Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattis steps down...
Yikes. By my count that is the last dude in this jacked up giant pile of shit administration I had respect for.

What a joke. Wish Flynns whole deal about being an unregistered foreign agent lying piece of shit traitor would go away. Imagine how great we will be when the conman gets that swamp filled to the brim.

We are scraping the bottom of the fnucking barrel here.
(12-20-2018, 08:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah this should make a lot of people happy. That’s three thing. The aid to South America, the bump stocks and now this.

Four. He also backed off his threat to shut down the government over funding for his wall.

Next. Chief of Staff will be Hillary.
(12-21-2018, 12:52 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Imagine that; we agree on something. But many will cheer because they do not think we should be the world's Police Men. They agree with Trump on his Nationalistic views. 

It's not his nationalism I agree with. For instance, I am in favor of intervening when we have the backing of the UN. Nationalists tend to dismiss the UN because of the globalism it represents, while I am in favor of more cooperation with the body and making it stronger.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
In the end of all of this it comes down to what a lot of us said before DJT won the election:  He doesn't really know what he's doing...but he thinks he knows more than everyone else.

We asked why his supporters thought that a 70 year old man who cannot take the word "no" when someone says it to him would suddenly change and be thoughtful and willing to learn or listen once he sat in the oval office.

And the proof is in the pudding...he didn't and he won't.

Trump believes Trump knows best because he has been so "successful" in his life.

And we all have to suffer because of it.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-21-2018, 12:44 AM)Dill Wrote: This pullout is a terrible move.   Are all the firemen gone now?  Mattis and Kelly kept trump from pulling out of Korea too.  Why do people think pulling out of broken states is a good thing. Sure. Isis and alqaeda cheer but why should Americans???

I am cheering because until these middle eastern countries seperate their religion from there poltics we are doing nothing but wasting billions of dollars and the lives of US soldiers. Neither ISIS nor Alqaeda will ever be a world power and neither would give a shit about the US if we were not supporting their enemies.
(12-20-2018, 09:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It would be great to have a POTUS give the people what they want.

I doubt he'd resign.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-21-2018, 03:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Four. He also backed off his threat to shut down the government over funding for his wall.

Next. Chief of Staff will be Hillary.

Not too fast. He's now not signing the Senate bill, House Republicans have passed a bill with the wall, and Trump is saying that unless McConnell goes nuclear on filibusters, we're going to have a shutdown that lasts a very long time.

(12-21-2018, 10:50 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not too fast. He's now not signing the Senate bill, House Republicans have passed a bill with the wall, and Trump is saying that unless McConnell goes nuclear on filibusters, we're going to have a shutdown that lasts a very long time.

I'm sure DJT will keep checking in on twitter from Mar Largo if that happens though....
(12-21-2018, 11:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure DJT will keep checking in on twitter from Mar Largo if that happens though....

Shutdowns don't affect the secret service paying for rooms for their agents at Mar a Lago, right?

(12-21-2018, 11:34 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Shutdowns don't affect the secret service paying for rooms for their agents at Mar a Lago, right?

All seriousness aside I *think* I read something that said it would affect their pay...but that might have been for a full shutdown and not a partial one like this would be.
(12-20-2018, 08:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: So do you think the DJT is getting advice to make the move or just trusting his gut?

(12-20-2018, 08:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course he's getting advice. Every coin has 2 sides. I just disagree with the move. How about you?

Indeed.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/dec/21/trump-call-turkish-leader-led-us-pullout-syria/

Quote:President Donald Trump’s decision to withdraw American troops from Syria was made hastily, without consulting his national security team or allies, and over strong objections from virtually everyone involved in the fight against the Islamic State, according to U.S. and Turkish officials.

Trump stunned his Cabinet, lawmakers and much of the world with the move by rejecting the advice of his top aides and agreeing to a withdrawal in a phone call with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan last week, two officials briefed on the matter said.

The Dec. 14 call, described by officials who were not authorized to discuss the decision-making process publicly and spoke on condition of anonymity, is a view into a Trump decision with profound consequences, including the resignation of widely respected Defense Secretary James Mattis.

The White House, State Department and Pentagon all declined to comment on the account of the withdrawal decision.

Whatever
(12-20-2018, 09:04 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: I'm good with the pulling out of Syria. I'm curious what this is going to do for Trump in the coming year. He is going to need to boost that approval rating in 2019 to get ready for 2020.

Can't he just say his approval rating is actually in the 90s but the fake news wants you to believe it is much lower than that?
If we're completely out of the me by 2020, I'll go buy a maga hat. All the other stuff aside (guns, immigration, etc), the two decades of war against an ideology and to prevent a culture from killing istelf by killing them instead should have been our chief concern. And it's the chief thing I faulted Obama for.

Good on trump. And it'll be good on the economy.
(12-21-2018, 02:09 PM)Benton Wrote: If we're completely out of the me by 2020, I'll go buy a maga hat. All the other stuff aside (guns, immigration, etc), the two decades of war against an ideology and to prevent a culture from killing istelf by killing them instead should have been our chief concern. And it's the chief thing I faulted Obama for.

Good on trump. And it'll be good on the economy.

I agree.  But the way Trump depends on military spending to help drive the economy and buy votes i believe we will be killing some people somewhere.
(12-21-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I agree.  But the way Trump depends on military spending to help drive the economy and buy votes i believe we will be killing some people somewhere.

I think you mean every politician in Washington for the past 20 years.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(12-21-2018, 10:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am cheering because until these middle eastern countries seperate their religion from there poltics we are doing nothing but wasting billions of dollars and the lives of US soldiers. Neither ISIS nor Alqaeda will ever be a world power and neither would give a shit about the US if we were not supporting their enemies.

Not that simple. And religion is at best an influence or medium. Not a causal factor. Leave a broken state and our security spirals downward. Al qaeda did not have to be a world power to bring down the World Trade Center Typing from a phone or I would layout in greater detail likely ramifications.
(12-22-2018, 12:10 AM)Dill Wrote: Not that simple. And religion is at best an influence or medium. Not a causal factor.   Leave a broken state and our security spirals downward. Al qaeda did not have to be a world power to bring down the World Trade Center    Typing from a phone or I would layout in greater detail likely ramifications.

Only reason they took down the towers was our support of isreal and troops in Saudi Arabia.

Best move to protect US is reduce our interference in a religious conflict that cant be won on any battlefield. It can't even be ended through sanctions or diplomacy as long as their governments are tied to their religion.

If we get out they won't even care about killing us.  They just want to kill each other.