bengals can't really think that Leonard Fournette might slip to them. Between San Francisco, Jacksonville, and Carolina, that's a lost cause.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 11:21 AM)ochocincos Wrote: The only real knock on McCaffrey is his size. Most teams will want a RB that can handle a full workload if taken in the top 10. McCaffrey proved he could do it at Stanford, but that's fewer games and against college instead of NFL players.

No it's because he is white if he was black he would have similar hype to what Reggie Bush had in 06.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:17 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Cook is vastly underrated.  True home run threat.

Yep, folks are missing the boat here.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:16 PM)J24 Wrote: No it's because he is white if he was black he would have similar hype to what Reggie Bush had in 06.

I disagree about why. In fact, Bush's lack of success at the NFL level could be why teams are not hyping up McCaffrey as much.
He is similar to Reggie Bush, but Bush was taken #2 overall and was never able to handle a full workload. He also got dinged up quite a bit.
Being just 200 lbs makes it very difficult to handle a full workload for a full season. A team that already has more of a pounder as their primary RB but lacking explosiveness from the position would be an ideal fit for McCaffrey, just like it was for Bush. Perhaps a team like Minnesota or even New Orleans.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:16 PM)Big Boss Wrote: They must be eyeing Joe Mixon then.  Unless they trade up, the Bengals can't really think that Leonard Fournette might slip to them.  Between San Francisco, Jacksonville, and Carolina, that's a lost cause.

Fournette could easily be there at 9. San Fran will not take a HB at 2, Jacksonville could but I believe they are more likely to keep fixing their defense, Carolina to me is the greatest threat but based on who's available they have other needs to address. Weird things happen in the draft, that is why you have to plan for multiple scenarios.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I disagree about why. In fact, Bush's lack of success at the NFL level could be why teams are not hyping up McCaffrey as much.
He is similar to Reggie Bush, but Bush was taken #2 overall and was never able to handle a full workload. He also got dinged up quite a bit.
Being just 200 lbs makes it very difficult to handle a full workload for a full season. A team that already has more of a pounder as their primary RB but lacking explosiveness from the position would be an ideal fit for McCaffrey, just like it was for Bush. Perhaps a team like Minnesota or even New Orleans.

He is a three Down back and perfect for today's spread offense NFL. Bush was an underrated back during his prime and was a 1500 all purpose type back in Detroit. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:19 PM)J24 Wrote: He is a three Down back and perfect for today's spread offense NFL. Bush was an underrated back during his prime and was a 1500 all purpose type back in Detroit. 

Fair enough, but he did struggle to stay healthy and only eclipsed 1000 rushing yards twice in 11 years, never reaching 1100 rushing yards and never having over 300 touches (carries + receptions) any year in the league. Reggie Bush was explosive and a fantastic receiving threat, there's no doubt. But for a #2 overall pick at RB, especially back in 2006, the expectation is to be a workhorse who can average 20+ touches a game and be durable for a whole season. He didn't do that.

To compare in that era, LaDainian Tomlinson played in 15+ games for 8 years (2001-2008) with 292+ carries and 50+ receptions. He was the ideal mold of a complete RB and deserving of a top 10 pick. 215+ lbs, fast, durable, outstanding receiving threat, can run between the tackles or outside. If you say it's unfair to compare Bush to LT, then I'd say you're wrong because the hype he had coming out of college was that everyone expected him to be on the same level as LT in terms of performance.

Maybe you're right regarding McCaffrey. As the league moves more and more toward a spread and using RBBC, the workhorse RBs are becoming more and more rare.

I always compared McCaffrey to Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson given their electric playmaking ability, outstanding receiving skills, and near-identical height and weight. CJ2K and Charles were originally in a RBBC with a thumper but eventually became workhorse RBs. They produced very well in those roles, but they could only sustain being a workhorse for just a few seasons before injuries starting being a recurring thing. That's why I think McCaffrey would be best used on a team with a thumper/goal line back.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:17 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Cook is vastly underrated.  True home run threat.

(04-21-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, folks are missing the boat here.....

Talent through the roof, but Cook has MAJOR MAJOR red flags with character concerns all over the map.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, folks are missing the boat here.....

Cook isn't underrated. In fact, he was actually projected right up there with LF as the first RB taken until he had a terrible Combine. Ever since the Combine, he's been steadily dropping in the projections.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:10 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Talent through the roof, but Cook has MAJOR MAJOR red flags with character concerns all over the map.

