Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max Heart Rate
So, the typical formula for max heart rate is 220 - age.

I am 32 years old, so it should be 188(ish). I usually play basketball once a week and routinely get my heart rate to 192-193. Tonight I played 5-5 and was shocked to see I got my heart rate up to 203. I know the apple watches are not full proof, but when I check against when I am working out on a cardio machine, it is usually pretty dang close.

Now I used to run marathons... 10 years ago.. and I do bike/lift almost daily 6-7 days a week. And tonight I could have kept playing, I didn’t feel the shakes or getting weak.

So what really is a persons max heart rate? It is going to differ for everyone, but should I try to not let 200+ happen again?

For what it’s worth, my resting heart rate is low 40’s and even high 30’s from time to time
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2018, 01:21 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: So, the typical formula for max heart rate is 220 - age.

I am 32 years old, so it should be 188(ish). I usually play basketball once a week and routinely get my heart rate to 192-193.  Tonight I played 5-5 and was shocked to see I got my heart rate up to 203. I know the apple watches are not full proof, but when I check against when I am working out on a cardio machine, it is usually pretty dang close.

Now I used to run marathons... 10 years ago.. and I do bike/lift almost daily 6-7 days a week.  And tonight I could have kept playing, I didn’t feel the shakes or getting weak.  

So what really is a persons max heart rate?  It is going to differ for everyone, but should I try to not let 200+ happen again?

For what it’s worth, my resting heart rate is low 40’s and even high 30’s from time to time

In your 30s and you excersize pretty much every day? Unless you smoke or something, I think you're probably okay. Male sure you're replenishing elctrolytes of course.
Reply/Quote
That doesn't seem all that much off from your 193.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Max Head Room
Reply/Quote
My max is 60. Anything over that, time for a beer and a smoke because I'm working waaaaaay too hard.

Reply/Quote
There isn't a good answer for that. If you're concerned, you should probably have a doctor do a stress test to find out your range. Follow it up in a year or so to see if it's changed. If it has, talk to your doctor. If it hasn't, that's probably just where your heart rate is.
Reply/Quote
(08-07-2018, 12:24 PM)Benton Wrote: There isn't a good answer for that. If you're concerned, you should probably have a doctor do a stress test to find out your range. Follow it up in a year or so to see if it's changed. If it has, talk to your doctor. If it hasn't, that's probably just where your heart rate is.

A good stress test is to be driving on a Friday night while carrying illegal substances in your car and the cops are following close behind...
If you're hands aren't shaking and you don't crash into the nearest telephone pole you pass. Much to my disgrace Luckily I have no experience in these matters over the past few years.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2018, 12:40 PM)grampahol Wrote: A good stress test is to be driving on a Friday night while carrying illegal substances in your car and the cops are following close behind...
If you're hands aren't shaking and you don't crash into the nearest telephone pole you pass. Much to my disgrace Luckily I have no experience in these matters over the past few years.  

I always hate when I give someone a ride home and they leave an open container in my car. I'm afraid I'll get pulled over. So, naturally, I chug it all and hope my liver holds out.
Reply/Quote