Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Maybe Lucie is right?
Found this little article.

Not one of my favorite subjects, but wouldn't want anyone to miss this bit of information.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/j-matt-barber/american-college-pediatricians-transgender-conditioning-child-abuse?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Virtue signaling parents wanting to show how tolerant they are need to read this.
(03-29-2016, 06:52 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Found this little article.

Not one of my favorite subjects, but wouldn't want anyone to miss this bit of information.

http://www.cnsnews.com/commentary/j-matt-barber/american-college-pediatricians-transgender-conditioning-child-abuse?hl=1&noRedirect=1

Virtue signaling parents wanting to show how tolerant they are need to read this.

I might do some searching later about the specific data, but the fact this comes from a socially conservative professional group that splintered away from the largest group of pediatricians in the nation because of their disagreement over adoption by same sex couples, I don't take it at face value. They have an agenda beyond child welfare.
An Op-ed, citing an organization that has been labeled as a hate group.

No surprises here.
(03-29-2016, 07:46 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: An Op-ed, citing an organization that has been labeled as a hate group.

No surprises here.

Who has them labeled a hate group? SPLC is not a reliable source for information.
(03-29-2016, 08:27 AM)Sovereign Nation Wrote: Who has them labeled a hate group? SPLC is not a reliable source for information.

They are also listed as a fringe group by the ACLU, which while I know a lot of people like to think of in the same realm as the SPLC, they have come down on every side of the fence you could think of when it comes to defending positions.
(03-29-2016, 07:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I might do some searching later about the specific data, but the fact this comes from a socially conservative professional group that splintered away from the largest group of pediatricians in the nation because of their disagreement over adoption by same sex couples, I don't take it at face value. They have an agenda beyond child welfare.

/end thread
(03-29-2016, 07:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I might do some searching later about the specific data, but the fact this comes from a socially conservative professional group that splintered away from the largest group of pediatricians in the nation because of their disagreement over adoption by same sex couples, I don't take it at face value. They have an agenda beyond child welfare.

What if I told you that NAMBLA is in agreement with this "socially conservative professional group"? Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
(03-29-2016, 11:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What if I told you that NAMBLA is in agreement with this "socially conservative professional group"? Ninja

I'd wonder why  / how you know so much about NAMBLA.  " Mellow"
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-29-2016, 11:29 AM)GMDino Wrote: I'd wonder why  / how you know so much about NAMBLA.  " Mellow"

You're not a part of the National Association for Men Behaving and Loving Awesomely?  ThumbsUp
(03-29-2016, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You're not a part of the National Association for Men Behaving and Loving Awesomely?  ThumbsUp

No.   Mellow
(03-29-2016, 11:28 AM)PhilHos Wrote: What if I told you that NAMBLA is in agreement with this "socially conservative professional group"? Ninja

Then I would still have to do research on the data, which isn't promising given the track record of scientists complaining about the ACP mischaracterizing their work. Mellow

(03-29-2016, 11:31 AM)PhilHos Wrote: You're not a part of the National Association for Men Behaving and Loving Awesomely?  ThumbsUp

I'm too awesome for them. I make the rest of them look not as awesome and so I cannot join. Mellow
(03-29-2016, 12:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Then I would still have to do research on the data, which isn't promising given the track record of scientists complaining about the ACP mischaracterizing their work. Mellow

I'm too awesome for them. I make the rest of them look not as awesome and so I cannot join. Mellow

Sounds like you're a member of the Kickass Knights of Kentucky or KKK. Ninja
Info in the OP is bogus. I only believe stuff from Mother Jones or Huff Post.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Meh.... next thing you know, we'll be told we should be free-ranging kids in the yard.

Tired to delete duplicate post.
Mobile version asks for a box to be checked for deletion, but none to be found.
(03-29-2016, 12:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Info in the OP is bogus. I only believe stuff from Mother Jones or Huff Post.

[Image: One-fish-two-fish-martyr-fish.gif]

Ninja
Not a good start when the organization was founded in protest to gay adoptions...

And you wonder why we are so interested in the source of the garbage you constantly post here.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-29-2016, 07:57 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Not a good start when the organization was founded in protest to gay adoptions...

And you wonder why we are so interested in the source of the garbage you constantly post here.

No doubt.  An organization that thinks gays shouldn't be able to adopt is wrong about everything. 

Aside from the fact that there may be a legitimate concern to gays adopting. (I know how you feel about the issue, but your feelings aren't factual)

That doesn't necessarily invalidate this concern either.  At least Belsnickle is willing to research it even more.  However he is also guilty of wrongfully attributing this group as being inaccurate on this topic due to their stance on a different one.

So save the your garbage for someone who actually cares about your feelings.
(03-29-2016, 08:33 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: They are also listed as a fringe group by the ACLU, which while I know a lot of people like to think of in the same realm as the SPLC, they have come down on every side of the fence you could think of when it comes to defending positions.

ACLU is also a joke of an organization.  You are free to follow them if you wish, but they are the same as the SPLC, and forgive me for not taking them seriously either.

Everyone has an agenda, however you are being disingenuous by saying they have an agenda beyond child welfare.  Them being in a disagreement over same sex couples adopting isn't having an agenda.

It is actually quite possible that gay parents can be harmful to a child.

Not only that, but not every gay is a good person, some are also very bad people and some could look at adopting a child and abuse them just like a straight couple could do.  To just assume that a gay couple will not abuse a child would be wrong.  It would be wrong to put a child in a situation where they could be at a higher risk to be abused as well.