Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matt Moore as QB2?
(04-30-2020, 12:33 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I did

My opinion is our back up QB is our 2nd year guys or Matt Moore

My opinion Moore is a big waste of money, spend it on someone to help us win games

Finley is close to Moore as he gets more experience so pay him peanuts to be QB2 and spend money somewhere else

Bottom line, neither gives me confidence we win if Burrow gets hurt

I think Dolegala has more upside than Finley anyways so just roll with them.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:16 PM)pulses Wrote: I think Dolegala has more upside than Finley anyways so just roll with them.

Finley should never get in another NFL game

His arm is too weak to make NFL throws

Moore would be perfect if the salary is right
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As I posted in another thread ZT and Brian Callahan reiterated in an article on Bengals.com that they aren't bringing in any veteran back up QBs.

Gonna roll with what we've got...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 01:05 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You watch a different NFL than I do.

Yes... Finley is better than me...

But not by much.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Funny how all the "experts" around here watched Finley play in preseason and called for the Bengals to give him a shot in the regular season to see if he was starter material. Now they all agree his arm is too weak to even be a backup.

Can any of you all explain what happened to his arm between pre-season and the regular season games he started?
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how all the "experts" around here watched Finley play in preseason and called for the Bengals to give him a shot in the regular season to see if he was starter material. Now they all agree his arm is too weak to even be a backup.

Can any of you all explain what happened to his arm between pre-season and the regular season games he started?

He was asked to throw the ball more than 5-10 yds down the field, and he went up against starting DB’s from the Steelers and Ravens (both top defenses) instead of the 2’s and 3’s he saw in the preseason.

Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 07:16 PM)pulses Wrote: I think Dolegala has more upside than Finley anyways so just roll with them.

I agree and much cheaper option than Matt Moore
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Brett Favre

He smokes those Copper Fit commercial chumps
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:05 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Brett Favre

He smokes those Copper Fit commercial chumps

i vote yes to this but only if he brings Jerry Rice with him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:23 AM)McC Wrote: i vote yes to this but only if he brings Jerry Rice with him.

But of course... over/under how many games he plays vs Ross?

Also Brett sent a dick pic to Katie and said he'd like to face-time with her.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 09:55 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and much cheaper option than Matt Moore

Define “much cheaper”

Matt Moore made $1,030,000 last season. Dolegala makes $586,667.

Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 10:45 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: But of course... over/under how many games he plays vs Ross?

Also Brett sent a dick pic to Katie and said he'd like to face-time with her.

He and I both....
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Matt Moore played well enough to seal the win in the game where Pat Mahomes got hurt last year. The next week he could have won against Green Bay but Aaron Rodgers made a couple of ridiculous throws. The week after that, he won against a very good Vikings team and Chiefs fans said that was one of their most important games of the year. Remember, though that it was the CHIEFS with all their weapons and probably a really good line.
Reply/Quote
(04-30-2020, 12:42 PM)jj22 Wrote: They don't seem to be concerned with the coaches being former "qb's". Ideally they'd get some vet in here. At least until we know if there will be a season and how that is going to look. No preseason/training camp or offseason workouts is going to be tough for a rookie to adapt and adjust to.

Our offensive coaching staff led by ZT are going to roll with Finley as number 2. If he has a good training camp along with Burrow,then that's going to be who they roll with.I do believe Joe will have some time will be is going to get dinged up and will need Finley to step in sometime during the season.We shall see how it goes. I see us as a 9 and 7 team unless everyone jells and this whole thing is a perfect fit for our Team.Its going to be watch and see. :andy: :andy: :andy: :andy: ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 01:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Define “much cheaper”

Matt Moore made $1,030,000 last season. Dolegala makes $586,667.

Did Matt Moore have any incentives (like Dalton) or straight up contract?

If Moore wants to come here for league vet minimum I would bring him to compete with Jake with nothing guaranteed.

Like I said, why waste any money on any back up that will not be great if Burrow goes down? 

We have all this money now, go get Clowney or  an impact player with the Dalton money not some washed up 2nd rate back up QB who has never won a long term starting job. Then a add a bunch of low tier guys with Moore. No thanks.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 03:46 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Matt Moore played well enough to seal the win in the game where Pat Mahomes got hurt last year. The next week he could have won against Green Bay but Aaron Rodgers made a couple of ridiculous throws. The week after that, he won against a very good Vikings team and Chiefs fans said that was one of their most important games of the year. Remember, though that it was the CHIEFS with all their weapons and probably a really good line.

If Moore is that good why didn't the Chiefs sign him again for 1 million? These guys don;t want to move during a Pandemic, Dalton just showed us that and signed with a team where he currently has his second home Dallas.

Reply/Quote
I read an interesting article last night talking about what the 2020 season may look like by Peter King. One note that is interesting, what happens if your starting QB does get Covid 19? He was pointing out that this year more than ever having a capable back up QB is more important than ever because it's possible a starting QB could come down with it, and if so that player would be quarantined for two, maybe three, game weeks meaning you would have to roll with your back up. Add in the fact there will be no off season field work and most likely a very abbreviated training camp and it really does seem like a veteran back up is the way to go.

I disagree with having three young developing QB's on the roster with no veteran in general. The veteran QB helps challenge the young guy in the film room more than anything. They talk about how they would approach a look, or what he had seen teams have success doing against certain defenses. While coaches do these things it means more coming from a guy who actually did it. Similar conversations take place on the sideline often during games, and especially after a mistake, having someone there to talk with about it is helpful. Pretty much every great QB had a vet on their roster when they got there, even if the vet wasn't great, and that is no coincidence.
Reply/Quote
(05-03-2020, 04:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If Moore is that good why didn't the Chiefs sign him again for 1 million? These guys don;t want to move during a Pandemic, Dalton just showed us that and signed with a team where he currently has his second home Dallas.

The Chiefs have a QB who sat behind Alex Smith and was the MVP in his 2nd year and won the SB in his third...I think they're fine letting Moore go at this point.  We have a rookie QB who is facing a pandemic-shortened off-season who will be walking into a QB room that has a grand total of 3 NFL starts with 0 wins under its collective belt.

Drafting Burrow and then giving him Finley and Dolegala as veteran mentors is just the kind of lazy, cheap-arse maneuver the media was warning we'd make.
Reply/Quote
(05-04-2020, 05:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Drafting Burrow and then giving him Finley and Dolegala as veteran mentors is just the kind of lazy, cheap-arse maneuver the media was warning we'd make.

Exactly. A smart vet ( even of limited wins ) is great for a young QB. Ryan Fitzpatrick would be good at this, though he has a job. RGIIII, for all his faults, has to be of some value for Lamar Jackson in Baltimore. 
Reply/Quote
(05-02-2020, 12:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Funny how all the "experts" around here watched Finley play in preseason and called for the Bengals to give him a shot in the regular season to see if he was starter material.  Now they all agree his arm is too weak to even be a backup.

fred I recall Finley looking good in preseason vs the 2's and 3's

the only reason he was given a start was the 0-something record...……..too painful for me to even look up.

after watching him vs NFL starters its clear he cannot make the throws

the Andy benching on his birthday was a bush-league move by a rookie coach
Reply/Quote