Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Maybe we should give McCarron a chance.
Are you drinking, Fred?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have lost two in a row. Pittsburgh is 6-4 and only 2 games behind us. If we don't do something we are going to miss the playoffs.

Is it time to let McCarron play. He could be great. We will never know until we give him a chance.

We know what we have with Dalton, and it doesn't look like he is going to be able to get us over the hump. He did a lot for this franchise, but we need something more.

Too bad Marvin is like so many other people here and is satisfied with just making the playoffs. Some of us want more.

We arent the Browns... we are 8-2 you dont pull your QB when your in not just the playoff race but a race for the BYE week. for a guy with Zero NFL experience.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 06:27 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: Are you drinking, Fred?

Just licking a toad.
Reply/Quote
It's time to bring Akili Smith out of retirement.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
[Image: Internet-Troll.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 12:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I miss that tall white WR we had in TC. We'd be undefeated if we would have kept him.

Matt Jones! Ninja

[Image: 8436.png&w=350&h=254]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:26 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Matt Jones! Ninja

The great debate of the 2010 preseason, Matt Jones vs. Andre Caldwell.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:26 PM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: Matt Jones! Ninja

Wasn't he a coke head or something?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:14 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: Internet-Troll.jpg]

You must remember my guns from my old "wife beater" avatar.

Even has the same "hand-on-chin" contemplative pose.

[Image: HPIM1487_1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: The great debate of the 2010 preseason, Matt Jones vs. Andre Caldwell.

What about Maurice Purify?
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2015, 10:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We have lost two in a row.  Pittsburgh is 6-4 and only 2 games behind us.  If we don't do something we are going to miss the playoffs.

Is it time to let McCarron play.   He could be great.  We will never know until we give him a chance.  

We know what we have with Dalton, and it doesn't look like he is going to be able to get us over the hump.  He did a lot for this franchise, but we need something more.

Too bad Marvin is like so many other people here and is satisfied with just making the playoffs.  Some of us want more.

Wrong.......no way.....Dalton adjusted to our lack of blocking and made quick throws to bring the team back and tie the game. That the defense let Palmer go down the field with no time outs and less than a minute left is no reason to bench Dalton who was AFC Offensive Player of October.  Houston beat us in the trenches and so did Arizona, and our very injured DB's are getting burned like toast. Lets put the blame where it should be. .....and remember that 8-2 is a good record. No Bengals quarterback has ever won the first 8 games. This is no time to be going Bengals Wicky Wacky by benching Dalton. ....Dalton and The Bengals are about ready to explode and clobber somebody, probably this Sunday to get to 9-2 on the season. .....The Browns would change quarterbacks like they always do, but remember, We Don't Live In Cleveland.....McCarron is good to have on the bench in case of an injury, that is his role in 2015 and no other. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 01:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Wasn't he a coke head or something?

he could have been our Sanu... pass throwing WR... and emergency QB.. but he just wasnt that good anymore...

The only logical reason i could see for starting mccarron is if we wanted to make sure dalton doesnt get a pay raise by getting a bye week

and that seems like a bad reason
Reply/Quote
Are people really taking this thread seriously?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 05:20 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Hit.

Told you Fred would hit it.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:05 PM)Harmening Wrote: Are people really taking this thread seriously?

Not many.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:05 PM)Harmening Wrote: Are people really taking this thread seriously?

By God I am. :angry:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 02:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: What about Maurice Purify?

2014: Caught 84 passes for 1,235 yards and 30 touchdowns in 13 games with the Arizona Rattlers...
2013: Caught 51 passes for 740 yards and nine touchdowns in nine games with the Arizona Rattlers...
2012: Earned First Team All-Arena honors after catching 126 balls for 1,932 yards and 46 touchdowns with the Arizona Rattlers... Named Offensive Player of the Game for his seven touchdown performance in ArenaBowl XXV...
2011: Named Rookie of the Year and Breakout Player of the Year and earned Second-Team All-Arena honors after leading the Georgia Force with 130 receptions and 46 touchdown catches, while finishing second on the team with 1,653 receiving yards..

I think he could have been useful.....
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:03 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: he could have been our Sanu...  pass throwing WR... and emergency QB.. but he just wasnt that good anymore...

Matt Jones was a freak athlete.  He was 6'6", 240 and ran a 4.35 forty.  He set records as a QB for Arkansas and also played on their basketball team.  I watched him play in college and he had that smooth, fluid type of movement that natural athletes have.

The drugs must have been the reason he washed out of the NFL so soon.  

I spent many hours on the old board trying to convince everyone how great he would be.  I think Wes Mantooth was the main protagonist for the other side in most of those arguments.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 03:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 2014: Caught 84 passes for 1,235 yards and 30 touchdowns in 13 games with the Arizona Rattlers...
2013: Caught 51 passes for 740 yards and nine touchdowns in nine games with the Arizona Rattlers...
2012: Earned First Team All-Arena honors after catching 126 balls for 1,932 yards and 46 touchdowns with the Arizona Rattlers... Named Offensive Player of the Game for his seven touchdown performance in ArenaBowl XXV...
2011: Named Rookie of the Year and Breakout Player of the Year and earned Second-Team All-Arena honors after leading the Georgia Force with 130 receptions and 46 touchdown catches, while finishing second on the team with 1,653 receiving yards..

I think he could have been useful.....

Wasn't he the one who absolutely blew someone (Roy Williams?) up in the Oklahoma drill on Hard Knocks?
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2015, 11:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: We arent the Browns... we are 8-2 you dont pull your QB when your in not just the playoff race but a race for the BYE week.    for a guy with Zero NFL experience.

AJ has played two snaps.
Reply/Quote