Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin thinks there's a RB in this draft close to Zeke Elliot in talent
(04-20-2017, 01:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He also suggests the Bengals may take a RB early.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19180782/the-allure-zeke-effect-year-nfl-draft

What do you think?  Smokescreen?

Duke Tobin, Bengals Player Personnel Director said weeks ago the LSU RB could have the impact of Elliott and if he is there at 9 the Bengals will grab him because you do not pass on a game changing player like this.  Coach Lewis and Bengals just repeating same thing. No, they will NOT take Mixon at 9, just as they did not take Mallott in round one in 2011 as some fans wanted.  You don't take a later round pick at number 9 in the draft. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 01:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep, folks are missing the boat here.....

Listening to all the latest hype and jumping on the LF train. lulz

JH 2.0

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 10:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Listening to all the latest hype and jumping on the LF train. lulz

JH 2.0

Pretty much. Cook is a true homerun threat....and his pro day was excellent....combine wasn't that bad....and game tape is better.  Fournette is injury prone....skipped a bowl on his teammates....looks great with a FB......I'd pass.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(04-20-2017, 01:31 PM)Big Boss Wrote: He also suggests the Bengals may take a RB early.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/19180782/the-allure-zeke-effect-year-nfl-draft

What do you think?  Smokescreen?

Is there a line in this draft to allow a RB to perform like Zeke.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
Man if we got Fournette at 9 I'd have to tape "little Real Deal" to my leg so nobody could see my excitement.

Reply/Quote
This is a great running back class. Elliott is great and may not be one in this draft, but I count 3 guys I would take in round 2 assuming Fournette is gone early.

1. Cook
2. Mixon
3. McCaffery
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I've seen some scenarios where McCaffrey goes to Carolina in the first.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 02:32 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I've seen some scenarios where McCaffrey goes to Carolina in the first.

The Panthers are looking for more of a dive back I think and that's not McCaffreys game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
IF Elliott went to the Bengals...there's no way he has close to the season he did with the Cowboys. Their line is soo much better than ours.

Cook was the best player in college at making guys miss. He'd be a great fit here...minus the off-the-field issues.

Tough to take a RB at 9 also as they have about 8 highly productive years in the NFL then are usually hitting the wall.
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 11:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Elliott went to the Bengals...there's no way he has close to the season he did with the Cowboys. Their line is soo much better than ours.

Cook was the best player in college at making guys miss. He'd be a great fit here...minus the off-the-field issues.

Tough to take a RB at 9 also as they have about 8 highly productive years in the NFL then are usually hitting the wall.

Pretty much right on as usual Pistons....although....if you follow FSU....those off field issues weren't what they seemed in the end....and I think he's been humbled. You should read the letter he penned to Seminole Nation upon his declaration for the draft. If we go RB....I want Cook. I wanted Freeman a couple years ago.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 02:55 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Pretty much right on as usual Pistons....although....if you follow FSU....those off field issues weren't what they seemed in the end....and I think he's been humbled. You should read the letter he penned to Seminole Nation upon his declaration for the draft. If we go RB....I want Cook. I wanted Freeman a couple years ago.

Enters mean nothing to many on here, check the "letter from mike brown thread" in jungle noise for proof Ninja

Reply/Quote
There is Marvin.....and his name is Dalvin
Reply/Quote
(04-21-2017, 04:58 PM)PDub80 Wrote: YEP!

Actually, they were talking on an NFL draft show on the radio and said that scouts were saying after interviewing people on campus and around the university that Mixon was a GREAT guy and that he reacted to racist stuff the girl and her boyfriend were saying to him and his friend. Now, that doesn't mean you punch her, but he's still an early 20 something kid.

Now, obviously, all we can do is read about him.

LMAO well now I've heard it all! The guy that broke that girls jaw is a "GREAT guy" smh 
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 06:18 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: LMAO well now I've heard it all! The guy that broke that girls jaw is a "GREAT guy" smh 

I'm not saying he's a great guy. I don't know him. I just heard radio interviews with the talking heads saying scouts had done due diligence and that people around the University spoke highly of his character and said he was a great guy.

The girl is no angel, has an arrest record, and was said to have been yelling racial slurs at him.

In no way did I condone punching anyone. But these are college kids. They do stupid things.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 08:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I'm not saying he's a great guy. I don't know him. I just heard radio interviews with the talking heads saying scouts had done due diligence and that people around the University spoke highly of his character and said he was a great guy.

The girl is no angel, has an arrest record, and was said to have been yelling racial slurs at him.

In no way did I condone punching anyone. But these are college kids. They do stupid things.

I wish someone would have pointed out that some of the people I have punched (and shouldn't have) were no angels, and may have had it coming... But I suck at football so nobody took the time. I do agree with you though. That shouldn't be the end of his life. If that wasn't on video, there would be much less outrage, as we often see better than we hear. That incident will be forgotten wherever he goes as soon as he rips a 40 yrd TD.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-22-2017, 11:49 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF Elliott went to the Bengals...there's no way he has close to the season he did with the Cowboys. Their line is soo much better than ours.

I agree, Dalvin fits our Offense better than Fournette does. Would be really happy if we traded down and got Dalvin.

Some have said 9 is a little high for him right now with the off field problems.

(04-23-2017, 02:55 AM)Wyche Wrote: Pretty much right on as usual Pistons....although....if you follow FSU....those off field issues weren't what they seemed in the end....and I think he's been humbled. You should read the letter he penned to Seminole Nation upon his declaration for the draft. If we go RB....I want Cook. I wanted Freeman a couple years ago.

What were the off field issues Wyche with Cook?

Heard something about torturing dogs or some shit?
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 03:27 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I agree, Dalvin fits our Offense better than Fournette does. Would be really happy if we traded down and got Dalvin.

Some have said 9 is a little high for him right now with the off field problems.

What were the off field issues Wyche with Cook?

Heard something about torturing dogs or some shit?

It had to do with the way the dogs were tied up.  There was the "BB gun war", and the deal where he allegedly struck a female.  A third party came forward that saw the altercation and said no one struck the girl.  Also, her story changed a few times, and admitted herself that she was pretty plowed that evening.  It was thrown out.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2017, 10:32 AM)The Real Deal Wrote: Enters mean nothing to many on here, check the "letter from mike brown thread" in jungle noise for proof Ninja

Maybe if Dalvin gives us 25 years of contradicting results in regards to said letter(s), we can call his letter bullshit too. Ninja

However, if you read the letter.....you'd know it was about thanking his coaches for helping grow into a better person, a thanks to Devonta Freeman for psuhing him early, thanks to the fans and teammates, and apologizing for any transgressions.....perceived or actual.

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 03:36 PM)Wyche Wrote: It had to do with the way the dogs were tied up.  There was the "BB gun war", and the deal where he allegedly struck a female.  A third party came forward that saw the altercation and said no one struck the girl.  Also, her story changed a few times, and admitted herself that she was pretty plowed that evening.  It was thrown out.

(04-24-2017, 03:40 PM)Wyche Wrote:  Maybe if Dalvin gives us 25 years of contradicting results in regards to said letter(s), we can call his letter bullshit too. Ninja

However, if you read the letter.....you'd know it was about thanking his coaches for helping grow into a better person, a thanks to Devonta Freeman for psuhing him early, thanks to the fans and teammates, and apologizing for any transgressions.....perceived or actual.

Thanks Wyche, good to know. Would love it if we traded down and grabbed Dalvin.

Dude is great at making defenders miss and catching the ball out of the backfield. Exactly what we need at RB.
Reply/Quote
original.jpg (720×368)

The naaame is Dalvin
Reply/Quote