There is a scout who said he would much rather trust Joe Mixon's character than Dalvin Cook's....think about that for a second.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:32 PM)Au165 Wrote: There is a scout who said he would much rather trust Joe Mixon's character than Dalvin Cook's....think about that for a second.

YEP!

Actually, they were talking on an NFL draft show on the radio and said that scouts were saying after interviewing people on campus and around the university that Mixon was a GREAT guy and that he reacted to racist stuff the girl and her boyfriend were saying to him and his friend. Now, that doesn't mean you punch her, but he's still an early 20 something kid.

Now, obviously, all we can do is read about him.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 03:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Fair enough, but he did struggle to stay healthy and only eclipsed 1000 rushing yards twice in 11 years, never reaching 1100 rushing yards and never having over 300 touches (carries + receptions) any year in the league. Reggie Bush was explosive and a fantastic receiving threat, there's no doubt. But for a #2 overall pick at RB, especially back in 2006, the expectation is to be a workhorse who can average 20+ touches a game and be durable for a whole season. He didn't do that.

To compare in that era, LaDainian Tomlinson played in 15+ games for 8 years (2001-2008) with 292+ carries and 50+ receptions. He was the ideal mold of a complete RB and deserving of a top 10 pick. 215+ lbs, fast, durable, outstanding receiving threat, can run between the tackles or outside. If you say it's unfair to compare Bush to LT, then I'd say you're wrong because the hype he had coming out of college was that everyone expected him to be on the same level as LT in terms of performance.

Maybe you're right regarding McCaffrey. As the league moves more and more toward a spread and using RBBC, the workhorse RBs are becoming more and more rare.

I always compared McCaffrey to Jamaal Charles or Chris Johnson given their electric playmaking ability, outstanding receiving skills, and near-identical height and weight. CJ2K and Charles were originally in a RBBC with a thumper but eventually became workhorse RBs. They produced very well in those roles, but they could only sustain being a workhorse for just a few seasons before injuries starting being a recurring thing. That's why I think McCaffrey would be best used on a team with a thumper/goal line back.
McCaffrey remind me Marshall Faulk.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote

With it settled and the victim even claiming she could have done things differently I think the PR side is looking easier for teams to swallow. He paid her off, no doubt, but she didn't need to approach it in this way and it definitely will help his image.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 05:18 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: McCaffrey remind me Marshall Faulk.

Faulk was about 10 lbs bigger than McCaffrey.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 05:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Faulk was about 10 lbs bigger than McCaffrey.

Maybe, we only have team weigh ins to go off not something official like a combine. Teams are notorious for over inflating weights on guys. I wouldn't let possibly 10 pounds deter the comparison.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 05:18 PM)Au165 Wrote:
With it settled and the victim even claiming she could have done things differently I think the PR side is looking easier for teams to swallow. He paid her off, no doubt, but she didn't need to approach it in this way and it definitely will help his image.

daaaaaaaaaang son. still hope he falls to us in the second. even if he paid her off, there has to be some genuineness in there. I'm glad that statement came out. 
Reply/Quote
I don't know. Some teams were very adamant that they weren't going to let go of the fact that he punched a woman square in the face, apology or not.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 05:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't know.  Some teams were very adamant that they weren't going to let go of the fact that he punched a woman square in the face, apology or not.

Some teams behind the scenes have said it, but none were willing to put it on record. The only team that put there name on it publicly is the patriots, and they really weren't in play anyways because they don't have a pick until the late 2nd, so its good lip service but means nothing. We will see, but I think late 1st early 2nd and he will be gone.
Reply/Quote
It's Fournette or Mixon.

Fournette honestly looks like Bo Jackson when he runs. I'm not kidding. Just like him.

But I cannot imagine him falling that far.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see then Bengals be a heavy running team. I think that it could be a good way to go with everyone throwing so much and defenses being geared with personnel towards that. We shall see.
Reply/Quote
I'm starting to get the impression we are kicking the tires on McCafferty. How upset would you be if LF was already off the board and when the Bengals hand in their card it has McCafftery on it? I think it'd be a great pick. We could totally do worse, like Mike 'Im too Slow' Williams, or Taco Tuesday Charlton or Cam the Scam Robinson. A week ago ago, I didn't think much about McCafferty, but lately I've been coming around to it.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote