Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maybe the most impressive Burrow stat off all…
Only 4 QB’s in the Super Bowl era have had a season where they completed at least 70% of their passes for at least 8.5 yards per attempt.

Those 4 QB’s…

Steve Young (1994)
Drew Brees (2009)
Deshaun Watson (2020)
Joe Burrow (2021)

Every time I think I couldn’t be any more impressed with Burrow I see something crazy like this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only 4 QB’s in the Super Bowl era have had a season where they completed at least 70% of their passes for at least 8.5 yards per attempt.

Those 4 QB’s…

Steve Young (1994)
Drew Brees (2009)
Deshaun Watson (2020)
Joe Burrow (2021)

Every time I think I couldn’t be any more impressed with Burrow I see something crazy like this.

Fun stat, thank you for sharing. I knew Watson was good, but I'm admittedly surprised to see his name on the list. 

'94 Young and '09 Brees both won the Super Bowl. Hmm
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:01 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Fun stat, thank you for sharing. I knew Watson was good, but I'm admittedly surprised to see his name on the list. 

'94 Young and '09 Brees both won the Super Bowl. Hmm

Yeah, he's über-talented.   I'd hate to see him end up in the division.  
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:10 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Yeah, he's über-talented.   I'd hate to see him end up in the division.  

I mean Pittsburgh's current rapist QB is retiring so they'll be in the market for a new rapist QB. Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:10 AM)Dr.Z Wrote: Yeah, he's über-talented.   I'd hate to see him end up in the division.  

I wonder if both Cleveland and Pittsburgh will try and pursue Watson? I'd rather see him in Denver or Miami if in the AFC. I'd be more content if he lands in the NFC with a team like the Giants.
Reply/Quote
It really is super rare for a QB to be the leader in both completion % and YPA (Burrow is way higher than anyone else at 8.9).

Those two things don’t often go together.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:35 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder if both Cleveland and Pittsburgh will try and pursue Watson? I'd rather see him in Denver or Miami if in the AFC. I'd be more content if he lands in the NFC with a team like the Giants.

Miami is still the team I constantly hear wrt Watson. Who the hell knows what will happen with all that at this point though.

I’m just glad we already have our franchise QB, and don’t have to be involved in the sex offender sweepstakes.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It really is super rare for a QB to be the leader in both completion % and YPA (Burrow is way higher than anyone else at 8.9).

Those two things don’t often go together.

Ahhh, someone else who listens to the Locked on Bengals podcast! ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:43 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Ahhh, someone else who listens to the Locked on Bengals podcast! ThumbsUp

Yep. Credit to Jake Liscow for that stat.

Reply/Quote
I love Burrow and am super happy that he's our QB. What I like even more than the stats is that Burrow, Mixon, Chase, Higgins, and Boyd are all here through 2023. We still have a couple of more seasons with this young, talented core before potentially running into tough decisions.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Miami is still the team I constantly hear wrt Watson. Who the hell knows what will happen with all that at this point though.

I’m just glad we already have our franchise QB, and don’t have to be involved in the sex offender sweepstakes.

I also see Miami being mentioned. It's interesting since they had a 7 game win streak and Tua played well enough, but he still doesn't seem to be a QB that can carry a team. So is Miami sold on Tua or not? Would the Texans even want Tua in a trade?
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:50 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I also see Miami being mentioned. It's interesting since they had a 7 game win streak and Tua played well enough, but he still doesn't seem to be a QB that can carry a team. So is Miami sold on Tua or not? Would the Texans even want Tua in a trade?

Tua is not very good. I would probably never get over taking him over Herbert if I was a Dolphins fan.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tua is not very good. I would probably never get over taking him over Herbert if I was a Dolphins fan.

& the entitled Miami journalists were correct, the Dolphins needed to trade up and get Burrow.  LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Miami is still the team I constantly hear wrt Watson. Who the hell knows what will happen with all that at this point though.

Tua isn't Watson's level of QB play, but he's underrated, IMO.
Guy has a 12-8 record with 66% completion for 4358 yards, 26 TDs, and 15 INTs in his 2-year career.
And he's only in his 2nd year of his rookie contract, making less than $10 mill each of the next two years.
Compare that to Watson, whose average salary on current contract is $39 mill.
And the Dolphins would have to give up high pick(s) to acquire him on top of that.

Is it better to have Watson with the offense they have, or is it better to roll with Tagovailoa, some high pick(s), and use that extra cap saved to get another couple players or so?

I can see arguments both ways.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Tua isn't Watson's level of QB play, but he's underrated, IMO.
Guy has a 12-8 record with 66% completion for 4358 yards, 26 TDs, and 15 INTs in his 2-year career.
And he's only in his 2nd year of his rookie contract, making less than $10 mill each of the next two years.
Compare that to Watson, whose average salary on current contract is $39 mill.
And the Dolphins would have to give up high pick(s) to acquire him on top of that.

Is it better to have Watson with the offense they have, or is it better to roll with Tagovailoa, some high pick(s), and use that extra cap saved to get another couple players or so?

I can see arguments both ways.

I’m of the opinion that unless you have an elite QB you should always be looking to upgrade. You can win it all without one, but it’s just so, so much harder. And Tua just screams “game manager” to me.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 07:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Only 4 QB’s in the Super Bowl era have had a season where they completed at least 70% of their passes for at least 8.5 yards per attempt.

Those 4 QB’s…

Steve Young (1994)
Drew Brees (2009)
Deshaun Watson (2020)
Joe Burrow (2021)

did Deshaun ever get back on the field this year?  or am i thinking the wrong guy
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: did Deshaun ever get back on the field this year?  or am i thinking the wrong guy

He hasn’t played this season.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m of the opinion that unless you have an elite QB you should always be looking to upgrade. You can win it all without one, but it’s just so, so much harder.  And Tua just screams “game manager” to me.

If I magically had the qualifications to run an NFL team this would also be my philosophy for building a team. I'd recognize a good QB can win it all as we have evidence of it from past Super Bowl champs, but I too would be seeking out an elite QB. 
Reply/Quote
To add to this, Burrow is also 11th in the league with 8 air yards per attempt. He's pushing the ball down the field.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 12:02 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m of the opinion that unless you have an elite QB you should always be looking to upgrade. You can win it all without one, but it’s just so, so much harder.  And Tua just screams “game manager” to me.

I can see Tagovailoa being like Dalton, maybe a bit better.
He needs good receiving options and a decent OL.
The Dolphins don't have a good rushing attack to take heat off the passing game though, so they need to get a better RB in the offseason, especially if they are going to keep rolling with Tagovailoa.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote