Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maurice hurst released
Raiders with somewhat of another head scratcher for me. Still pretty young I hope bengals snag him if they get the chance.
Reply/Quote
Don't know much about him. What's your reasoning?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 06:03 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't know much about him. What's your reasoning?

Liked him coming out of college.  He dropped in draft due to medical condition but hasn't seemed to have issues thus far. Everything I had heard in reading articles seemed like he was doing well for oak/lv.  I rember watching an oak game a couple years ago and he was getting some good penetration.  He's only 25 and has had some good flashes.  Really weird time for them to release him.  He is a quick penetrating 3 tech that could help us out.  He's at least worth a waiver claim.
Reply/Quote
I'd be happy to see him added.

More competition among the DL. Not a bad thing at all.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Wonder if it has anything to do with his heart? If healthy hell yeah to signing him!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Not released but Waived which is better news for the Bengals. They can claim him for the rest of his rookie deal and are 5th on the waiver wire.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Would absolutely love Hurst if his heart is fine. Wanted us to Draft this guy. PLEASE!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would absolutely love Hurst if his heart is fine. Wanted us to Draft this guy. PLEASE!!!

From what I've read he missed time in 2020 but not due to the heart condition.

And as Synric said, can pick him up on waivers and have him on his rookie contract.

This seems like a no brainer much like claiming Moss was. Get him in here and let him compete, if he can't earn a spot you move on.

Reply/Quote
Really liked Hurst leading up to the draft.
Thought he could be a great replacement for Atkins when the time came.
Only 17 starts in 40 games, 8.0 sacks with 76 combined tackles.

Getting Hurst would probably remove any need to draft a DT, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: From what I've read he missed time in 2020 but not due to the heart condition.

And as Synric said, can pick him up on waivers and have him on his rookie contract.

This seems like a no brainer much like claiming Moss was. Get him in here and let him compete, if he can't earn a spot you move on.

Yeah being waived is even better, hell yeah, no brainer.

(04-15-2021, 07:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Really liked Hurst leading up to the draft.
Thought he could be a great replacement for Atkins when the time came.
Only 17 starts in 40 games, 8.0 sacks with 76 combined tackles.

Getting Hurst would probably remove any need to draft a DT, IMO.

I like him even better than Rankins who I wanted in FA.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:25 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: From what I've read he missed time in 2020 but not due to the heart condition.

Only problem is Miami is 3rd on the wire and they need defensive linemen as badly as the Bengals.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Only problem is Miami is 3rd on the wire and they need defensive linemen as badly as the Bengals.

Damn it.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 07:40 PM)Synric Wrote: Only problem is Miami is 3rd on the wire and they need defensive linemen as badly as the Bengals.

[Image: BUtA.gif]

Reply/Quote

Aren't the Texans 3rd in the waiver order?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:06 PM)kacymcbryant18 Wrote: Aren't the Texans 3rd in the waiver order?

You're right it is the Texans.

Reply/Quote
I just want him to sign and stomp out some mofos so I can yell "Hurst Don't It!" at my TV.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Yes please! Hope he makes it down to us. Could open up the draft to package deals to trade up and draft for higher quality rather than quantity trying to fill a whole lot of needs. I remember his draft day free fall. People were worried that he might die on the field. He's a good player.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he is a cheap waiver pickup with upside. I wonder how physicals work regarding waiver claims? I don't know why the Jags wouldn't just claim him.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2021, 12:49 AM)phil413 Wrote: Yeah he is a cheap waiver pickup with upside.  I wonder how physicals work regarding waiver claims?  I don't know why the Jags wouldn't just claim him.

Heh, yeah, I bet Urban Meyer is very familiar with him already.
Reply/Quote
How’s the waiver work work? Is there a set time each team has to claim someone or a date when every team picks one after the other like the draft?
Reply/Quote