Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Masks?
I am starting to get concerned over this shit. My wife and I are full on masks, hand sanitizer, six feet apart, and she's packed. Somebody threatens us for doing the right thing, she has a CCW and a .357 Magnum in her purse.

This is not America anymore, we're done as a country.

[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:34 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I am starting to get concerned over this shit.  My wife and I are full on masks, hand sanitizer, six feet apart, and she's packed.  Somebody threatens us for doing the right thing, she has a CCW and a .357 Magnum in her purse.

This is not America anymore, we're done as a country.

No, no...you don't understand!

Those people have a RIGHT to speak their opinion and a RIGHT to bear arms and a RIGHT to NOT wear a mask or get a vaccine!
(All true by the way...)

However they also believe others who have different ideas should be forced to stop and shut up.

And, really, how dangerous can they get?

[Image: E9KtLyhVcBk6wNg?format=jpg&name=medium]

Oh...never mind.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 09:28 AM)GMDino Wrote: No, no...you don't understand!

Those people have a RIGHT to speak their opinion and a RIGHT to bear arms and a RIGHT to NOT wear a mask or get a vaccine!
(All true by the way...)

However they also believe others who have different ideas should be forced to stop and shut up.

And, really, how dangerous can they get?

[Image: E9KtLyhVcBk6wNg?format=jpg&name=medium]

Oh...never mind.

Your reply didn't help.  Although point well taken, it's just making me a little more frightened.  But at least they support her freedom to bear arms.  She's good with the damn thing.  And has a hot temper.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 10:19 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Your reply didn't help.  Although point well taken, it's just making me a little more frightened.  But at least they support her freedom to bear arms.  She's good with the damn thing.  And has a hot temper.

They are not all dangerous.  Some are just stupid.

She's wearing clothes. And glasses. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 10:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: They are not all dangerous.  Some are just stupid.

She's wearing clothes.  And glasses. Mellow

I often wonder how hard it is to be THAT stupid in a world where all the information you could ever need or want to read is sitting in your pocket.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:01 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I often wonder how hard it is to be THAT stupid in a world where all the information you could ever need or want to read is sitting in your pocket.

It's not stupidity, it's willful ignorance. Many of these people know their arguments are in bad faith but if they scream them loud enough they think people will believe them. A lot of what we are seeing is simply bully tactics, the person who screams the loudest and gets the most aggressive gets what they want (or hopes to). They just need to rile up the mob who wants the same outcome under simple talking points.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:01 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I often wonder how hard it is to be THAT stupid in a world where all the information you could ever need or want to read is sitting in your pocket.

And she used that tool to write that speech on.

Just sad.
Reply/Quote
If the government wanted to lie to protect us they would have said covid was a biological attack sent to us by ISIS. Same with the water contamination in Flint Michigan.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 12:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If the government wanted to lie to protect us they would have said covid was a biological attack sent to us by ISIS.  Same with the water contamination in Flint Michigan.

Nah, it was from China.  That's what's important.  Not the vaccine.  Not protecting ourselves.  Just blaming someone else for it.

Flint was just good American capitalism at work. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's not stupidity, it's willful ignorance. Many of these people know their arguments are in bad faith but if they scream them loud enough they think people will believe them. A lot of what we are seeing is simply bully tactics, the person who screams the loudest and gets the most aggressive gets what they want (or hopes to). They just need to rile up the mob who wants the same outcome under simple talking points.

But that's kind of what I mean. You have to actively TRY to come off as that stupid. Hell I learn shit on accident all the time.
Reply/Quote
N95 masks could help. The tee shirt masks that 99% of people wear probably dont do much at all honestly. If we really care about masks, we should wear the proper one. The N95 mask is the way to go if you want actual protection.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 02:52 PM)bengaloo Wrote: N95 masks could help. The tee shirt masks that 99% of people wear probably dont do much at all honestly. If we really care about masks, we should wear the proper one. The N95 mask is the way to go if you want actual protection.

N95 is ideal but surgical masks yield a relatively similar result in a study I was just reading the other day. The cloth masks are better than nothing in testing but it is not nearly good enough to be the norm, but if it's all we can get people to do we shouldn't diminish their use. With little to no actual downside to wearing masks though this really shouldn't even be a debate topic at this point yet here we are as a country.....still.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:00 PM)Au165 Wrote: N95 is ideal but surgical masks yield a relatively similar result in a study I was just reading the other day. The cloth masks are better than nothing in testing but it is not nearly good enough to be the norm, but if it's all we can get people to do we shouldn't diminish their use. With little to no actual downside to wearing masks though this really shouldn't even be a debate topic at this point yet here we are as a country.....still.

I'm still a firm believer in social distancing being the best way to slow the spread, but honestly, we are all going to get it at some point anyway most likely, so it just it what it is. Where I live almost no one wears a mask tho. 
Reply/Quote
Has covid been linked to miscarriages? Maybe if fetuses are at risk the anti vax and mask crowd will change their minds.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 11:11 AM)Au165 Wrote: It's not stupidity, it's willful ignorance. Many of these people know their arguments are in bad faith but if they scream them loud enough they think people will believe them. A lot of what we are seeing is simply bully tactics, the person who screams the loudest and gets the most aggressive gets what they want (or hopes to). They just need to rile up the mob who wants the same outcome under simple talking points.

I agree completely & you're description describes a lot of people's behavior these days. Sad
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 03:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Has covid been linked to miscarriages?  Maybe if fetuses are at risk the anti vax and mask crowd will change their minds.

I imagine dying complicates pregnancy.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 08:34 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote:

at the end, one of the hyped up morons says to the cop telling him to back up 'im back man, i'm on your side, im a parent'

break this down:

'im back man (he wasn't), i'm on your side (he was fed that line moments before), im a parent (WHO ***** CARES)'

these people are not going to do well when the chinese social credit system is implemented.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 04:36 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: at the end, one of the hyped up morons says to the cop telling him to back up 'im back man, i'm on your side, im a parent'

break this down:

'im back man (he wasn't), i'm on your side (he was fed that line moments before), im a parent (WHO ***** CARES)'

these people are not going to do well when the chinese social credit system is implemented.

I wish I didn't understand this.
Reply/Quote
(08-20-2021, 06:47 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I wish I didn't understand this.

Ignorance is bliss.
Reply/Quote
Think back to your childhood folks. Either party, imagine when you were 12 years old. Look at what kind of shit the average 12 year old has seen in just the past year. These kids are forever scarred. WE, as adults and leaders have failed them.

This country is forever ruined IMO.
Reply/Quote