Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm done with motorola's Moto phones
They've had ongoing wifi connectivity issues for at least 3-4 years and still haven't fixed the issue. I just purchased a moto g7 phone from Motorola (My 2nd in as many weeks), got it in 2 days and yet when I call them about the wifi issue they want to blame my carrier despite the fact they've had NUMEROUS complaints dating back to at least 2019 and before. I tried every workaround I could possibly find online to no avail, spent several hours with their own support as well as with my carrier so I decided to return it to Motorola for a refund.. Well OF COURSE their IT department is down (In Texas and their fun, fun grid designed to fail) and cannot possibly just write anything with pen and paper so now I'm looking at a minimum of 48-72 hours of wait time for them to call me back just to issue a refund forget the return shipping label that'll probably take another week PLUS I have to go find a shipping facility to send the damned thing back. Motorola just lost another customer for life. Soon as I get enough money saved back up I'm going back to my old standby, LG.. I've never had the first problem with an LG phone.
Motorola's customer support is the worst I've seen in quite some time from a large corporation...Just horrendously bad.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've never had any issues with Samsung phones, and I use cheap-ass Straight Talk for my service. Maybe you give Samsung a shot? You can find good ones, new or reconditioned, on Amazon for very reasonable prices.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 05:55 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've never had any issues with Samsung phones, and I use cheap-ass Straight Talk for my service.  Maybe you give Samsung a shot?  You can find good ones, new or reconditioned, on Amazon for very reasonable prices.

Pretty much the same here. I’ve had a Straight Talk plan for over 10yrs with unlimited everything for like $45 a month. I’ve had Samsung Galaxy phones and they were great. My latest phone purchase was about 2yrs ago and I got an LG. Both worked great with no issues. 

Note: For those of you who are not familiar with Straight Talk, you purchase these plans through Walmart.The greatest benefit is regardless of what wireless cell provider is strongest in your area, you can pretty much get any phone that gives you great service. Downside is new phones don’t come with plans (which are monthly, quarterly or even yearly plans with no contracts and you can cancel anytime) like some major wireless plans like Verizon provide. So you must purchase phones on your own.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 09:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty much the same here. I’ve had a Straight Talk plan for over 10yrs with unlimited everything for like $45 a month. I’ve had Samsung Galaxy phones and they were great. My latest phone purchase was about 2yrs ago and I got an LG. Both worked great with no issues. 

Note: For those of you who are not familiar with Straight Talk, you purchase these plans through Walmart.The greatest benefit is regardless of what wireless cell provider is strongest in your area, you can pretty much get any phone that gives you great service. Downside is new phones don’t come with plans (which are monthly, quarterly or even yearly plans with no contracts and you can cancel anytime) like some major wireless plans like Verizon provide. So you must purchase phones on your own.

My manager makes fun of me using Straight Talk, he calls it my "Obamacare plan"..  LOL

I told him that if he really wants me on an expensive Verizon plan, then they need to issue me a company phone and cover it..  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ehh..went with an LG K51 through T-mobile for about $6 a month. I still like LG phones more than Samsung. I've always liked the layout better and I've never really had problems with T-mobile as a carrier..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-19-2021, 09:07 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Pretty much the same here. I’ve had a Straight Talk plan for over 10yrs with unlimited everything for like $45 a month. I’ve had Samsung Galaxy phones and they were great. My latest phone purchase was about 2yrs ago and I got an LG. Both worked great with no issues. 

I think that is across the board at this point.

Although major carriers will break that expensive new phone down into payments instead of a massive upfront bill.
Reply/Quote
Still using my old 6S with a Straight talk plan. No issues ever.
Reply/Quote