Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Minich - rookie player comparisons
Murphy sort of reminds me of Robert Geathers. I just hope we can get more consistent pass rush out of him than we did out of Geathers - who other than pass rush was a pretty good DE.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 03:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Murphy sort of reminds me of Robert Geathers. I just hope we can get more consistent pass rush out of him than we did out of Geathers - who other than pass rush was a pretty good DE.

Damn well better not be like Robert Geathers though.
Geathers only had 34 sacks in his 11 seasons total.
Also, Geathers was a 4th rounder. He produced ok for a 4th rounder, but a 1st round edge better produce at least double that in their career if they're playing 10+ years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2023, 04:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Damn well better not be like Robert Geathers though.
Geathers only had 34 sacks in his 11 seasons total.
Also, Geathers was a 4th rounder. He produced ok for a 4th rounder, but a 1st round edge better produce at least double that in their career if they're playing 10+ years.

well..if he does lay like him I hope its the Geathers we saw on his contract yr. Thats the best shape that guy was ever in while playing and he played very well that season. 
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2023, 10:53 AM)kalibengal Wrote: well..if he does lay like him I hope its the Geathers we saw on his contract yr. Thats the best shape that guy was ever in while playing and he played very well that season. 

What contract year?
Are you referring to 2006 when he put up 10.5 sacks?
Cuz outside of that year, he never had more than 3.5 sacks in a season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote