Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason Rudolph starting for Pitt and other Pitt news
Mason Rudolph will start against the Bengals. He didn't look any better against the Colts than Trubinsky did.

edit: starting safety Domontae Kazee has been suspended for the remainder of the 2023 season including playoffs for repeated violations of player safety rules. The other safety Minkah Fitzpatrick left the Colts game with a knee injury. They are really really thin in the DB

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Interesting. They lost 3 in a row and are not good. ...BUT they play us well.
Reply/Quote
Tomlin threw Mason in the game late with 2 min remaining so he couldn't do much as the game was already over. Zac just needs to have the guys with their humble helmets on and not take anything for granted. Yes they are struggling with many of their D 1st stringers out but they always seem to have their run game on against us.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:25 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Tomlin threw Mason in the game late with 2 min remaining so he couldn't do much as the game was already over. Zac just needs to have the guys with their humble helmets on and not take anything for granted. Yes they are struggling with many of their D 1st stringers out but they always seem to have their run game on against us.

Funny Pickett has a decent game last against us, threw for 278 no tds but no ints either.. we held Warren and Pickens in check but Harris and Freiermuth we did not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals SHOULD win regardless of who the Steelers start but something about this team always gives the Bengals a fight. Since 2020, we're 4-3 against them with the last 3 all being within 1 score. Their only 400 yard game since September 2020 was against us, after all.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: The Bengals SHOULD win regardless of who the Steelers start but something about this team always gives the Bengals a fight. Since 2020, we're 4-3 against them with the last 3 all being within 1 score. Their only 400 yard game since September 2020 was against us, after all.

Yea and it’s in pittsburgh this time around

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
Yeah I saw Fitzpatrick was out and the other safety has a chance at being suspended. I didn't see the hit he got ejected for so not sure if that's realistic or not. But if the offense shows up we should be okay in this one.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I saw Fitzpatrick was out and the other safety has a chance at being suspended. I didn't see the hit he got ejected for so not sure if that's realistic or not. But if the offense shows up we should be okay in this one.

It was viscous. https://youtube.com/shorts/_hvNxU6-d7U?si=Bd4Js5xIbVVi3zbU
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: It was viscous. https://youtube.com/shorts/_hvNxU6-d7U?si=Bd4Js5xIbVVi3zbU

Expect more of these this saturday

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:25 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Tomlin threw Mason in the game late with 2 min remaining so he couldn't do much as the game was already over. Zac just needs to have the guys with their humble helmets on and not take anything for granted. Yes they are struggling with many of their D 1st stringers out but they always seem to have their run game on against us.

(12-18-2023, 02:31 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Funny Pickett has a decent game last against us, threw for 278 no tds but no ints either.. we held Warren and Pickens in check but Harris and Freiermuth we did not.

We can't defend the middle to save our asses.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:16 PM)Whacked Wrote: It was viscous. https://youtube.com/shorts/_hvNxU6-d7U?si=Bd4Js5xIbVVi3zbU

Wow. That was bad and I'm not even saying this because we are playing them but he should 100% be suspended. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:19 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Expect more of these this saturday

Well hopefully this safety isn't playing. But if it were my call I would consider letting Chase rest I'm sure they'll be testing that shoulder if he plays.
Reply/Quote

Thanks for posting that. When I saw the replay on Saturday I was shocked at how terrible it was, with the receivers head snapping back. Demontae Kazee has already been fined 4 times this year for late hits/defenseless receivers, including $12,000 for one he did against the Bengals. The league should suspend him. But I suppose he just would appeal and get to play the Bengals while the appeal is pending. 
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:38 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thanks for posting that. When I saw the replay on Saturday I was shocked at how terrible it was, with the receivers head snapping back. Demontae Kazee has already been fined 4 times this year for late hits/defenseless receivers, including $12,000 for one he did against the Bengals. The league should suspend him. But I suppose he just would appeal and get to play the Bengals while the appeal is pending. 

Just saw this.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:39 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote:  

Just saw this.

Thank goodness. I guess the league figures a broken neck or paralysis is bad for their image, even if it's a Pittsburgh player doing the hitting.
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 03:43 PM)Nepa Wrote: Thank goodness. I guess the league figures a broken neck or paralysis is bad for their image, even if it's a Pittsburgh player doing the hitting.

I figured they would after I saw that hit. Absolutely no room in the league for that anymore and I'm very happy about it. 
Reply/Quote
Kazee was leading the league in personal fouls and fine money

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 02:51 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Yeah I saw Fitzpatrick was out and the other safety has a chance at being suspended.  I didn't see the hit he got ejected for so not sure if that's realistic or not. But if the offense shows up we should be okay in this one.

And he was for the rest of the season and rightfully so.

Steelers’ Damontae Kazee suspended for season; Minkah Fitzpatrick out vs Bengals - Cincy Jungle
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote

As opposed to watered-down and thin?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-18-2023, 04:01 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: As opposed to watered-down and thin?

Heh-heh. I see what you did there. 
Reply/Quote