Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattis steps down...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Seems Mad Dog is not a fan of withdrawing our Troops from places such as Syria and Afghanistan. Agree with Mad Dog on this, but many that think we should not be the "world's police" will side with POTUS.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
http://fortune.com/2018/12/20/trump-mattis-letter-resignation/

You can read the letter below:

(12-20-2018, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems Mad Dog is not a fan of withdrawing our Troops from places such as Syria and Afghanistan. Agree with Mad Dog on this, but many that think we should not be the "world's police" will side with POTUS.

Yeah this should make a lot of people happy. That’s three thing. The aid to South America, the bump stocks and now this.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-20-2018, 08:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems Mad Dog is not a fan of withdrawing our Troops from places such as Syria and Afghanistan. Agree with Mad Dog on this, but many that think we should not be the "world's police" will side with POTUS.

So do you think the DJT is getting advice to make the move or just trusting his gut?
(12-20-2018, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: So do you think the DJT is getting advice to make the move or just trusting his gut?

Of course he's getting advice. Every coin has 2 sides. I just disagree with the move. How about you?

(12-20-2018, 08:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah this should make a lot of people happy. That’s three thing. The aid to South America, the bump stocks and now this.

Personally I applaud 2 of the 3 moves. 

(12-20-2018, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he's getting advice. Every coin has 2 sides. I just disagree with the move. How about you?

I heard yesterday an interview given earlier in the year, I did not catch the man's name...he was military...but he said the goal was to train enough troops there to step back to just overseeing the events in Syria.  He said at that time they were maybe 20% along with the training and would need a few years to get it up to the point where we could feel safe removing our troops.

I am for pulling back on policing the world.  But I also have to question the suddenness of the decision.  And it must have been sudden for members of his own party leadership (and some within the military) to question where the decision came from.
Overall, I think I am just going to choose to take this news as positive since it means the US will get the F out of Syria.

We should have never been there. Not only do we not belong there, but at least back in early 2016 on the US was spending $11.5m a DAY there and I can't imagine it's gotten much less since then. Likely more.

We need to flip off Syria/Yemen/Afghanistan/etc, and go the hell home. I could listen to arguments on Iraq since we've managed to build some semblance of a government there, but there really needs to be an end in sight on that too.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I'm good with the pulling out of Syria. I'm curious what this is going to do for Trump in the coming year. He is going to need to boost that approval rating in 2019 to get ready for 2020.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-20-2018, 08:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Personally I applaud 2 of the 3 moves. 

Oh hell now it looks like hemp is legal as well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-20-2018, 09:20 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Oh hell now it looks like hemp is legal as well.

As a KY native and one that believes Mary Jane should be legal, this is another move I applaud.

If someone would take Trump's twitter away, he may become a favorite. 

Trump has the Left thinking like this with his recent moves:

Not a good look for White House.
The worse his popularity gets, the more he's willing to do to appease a broader base. I'm ok with this.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(12-20-2018, 09:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The worse his popularity gets, the more he's willing to do to appease a broader base. I'm ok with this.

It would be great to have a POTUS give the people what they want.

(12-20-2018, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It would be great to have a POTUS give the people what they want.

Cuban cigars, rum and travel next.

(12-20-2018, 09:50 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: The worse his popularity gets, the more he's willing to do to appease a broader base. I'm ok with this.

Still doesn't change all the shady things he's done/doing and the investigations into him though.
This pullout is a terrible move. Are all the firemen gone now? Mattis and Kelly kept trump from pulling out of Korea too. Why do people think pulling out of broken states is a good thing. Sure. Isis and alqaeda cheer but why should Americans???
(12-21-2018, 12:44 AM)Dill Wrote: This pullout is a terrible move.   Are all the firemen gone now?  Mattis and Kelly kept trump from pulling out of Korea too.  Why do people think pulling out of broken states is a good thing. Sure. Isis and alqaeda cheer but why should Americans???

Imagine that; we agree on something. But many will cheer because they do not think we should be the world's Police Men. They agree with Trump on his Nationalistic views. 

(12-21-2018, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Imagine that; we agree on something. But many will cheer because they do not think we should be the world's Police Men. They agree with Trump on his Nationalistic views. 

How long do you suppose it will take before isis et al reconsolidate to the point we have to go back in and spend 50 times what we will “save”? Three years?? Less?? The current Iraqi government is now hell bent on creating the next generation of anti-Shi’a jihadists with their post isis regime of execution/vengeance. That has to be factored in as well.