Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maybe this qualifies as a person???
http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2015/08/24/redford-township-mich.-woman-to-be-tried-for-murder-of-newborn-found-in-office-desk.html

REDFORD TOWNSHIP, Mich. - CBSNEWS/AP- A Detroit-area woman accused of giving birth at work and hiding the boy in a plastic bag in a desk drawer has been ordered to stand trial on murder and child abuse charges.

The Detroit News reports that Redford Township District Judge Karen Khalil called the case "very difficult" during a preliminary examination Monday for Kimberly Pappas of Wyandotte.

Police say the baby was discovered on March 31, shortly after his birth in the restroom of a Redford Township business where Pappas worked as a temporary employee.

Prosecutors allege that Pappas gave birth to a "live full term child," sealed the infant in a plastic bag, and hid him at her desk while she continued her work day,CBS Detroit reported last month.

An autopsy determined the infant lived for 20 to 30 minutes and died of suffocation. His death was ruled a homicide.

Investigators believe Pappas was able to hide her pregnancy from co-workers and family, reports the station.

Pappas' attorney, Raymond Cassar, has reportedly said he believes his client suffers from "serious mental health issues" and has sought treatment for her.
I once killed a gopher with a stick, sealed it in a plastic bag, and hid it at my desk while I continued to work.

But what exactly is the point of this thread?
why would anyone not believe this is a person? It's a full term baby that was birthed.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Cassar?

Just because the guy's a lawyer doesn't mean he's not a person. Lawyers have feelings, too.

Except Fred. That dude is like a robot. With a mustache.
fred's a lawyer?

That explains a lot.
Great work ethic, though
(08-25-2015, 08:43 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Great work ethic, though

Now this right here is funny. 

Well played.  
(08-25-2015, 08:43 PM)JJustWinBaby Wrote: Great work ethic, though

Yeah, just the kind of person profit prisons are looking for. 

As to the OP, big difference between this case and what ever you're inferring. 
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
(08-25-2015, 08:56 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Yeah, just the kind of person profit prisons are looking for. 

As to the OP, big difference between this case and what ever you're implying.

Ninja
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(08-25-2015, 09:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Ninja

ThumbsUp
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
That's horrific what happened to that baby.

That mother has some serious mental problems and it's such a shame.
(08-25-2015, 05:17 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: Prosecutors allege that Pappas gave birth to a "live full term child," sealed the infant in a plastic bag, and hid him at her desk while she continued her work day,CBS Detroit reported last month.

How many other children has she given birth to that she was able to give birth relatively quickly (I would assume anything more than an hour would have been noticed by her manager) and relatively painlessly (the pain of childbirth does get lesser the more children you birth) considering no one heard her screams of pain?
[Image: giphy.gif]
(08-26-2015, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How many other children has she given birth to that she was able to give birth relatively quickly (I would assume anything more than an hour would have been noticed by her manager) and relatively painlessly (the pain of childbirth does get lesser the more children you birth) considering no one heard her screams of pain?

That is pretty odd.  I only have one child, but my wife sounded like she was going to die. 

The strangest part of the story to me is the part about stating that she's suspected of having mental health issues.  DUH.  
(08-26-2015, 12:49 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: That is pretty odd.  I only have one child, but my wife sounded like she was going to die. 

The strangest part of the story to me is the part about stating that she's suspected of having mental health issues.  DUH.  

That's the strangest part to you?  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(08-26-2015, 12:51 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: That's the strangest part to you?  

Strangest part of the news story. 

The murder is obviously stranger.
(08-26-2015, 12:46 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How many other children has she given birth to that she was able to give birth relatively quickly (I would assume anything more than an hour would have been noticed by her manager) and relatively painlessly (the pain of childbirth does get lesser the more children you birth) considering no one heard her screams of pain?

I wouldn't assume it's happened more than once. People with a mental illness don't respond and react the same way as someone who doesn't.

When I was a medic, I ran an OB call to a Latino neighborhood. We transported a very pregnant woman who was surrounded by quite a few little ones already. We were at the triage desk when her water broke. From the triage desk to the elevator, she was crowning. In the elevator we removed her pants and I stuck out a gloved hand to catch the baby. I was suctioning the nose to clear out the fluid when the doors opened at the maternity ward.

The looks we got were rather interesting. One nurse said "what, you couldn't wait?"
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR